Blissful Ignorance: In a Vampire's World

My Friends Have Come to Visit!

Back to Kristiana's P.O.V.

I heard the door open, and looked over to see Kyle entering the room with a smirk on his face. "What's up?"

He just shook his head. "Nothing. What movie are you guys watchin'?" He sat down next to me on the couch, officially closing the Kris sandwich with Marcus on my left.

"The Clerks II. The funniest damn movie on the planet." I replied cheerfully.

"It's pretty good so far." Marcus added, his eyes glued to the TV.

"Told ya so." I mocked, poking him in the side.

Marcus flinched slightly, but didn't look at me.

"So do you guys ever have parties around here?" I looked to Kyle, thinking he might be the most inclined to party.

"Oh yeah. Our parties are just as good as frat parties at a college." Kyle smirked and nodded, but glanced at Marcus, then finally his eyes landed on me.

"Sweet! When's the next one?" I asked, all excited to see what the parties were like at my new home.

"Well there's one tonight, but me and Marcus weren't really planning on going." Kyle seemed bored with the thought of the party.

"Why not? It's Saturday!" I stood up quickly and faced them, blocking the TV.

Marcus grabbed my hand quickly and jerked me forward so hard I lost my balance and fell right into Kyle, who in turn cradled me like a baby in his arms.

"Because it's not a good one. When we hear about a good party, we'll take you along." Kyle looked down into my eyes, obviously enjoying having a girl around he could treat like his own sibling...speaking of siblings...

"Kyle? Do you have any siblings?" I relaxed in his arms, being reminded of Kevin's protective hold on me when he and Ryan saved me from being kidnapped.

Kyle nodded and sat me back down between him and Marcus. "Yes. I have one little sister and two older brothers. Actually, my sister goes here, but she's on a different part of the campus. This school is K-12, and the different grades are split up. The middle school is on our right, a little bit behind those trees you see when you walk out onto the balcony, and the elementary school is on our left, which is where my sister is. They're separated by seven acres or so of trees to keep the younger students from wandering onto the high school campus."

This shocked me. I had no idea there were more than just high schoolers that went here. "Wow. Can I meet your sister?" I wondered what she might be like. Probably adorable.

Kyle smiled and nodded, happy to see I took such an interest in him and his family. "Sure. I was planning on seeing her tomorrow for our family dinner that we have on Sundays. You can meet my parents and brothers, too."

That was unexpected. I get to meet his family all in one day? Awesome! He really is my friend! Yay! I have like...five friends now!

"We should go to bed guys. It's getting late." Marcus shut off the TV, making the room completely dark, but I could hear him and Kyle stand up, and they stopped when I didn't. "You ok Kris?"

I shook my head. "No. I can't see a thing." I suddenly felt a cool hand on mine, and it brought me off the couch, and started walking. I didn't know who it was, but I stumbled along, occasionally bumping into a wall. Finally we reached the bedroom, where Kyle turned on the light and I saw that I was holding Marcus's hand. "Thanks." I smiled and walked over to my side of the room, that was still quite barren, and grabbed my pj's out of my suitcase before heading to the bathroom to change, turning on every light I could on my way. I locked the door and quickly changed into my black Skelanimals pajamas before gathering up my clothes and walking back to the room, tuning off the lights I had turned on.

"I don't know Marcus. He's so stubborn, you know? He doesn't even want to take the time to get to know her." Kyle's stressed voice made me stop half way down the hall.

"I wouldn't worry, Kyle. She'll find a way." Marcus sounded like he was smiling.

"But is that even safe? I mean, she's extremely fragile-"

I took a step forward, dropping my jeans on the ground, and that was when Kyle stopped talking, so I walked back into the bedroom after picking up my jeans. "Hey guys." I smiled, acting like I hadn't heard a thing, even though my mind was racing with questions. Who was the 'he' they were talking about? And were they talking about me?....psht, nah. I shouldn't be so paranoid. I mean, it's not like everyone's conversations revolve around me. So I just put my clothes in my suitcase.

"Aww isn't that cute? Look Marcus! They're little skeletons." Kyle got up from lounging on his bed and came over to me to get a closer look at my pj's.

"Adorable." Marcus rolled his eyes and turned on his side, his back now facing me and Kyle. "Leave the girl alone and go to sleep Kyle."

Kyle smiled and walked back over to his bed. "'Night Kris."

"G'night." I said softly, then grabbed some sheets, blankets, and a pillow from a nearby cabinet and made my bed before turning off the light and climbing into it. I laid there in the dark, forcing myself not to think about home. Instead, I tried to come up with possible explanations for the boys' conversation, and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

I woke up to the annoying ring of a telephone, followed by a thud, and all that could be heard was a quiet voice.

"Hello? Is anybody there?"

I groaned and looked at the phone in the middle of the room, then got out of bed with a frustrated sigh and picked up the phone Kyle had thrown his pillow at. "Hello?" I answered groggily.

"Ms. Morano?" The female voice questioned, though she must've known she had it right since I was the only girl in this room. The dumb broad.

"Yes that's me." I ran a hand through my tangled hair to move it out of my face, and looked at the two still-sleeping boys. They both seemed so...mature. I don't know how to explain it, but it was just the way they looked.

"You have some visitors down here in the lobby." She said with annoyance, as if she heard my thoughts of her being a dumb broad, and hung up.

But I couldn't think about her rude tone, because I knew there were only three people who could be here for me. Ryan, Kevin, and Mom. I jumped off the floor, snagged some clothes, and ran into the bedroom to get changed before my roomies had any time to ask me who it was.

My hair was in a high ponytail, I had thrown on some black eye liner and a bit of mascara before I was out the door in jeans, black v-neck shirt, and bracelets. I ran to the elevator, pressing the button ten million times before deciding to take the stairs. I swear you would've thought I was being chased by that killer from Scream. The pitter-patter of my Converse hitting the cement stairs almost ran together. I threw myself at the door, the crisp morning air hitting my cheeks. I sprinted across the courtyard, towards the office until I saw my two best friends walking out of the administrative building and staring at me with big grins on their faces. "Boys!" I squealed with delight as I jumped at them.

One said Krissy and the other said Morano, but they both caught me in their arms, but kept me between them. They shifted me around so I was sitting on their arms in an upright position with an arm around each of their necks, bringing their cheeks to mine.

"I missed you guys!"

"Krissy..." Kevin said in a whispered, struggling voice.

"Can't breathe." Ryan said in the same voice.

"Oh! Sorry." I let them go, and they set me on my feet. I glanced up at them, and noticed they weren't quite used to the stares of these foreign people yet. At least at our school they were in their "home court" I guess you'd say, if any new people came. I was overtaken by curiosity and looked behind me at all the people trying to burn holes in us with their stares. I half turned my body towards everyone. "What're you all looking at? Don't you have anything better to do?" I said, loud enough for everyone to hear. I could hear their scoffing and the cheerleader-types flipping their hair and starting their conversations with "anyways". I sighed with aggravation, and turned back to Kevin and Ryan's stunned faces. "What?" It's not like they've never seen me throw my attitude around.

"You've only been here for like...a day and you're already causing problems?" Kevin shook the shock from his face, and smirked at me.

I shrugged. "It's mostly their fault. They shouldn't stare like that." I inhaled, stuck my hands in my back pockets, and then relaxed my shoulders and exhaled. "What're you guys doing here anyhow?"

Kevin wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. "You sounded depressed on the phone. We got worried, so we hopped on a midnight flight and flew out here."

I sighed softly, then headed towards my dorm room with Kevin at my side, and Ryan behind us, scoping out the chicks, I guessed. "You guys didn't need to do that."

Kevin scoffed at my subtle way of letting them know I could handle myself. "The hell we didn't! You were on the brink of tears, Kris. Just let go of your pride and admit that you needed us."

I playfully shoved him away, but he came back like a freakin' yo-yo, and he was smiling at my side again. Though one was smiling, the other was being awfully quiet. I glanced back at him, and stopped in my tracks. My eyes wandered from Ryan, to the rest of the school who was staring at him and Kevin. It pissed me off. I balled my hands into fists, planted my feet into the ground, and took in a deep breath to prepare to scream at them. Oooooh I could feel the anger flowing through my veins like liquid fire. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU STUPID SNOBS STARING AT?!! STOP OGLING THE VISITORS BEFORE YOU FIND MY SIZE SIX FOOT UP YOUR A-"

A soft tan hand found its way in front of my mouth, while it's twin wrapped itself around my waist and lifted me off the ground and pressed my back against a hard chest. These hands belonged to Kevin, who had his mouth close (almost too close) to my ear and whispered, "Calm yourself Killer. It's no big deal, alright?"

Ryan looked into my eyes as my muffled screams of anger reached his ears, and he strolled over to me and Kevin, making me shut up. "She's alright, Kev. I think you can let the pissed-off-pussy-cat go." He smiled that wonderful smile that completely extinguished my flame.

Kevin slowly set my feet on the ground, released my waist from his steely grip, and slowly, very slowly took his hand off my mouth, ready to put it back if I was to start yelling again. When I didn't, Kevin sighed with relief and took a step back from me.

I glared at the students around me, some of them laughing their snooty laughs, or staring at me in shock, others--mostly boys--smiling at me, getting off on my spunk I guessed. Once I was finished staring them down, I stomped off towards my dorm. It was mostly for show. I didn't want Ryan to know he had the power to make my fury go from 100 to 7 in 2.2 seconds just by smiling at me. Hearing Kevin and Ryan's footsteps let me know I didn't have to look back at them and make sure they were following me.

"Boys! We have visitors!" I called as I walked into the dorm, taking off my shoes by the door. I looked back at the boys following me in. "Take off your shoes." I walked over to the living room and plopped myself down on the couch, grabbing the remote off the coffee table on my way.

"Woah. This is nice." Kevin commented as he strolled over to the couch and sat next to me.

"Psht," Ryan scoffed. "My room's bigger than this dump." He found himself sitting on a bean bag chair, though.

"Hey Ryan. Thanks for the shade your bulbous head creates by blocking the sun." Kevin smirked, Ryan shot up to his feet.

"You wanna go, little man?" Ryan teased, pointing at his friend for a dramatic effect.

"Let's do it Mega Domis!" Kevin shot up too, and tackled Ryan to the ground. Mega Domis: for Mega Dome, if you hadn't guessed it. Ryan and Kevin rolled around, but Kevin eventually got Ryan in a headlock. How odd. Usually it was Ryan who was getting Kevin in the headlock.

I shrugged off the thought when I heard Kevin speak to me. "Hey Kris! Get 'im!"

Ryan's eyes widened, and he flailed around desperately, making me smirk and stand up in front of the boys.

"Don't even think about it Morano!" Ryan struggled to speak, Kevin's arm crushing his voice box.

That was when I lunged at him, straddling his hips, and tickled him to death! I struggled to stay on him when he tried to roll me off of him, but he couldn't get far since Kevin still had his head. We all laughed and giggled...until Kyle stomped in, his body rigid, and half naked. He was in just sweatpants....He's so hott! But that's not the point. He's angry. (and that's hott too! )

"SHUT UP!!!"

His yell made me freeze, but Kevin and Ryan were on their feet in front of me in the blink of an eye. They were...growling? How did I end up sitting on the floor anyhow?...How did they get up so fast? All of these questions seemed to be trivial to the fact that it looked like a fight would break out. I scrambled to my feet and got between the boys and Kyle. "I'm sorry for waking you up Kyle. This is Ryan and Kevin." I pointed to them as I spoke their names.

"Oh." Kyle said softly, his rigid body relaxing and going back to normal as he yawned. His eyes went back to being sleepy. "Friends of yours from home?"

I nodded, smiling happily. "They flew all the way out here to visit me."

"That's nice of them." Kyle scratched his head, then turned around to walk back to the room. "I'm gonna go take a shower. You don't have to be quiet now. Marcus is already up. Don't go in the bedroom. He's getting dressed."

"Yes sir." I rolled my eyes playfully, then turned around to face the boys, who were still a bit rigid from the outburst. "You guys ok?" I raised a brow curiously, and watched them slowly relax.

"Yeah. We're fine." Kevin softly smiled down at me.

"Does he always yell like that?" Ryan asked, a bit defensively. But I understood why.

"No. He's actually a very sweet person. Him and Marcus and Jake are three of my friends here. They're the only three that really accept me here, and love me. They get very attached very quickly." I smiled sweetly, thinking of my new friends, but it just made Ryan frown.

"You have a crush one of them, don't you?" He asked bluntly. How could he tell? Did I put extra emphasis on Jake's name? He huffed, as if reading my mind...probably just the guilty confusion on my face. "Which one?"

Kevin wrapped his arms around me from behind. "Who's the lucky dog?"

I sighed, my heart sinking when I saw the pained expression on Ryan's face, though he tried to hide it. "Jake."

"Have you kissed him already?" Ryan's intense eyes never left mine as he didn't skip a beat. For some reason, those harsh eyes made me feel guilty as hell.

But I shouldn't feel that way. "Yes." I said confidently, letting Kevin drop his arms and stand by Ryan's side.

"Kris you're moving kinda fast." I couldn't believe Kevin was taking taking Ryan's side!...well actually, I could. I'm not that kind of girl. If I really like someone enough to date them, I get to know them first, and when I feel comfortable with them, then I kiss them. But I've only known Jake for like a day and I've already kissed him and made him my boyfriend? This really wasn't me...but there was just something about him...

"I know." I said softly, looking at the ground, all my confidence gone the moment my "pillar of support" came crashing down.

"What the hell are you thinking? You don't even know this guy Kris! He could be a total creep or player!" Ryan blew up, making me flinch, but I glared up at him with fierce eyes.

"It's none of your business so just stop talking about it!"

"It's none of my business?! Kristiana Morano I've known you all your life, watched over you, supported you...I'm practically family you ungrateful-" Ryan was suddenly cut off by the appearance of Marcus behind me.

"Is everything ok in here?"

I turned around and walked past him angrily. "Just dandy." I stomped down the hall and slammed the bedroom door shut. What a great way to start the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this out. I've been having internet problems. I hope you enjoy this!