Blissful Ignorance: In a Vampire's World

Boots on the pavement...

"Haha! I beatcha! Again!" I laughed, beating Ryan at Guitar Hero. He had a big flat screen tv and PS3 in his room, along with four beanbag chairs and a Cal king sized bed. It was pretty kick ass.

"Oh come on! It's not even fair! You play the guitar!" Ryan whined as he peered over at me. "One more round?" I just shook my head.

"We gotta get going pretty soon." I stood up and looked out his sliding glass door that lead to his balcony. It was getting dark.

"Kristiana..." Ryan sighed as he sat in his beanbag chair, leaning forward with his arms on his knees. Uh oh. Serious talk indicated by the use of my whole first name.

I turned to him, but he just looked down.

"We could just...stay here." His voice showed he was serious, and shy about it.

I sighed. I know where he's going with this. "Ryan...I don't like you like that. We've talked about this." I hated this talk. We've had it a million times. I actually did try dating him once. It was towards the end of our sophmore year, and he cheated on me. I didn't talk to him for six months, which was basically until the beginning of my junior year, when he gave me a big speech on the past being the past. But he still likes me.

He stood up and walked over to me, and in front of me. "You know how much I regret what I did to you. I was really immature and I didn't know how good I had it with you. I understand that now, and I wouldn't make the same mistake twice." He took my hands gently in his, and I wanted to believe him, but...he hurt me so bad...

I shook my head. "Ryan. I'm not going to talk about this right now." I took my hands out of his, and walked towards his door to slip back into my boots. "We need to go. The party's already started." I walked out of his room and down towards the garage. After he hurt me, and after the six months which we didn't talk, I lost feelings for him as a boyfriend. And they haven't come back. But it still hurt me to see him so tortured by his past because he's one of my best friends. "Bye Mom!" I shouted as I passed the kitchen.

"Bye Krissy! Have fun!" She called back before I walked into the garage. I waited at the car for Ryan, and when he came out, he didn't look at me. He just got into his car, and I did too, and we drove off towards Sasha's party in silence.

**************

"Hey Kris!" Kevin shouted over the blaring music and crowd of people dancing.

I squeezed my way through the dancers and walked into the kitchen where it was less crowded, and Kevin hugged me. I could smell the beer on him, but he didn't seem drunk. "Hey Kev! How's it goin?" I hugged him back, then pulled back to grab a beer from the fridge.

"It's goin good!" He brought his lips closer to my ear, and pointed to the crowd. "Those girls keep checkin me out." He looked at two girls, both wearing mini skirts and high heels, and looking straight at him, then to me, giving me the death stare.

I shook my head, and kissed his cheek, then smiled at him fliratiously until the two girls walked further into the crowd, disappointment written all over their faces.

"What was that for?" Kevin looked at me curiously.

"Because someone like you should not be a one-night-stand kinda guy." I poked his chest.

"Come on, Krissy. You know I'm not like that." He took another chug of his beer.

"You might not be, but they probably are. Don't mess with sluts, Kev. You're only gonna get screwed over." I took a chug of mine as well.

"Yeah. Listen to the expert." Ryan had been standing behind me, but now moved towards the fridge. He wasn't joking around. He was being an asshole. I just ground my teeth together.

"Chill Ryan." Kevin took my side.

"What?" Ryan closed the fridge and popped the top off his beer. "I'm just sayin'. She's not one to give good advice on shit like that. I mean, she's a goody goody virgin. I'm surprised she even drinks." He was putting me down?! Right now?! After he just tried to get me to go out with him?! Hell no!

I shoved him hard into the fridge as I passed him and headed for the front door, leaving my beer on the pool table.

"Kris!" I could hear Kevin calling after me, trying to catch up with me probably. But I just slammed the door as I exited the house and ran down the street. What a dick! Who the hell does he think he is?! So what if I'm a virgin! It's a moral choice! At least I'm not a slut or something! So much for being my best friend. I just kept running until I rounded the corner, then slowed to a walk. It was hard running in my boots. I suddenly felt lights on my back, and I thought a car would pass me soon, but I could hear it following me. I glanced over my shoulder, thinking it might be Ryan, but it was an SUV. Looks like a Cadillac, but the brand of the car wasn't what I was worried about. They were following me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one's short. I just now noticed how both of my stories' chapter 2s are nearly the same in the end. In one, the girl gets kidnapped while walking, in this one, the girl is being followed and most likely will be kidnapped....huh....ah well! Hope you enjoy! ^^