Blissful Ignorance: In a Vampire's World

You're sending me WHERE?!

I broke out into a run again, running like never before. This couldn't be happening! The car revved its engine and was at my side quickly. A man opened the back door while it was still in motion, and prepared himself to reach for me. "Get closer!" The man yelled, to the driver. I looked at him, my eyes scared, and his were...determined.

As the car came closer, I stopped, catching them off guard, and tried to run across the street, when a Dodge Challenger came drifting around the corner, and headed straight for me, but swirved, so the passenger door was at my side. Kevin reached out, and pulled me into the car on his lap, then closed the door, and we took off, the Cadillac not able to keep up with the Hemi engine. We lost them quickly. I started crying, my whole body quivering and I snuggled myself into Kevin as he wrapped his arms around me, and whispered soothing words into my ear.

"It's ok, Kris. Shhhhh. You're alright." He rubbed my arm trying to calm me down.

"Is she hurt? Did they hurt her?" Ryan's voice was powerful, and angry.

"No. She's fine. We got to her first." Kevin sighed with relief, and put his hand on my head, pressing my ear against his chest.

The car zoomed past other cars as I tried to concentrate my eyes on Ryan.

**********

Ryan's P.O.V. Later at Kris's house

"WHAT?!" Kris's mom, Mary, was freaking out. Who could blame her? Her daughter was almost kidnapped by a secret organization that hunts for vampires. Mary was once in love with a man that became the headmaster at a co-ed vampire academy. Of course, he wasn't a vampire when he impregnated her, thus creating Kris. Peter, Kris's father (or sperm donor, as I like to consider him) met Mary at a little cafe she worked at in college. They fell in love after just a month of being attached at the hip, but a tragic car accident sent their dreams of a happy life together crashing down. Mary came out of the accident alright, but Pete was just seconds away from death. They were T-boned in an intersection in downtown. Luckily, there was a vampire passing near by on business, and he saved Peter by turning him into a vampire. Mary was grateful...until she found out that she couldn't live in the vampire world with her immortal lover. The vampire that saved Peter was Joseph Voltair, prince of the vampire world, and as a way to pay him back, Peter left Mary (who was unknowingly pregnant at the time) so he could go be a teacher at the vampire academy the Joseph's father ran. Recently the king was killed, and Joseph made Peter second in command at the academy.

Knowing that there were many organizations all over the world who hunted vampires, Mary worried that she or Kris could be used as a way to get to the vampire prince, and then the king. So she hired my and Kevin's family to watch over her, and Kris. We are werewolves. Allies of vampires, and therefore, protecting Kris, protects the royal vampires.

I never expected to fall in love with my target. But I did, and now, this was personal. Those stupid vampire hunters were after the girl of my dreams...but I let my emotions get in the way of my mission, and she almost got kidnapped because of it.

"Keep it down, Mary! You're going to wake her up!" Keving whispered harshly.

"They almost got her? My baby? I can't believe this!" She plopped down on the couch, with her head in her hands. "I didn't expect them to come so soon..."

Kevin sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her. "Mary, you always knew this was going to happen. And it was always more likely that it would be before college." I don't know how he did it, but he had a way to calm people down in almost any situation. I always thought it was a weird power or something.

I watched Mary sit silently on the couch, looking at the ground, deep in thought. What was she thinking about? She was struggling with a thought, and I could see it all over her face. She finally looked up at me with tortured eyes.

"I have to send her to him." She finally said. The "him" she's referring to, is Kris's father.

My eyes went wide, and my anger flared. "No! You cannot send her to that bloodsucking asshole!" As you can probably tell, I don't like the fact that we wolves act like the servants of the vampires. And to even THINK that I will let her send Kris to a school strictly consisting of bloodsucking vampires is crazy. "She's human, Mary! She'll get sucked dry before she even gets the chance to take one step into the school!"

"Shut up Ryan!" Kevin glared at me, trying to make me keep my voice down.

"Kevin-"

"Ryan...you know she'll be better protected there than here." Mary's voice was meek.

"What? Are you kidding me?! If you think that then why did you hire us in the first place?! Do you really think we can't do our job effectively?" I can't believe she just said that!

"Ryan you're going to wake her up!" Kevin whispered harshly.

"Too late." Kris said with a yawn as she walked down the stairs in her Skelanimals pajamas. "What are you yelling about?" She asked, walking right up to me and looking into my eyes. It all became so real to me just then. I could've lost her. I might not have ever looked into these beautiful blue eyes ever again. Even with me and Kevin here to protect her, she wasn't safe.

I brought my hand to her cheek, watching her eyes go from sleepy to worried.

"Ryan?"

I just ran my thumb across her cheek. "You have to go, Kris."

"What?" She looked at me like this was a joke. "What're you talking about? Go where?" She looked from me to her mother and Kevin.

Mary stood up and brought Kris into her arms. "I'm sending you to a boarding school, far away from here." She whispered.

"WHAT?!" Kris pushed herself back from her mother. "Are you kidding me? So we have some creeps around here, big f-ing deal! You don't need to send me away! There's creeps everywhere we go anyway! It's not that big of a deal!" She was on the brink of tears.

I couldn't look at her, so desperate not to leave. I can't blame her for being so sad. She's getting punished because she almost got kidnapped. It wasn't fair.

"Honey this place is well hidden, and they have very good acedemics. You can get a scholorship to any college in the country if you get a good recommendation-" Mary tried to calm her down without crying herself.

"No! You can't send me away! You can't do this to me!" Tears were flowing freely now and she started sobbing as she backed away a little bit. She looked to Kevin, then me. "You want me to go?"

I looked at her tear-stained cheeks and red eyes and shook my head. "No. I don't. But I know you'll be safe if you go. And that's what matters." I felt so dead. I sounded like it too. Yet, at the same time, I felt a sense of peace. I knew she would be ok there. She's the headmaster's daughter, and no vampire would dare touch her. She will be safer. And when we find out who tried to take her, she can come home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! ^^ Comment & rate me please.