I Wanna Run, But Only Far Enough To Make You Miss Me

It Was A Cold California, Even In The Summer

(Jack’s POV)

I played with a smile as the crowd enthusiastically sang our songs, it had been five years but they hadn’t forgotten them. We were playing our last song of the night; apart from the acoustic Alex played at the end, and I guess I was really sad to leave LA. I’d miss the hot weather, the sun and the In-n-Out burgers so much, but also I’d miss Hanna. I longed to see her, and even though I was meant to be angry at her I couldn’t, I loved her too much.

We finished off the last few bars of Dear Maria before Zack, Ryan and I walked off stage to the wings, leaving Alex alone with his acoustic guitar and the crowd. As I sat down just off to the side, but still visible by the crowd, Alex started speaking in to the microphone.

“Well guys we’ve got one more song, hope you enjoy it and we’ll defiantly see you next time for lots of under aged sex maybe!”

The crowd screamed in excitation even though most of them were around 20 but still it was funny. Alex began strumming the first few bars of Remembering Sunday smiling in to the crowd before beginning the song of love lost.

“Woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Starting making his way past 2 in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days

Leaning out into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs

Now this place is familiar to him
She pulls on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs, she led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me

Even though she doesn't believe in love,
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads though he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside

Forgive me, I'm trying to find
My calling, I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother,
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm going to ask her to marry me”

I sang with him while blissfully day dreaming of Hanna and of what ‘d lost before I heard a commotion behind me. Matt was fiercely arguing with Hanna, thrusting a microphone in her general direction, if I strained my ears I could just about hear what they said.

“Come one do it, I dare you!” Matt smirked wiggling the micro phone in front of Hanna beautiful face.
“No! Matt please don’t make me do it again, I’m not cut out for the stage, singing on my own in the shower is much more up my street!” she pleaded, although I knew it was in vain, Matt never backed down and thus always won.

“Oww come on, Alex would be sooo happy!” he said using his infamous puppy dog eyes.

“Don’t you give me those eyes Matthew Flyzik,” Hanna accused pointing at him

“Pweeesssee!”

“Urgh fine you horrific monster, I’ll bloody do it,” she screamed, her English accent coming out a bit.

“Saaawweeet!” he screeched before hugging her a pushing her in the direction of the stage, and me.

“The neighbours said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavour
To find my whoever, wherever she may be”

As she walked towards me we never took our eyes off each other, she was probably disgusted by me while I was doing the exact opposite, taking in her full beauty. She looked divine wearing skintight skinny jeans and lace up Vans, with a white ‘create new destroy old’ by Snakes and Suits. I stared in awe, forgetting to close my gaping mouth.

In a second she was beside me about to go on stage and sing her part of the song before I gentle grabbed her by the hand, and looked in to those beautiful blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean.

“Hey Jack,” she whispered before making her way on stage.

(Alex’s POV)

I sighed as I neared Juliet’s part in the song, remembering the last time we played this song at this venue. Hanna surprised me by singing Juliet’s part, as I believed her to me 3,000 miles away in England. I didn’t get my hopes up that she would do the same thing this time around, probably tucked up in bed with my nephew right now, crying herself to sleep, dreaming of Colin. I smiled sadly before quickly turning around just to make sure, when suddenly the voice haunting my dreams became a reality

“I'm not coming back, I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak, but you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt; now the rain is
Washing you out of my hair and out of my mind
Keeping an eye on the world,
So many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now I'm at home in the clouds
Towering over your head”

It was pitch perfect and she didn’t falter once, just like the time before, it was amazing. I smiled in encouragement and pleasure before we finished the song together.

“I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home”

We embraced at the end and the crowd seemed to go extra nuts, maybe they remember her from last time or maybe they though Hanna and I were a couple, I giggled at that thought.

It took me a few seconds to realize the relevance Remembering Sunday had to Hanna and Jack’s relationship. It talks about a boy looking for his love, but never finding her, and becoming depressed. Just the way it was for Jack, and then in Juliet’s part the girl says she’s done something terrible and the fact that she wasn’t coming back. It sounded just like Hanna having Eric and not telling Jack and the letters she sent to both of us. The girl in the song says she’s over the boy and she’s home, I guess I could see that Hanna was over Jack and she was now home, here in LA. Although I’d never stop hoping and praying that one day they would realize their love was too powerful to be missed out on and just tossed our in the trash.

In the last part of the song were I sing ‘I guess I’ll go home now,’ it makes such an obvious reference to the present time, Jack, I and the rest of the band are leaving tomorrow to go back to our home, Baltimore. Leaving Hanna and Eric behind, I guess, which is the hardest and saddest part, not knowing when I’m next going to see my sister and nephew.

Remembering Sunday may as well of been written for Hanna and Jack, about the trials and tribulations of their love, I only hope that, unlike the song, theirs would be a happy ending.
With that I walked off stage, waving to the excited fans, holding my beloved sister’s hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
wahoooooo!
84 readers and 26 subscribers thats soo awsome! thanks guys
but i know we can bring those numbers up *hint hint*

please comment it means the world!!!!!! not another update until we reach the 25 comment marks! yerr i'm being a poohead i know!!!!

oh and also, read the lyrics to remembering sunday and then think about Jack and hanna's relationship, it really makes sense! i didnt even plan it, it just kinda fit which is super awsme!!!!

SUBSCRIBE
COMMENT!!