Blissful Ignorance: In a Vampire's World

Hillsworth Academy: Home of the Jerks

Kris's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe this. I was in a taxi on my way from the airport to this stupid boarding school. Hillsworth Academy. At least it's co-ed. I haven't talked to my mom, or Kevin and Ryan since the night they told me they were sending me to this stupid school--about a week ago. Mom is seriously overreacting, but there's nothing I can do about it.

"Miss. We're here." The taxi driver said, pulling up to a large, elegant-looking building, at least thirty stories tall. I sighed and got out of the car when it stopped, and walked to the trunk of the car where the driver was getting my bags out.

"Welcome!" A nice, handsome-looking man walked down the steps out of the front of the school, and up to me. He was stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! Abercrombie and Fitch models had nothing on him!

"Eh...hi." I said, snapping myself out of my daze.

"My name is Lindon, and you must be miss Morano." He held his hand out for me to shake, and I did, nodding, then let my hand drop to my side. "I'll get your bags for you and have them sent to your room. Why don't you go up to the office? You just walk inside and go to your right. K?" He was still smiling when I left him to head inside the school.

I walked into the office, noticing everyone in there was stopping their conversations to look at me, then whisper to one another. What? Don't they get new kids here every year? Did I have something on my shirt? I had no idea. I just walked up to the desk and smiled at the beautiful brunette who sat behind it. "Hi. My name's Kristiana Morano. I'm-"

"You're the new student here. Welcome! Let me get your schedule and room assignment for you." She smiled and got up to grab some papers from a room further into the office. I could see her shadow through the blinds of the room, but it wasn't the only one. There was a manly figure standing by the window, but once he noticed me looking at him, he moved away, and that's when the girl walked out of the room, and back up to me. "Here you go, sweetie. If you need any help, just ask any one of our students or staff members and they'll be happy to help you."

"Thanks." I smiled, then left the office. Once I was into the giant entrance hall, decorated with flowers, fancy rugs, and grand staircase that lead to God knows where. I took out my room assignment and map of the school, and was on my way to finding my room. I walked from the entrance hall out a door that was on one side of the stairs on this floor, which led me to the courtyard. It was really big! Maybe about two and a half acres or so. With green grass, a few trees here and there, stone benches, and patches of flowers. All of those things would've made me stop and look around if I wasn't getting weird looks from all the students there. They were all extremely beautiful! Making me feel so...inferior and self-conscious. All the girls had perfect figures, perfect skin, perfect silky hair, and the guys were all either skinny-muscled (flat stomach with strong arms), or well built (six pack abs, muscled arms). But they all were...unique. None of the girls looked exactly alike, and the boys didn't either, but they were still perfect. As soon as I felt their piercing eyes on me, I froze, looking like a deer in headlights, and took a step back, wanting to run away, but instead, I backed right into a wall....wait...it's not a wall! It's a boy! Holy crap! I noticed this as I turned around to face him, then he just sneered and walked away.

"Don't worry 'bout him. He just doesn't like new people." Another boy came up behind me and smiled at me.

I regained my normal composure and sighed. "Well ain't that just too damn bad for him." I turned around to face the voice that had spoken to me, and froze. He was a gorgeous, 6'1" hottie with a body and fantastic brown eyes that looked like honey with a hint of chocolate added to the liquidy mix and sandy blond hair that was perfectly mussed over one of his eyes, and an acid covered smile that melted my heart, and had a lip ring on its left side of the bottom lip. Definitely had six-pack abs.

He just chuckled softly. "You'll get used to it. Alot of these kids come to this school because they're extremely beautiful, and hate being chased around like celebrities. That's why they're all glaring at you. They're upset that you got in."

I glared at him. "You're saying I'm not going to be accepted here because I'm not pretty enough?"

He looked surprised, and suddenly got nervous. "N-no...they...I mean...you're pretty."

I smiled and pat his shoulder. "No worries, love. I understand. I was just messin' with ya." I held out my hand towards him. "My name's Kristiana, but you can call me Kris, Krissy, Morano, or Mo. Whichever one you prefer."

He shook my hand gently. Good God man. I'm not made of glass. "My name's Jake." He smiled that glacier-melting smile again. "So. Do you need a tour of the school?"

I nodded. "That'd be awesome."

He took my hand hand and walked me around, introducing me to two of his friends before we continued. They're names were Vincent and Michael. Vincent was a sweet guy, maybe 6' with dark brown hair and brown eyes, same build as Jake. While Michael was a bit more rugged-looking. Like he liked to fight. He had spiked brown hair and blue eyes, and a bit more muscled than Jake.

***************

"And that's the building your room is in." Jake pointed to a tall, apartment-like building. "Which kinda surprises me." He tossed his head to the side lightly, moving his hair away from his eye a bit.

I looked up at him curiously. "Why?"

"Well because your room number is 737. Numbers one hundred through nine hundred are in the boy's dormitory, and numbers one thousand through sixteen hundred are in the girl's dormitory." He looked down into my eyes while he explained, almost making me lose focus on our discussion.

But hearing that I had a room in the boy's dormitory woke me up. "What? Are you kidding me? Why in the hell did they put me in the boy's dorm?" Oh crap! I hope I get my own room. It'd be extremely awkward rooming with a boy!

"I have no idea." Jake just shrugged. "But anyway, it's almost lunch time. Wanna go eat with me? Or do you wanna go to your room?"

I put my hand over my stomach. "I'm not really hungry. I'm just gonna go check out my room."

"Alright. I'll find you at dinner time." He took my hand in his, and brought it to his lips, kissing the back of it. "Bye." He smiled sexily, and walked off, leaving me with my hand tingling.

I just whispered a good-bye, and then was off to the dorm building. I kept my eyes on the ground, trying to ignore the looks I got from the guys as I entered their building and headed for the elevator.

"Hey, new girl. You're in the wrong building. Go scamper off to the rooms filled with the pink walls and stuffed animals that you're used to." One of them said as I passed him.

I hated, being treated like a scared, gullible, girly-girl. I stopped and turned to him, glaring at him angrily. "Why don't you shut your face, before you find my hand in it?" I was suddenly surrounded by guys smiling and excited to see what happened next.

The guy I'd engaged in a fight with was actually taller that Jake, with vicious eyes glaring at me. He was very hott...just like every other guys around here. He had blond hair, and brown eyes, dressed to impress . "You picked the wrong guy to mess with, sweetheart."

"No, pretty boy. You picked the wrong girl to mess with." I stood my ground as he took a threatening step towards me.

Suddenly there was a body between me and the guy who tried to start shit with me.

"Xavier, cut it out. She hasn't done anything to you, so stop trying to pick fights with her. You know you can't win anyway." It was the boy I bumped into in the courtyard! The one who didn't like me because I'm new. He was taller than the guy I'd gotten into a fight with. Maybe 6'3", with black hair. I couldn't see his eyes with his back turned towards me.

"Damien." Was all he said as he glared viciously at me, almost, in a way, asking for permission to proceed with the fight.

Damien. The kid in front of me was named Damien? That's a kick ass name. Anyway, he just shook his head, and Xavier glared at him, then walked off with a few of his friends. And just like that, the fight was over. He turned to me (blue-green eyes) and looked down at me disapprovingly before walking to the elevator.

All the other guys eventually left, and I just scurried off to the cafeteria, extremely pissed off. I so badly wanted to sock that asshole Xavier in the jaw. If only that other asshole hadn't gotten in the way. I looked around until I found Jake, Vincent, and Michael sitting at a table, and I walked over to them, and plopped down next to Jake, with Vince and Mike sitting across from us.

"Hey Kris. What's wrong?" Jake asked, turning to me. I hated attention. It always made me feel like a drama queen or something.

"Got into a fight." I just said, sighing, hoping it would calm me down. It did...a little...

"What? With who?" Mike asked, about ready to jump up and chase down who ever started it.

"Xavier." I watched as they all just sighed, Mike calming down.

"He's always itching for a fight. He's a real hard-ass." Vince said, though I could see in all their faces they were pissed off a little.

"Well he needs to cool it. I totally would've decked him if Damien hadn't gotten in the way."

"Damien? What'd he do?" Jake raised a brow.

"Defended me. But I can handle myself. I don't like being treated like I'm weak." I glared down at the table.

"Well maybe you shouldn't act that way then." I heard Damien's voice behind me, and I turned my body to look at him.

"Excuse me?!" I stood up and in his face...well chest...I'm pretty short..."I was doing fine until you showed up!"

"Yeah, that's why you looked like you were going to be pummeled by a guy twice your size, sweetheart.." Damien just seemed bored with this conversation.

"You little prick-!" I was cut off by a hand covering my mouth from behind me.

"Chill out, Kris." Jake said soothing in my ear.

What's this? Is Damien getting pissed off now? He was glaring...but not at me...

I pushed myself away from Jake and stormed out of the cafeteria. Yeah. I was going to have a wonderful time here. *note the sarcasm