The Same Old Blood Rush

...With a New Touch

When he one day turned to me and said everything was over I felt like dying, like I wouldn’t be able to keep on with my life. Like I would never be happy again. Crazy, right? He never really cared to be honest, I was rather foolish. All he ever wanted was to fool around until he got sick of me and went for the next one. Then other guy came along and I once again though he was the one. In my opinion he was sweet and caring, I was just too blind to see that sweetness was faked and the care was deceiving, only there to pursue his goal. Same shit, different day. He proved to be just like the other.
And that’s how my life kept on, in a vicious cycle. The faces, places and timing constantly changing, just not the situation.
My last disappointment had been mere days before my sixteenth birthday, just another asshole not worth mentioning. I was getting fed up of it, why was it that I seemed unable to find someone decent? Was it asking too much?

My friends stood around me smiling and singing me Happy Birthday, making me laugh as Mari went out of key and acted all goofy, but only one thing was on my mind when I, with one deep breath, blew out the candles: please send me a lover who cares.
Kallie asked, with those blue and curious eyes, what had been my wish, but I couldn’t risk having it not coming true.
And for that time, with all my friends around me, I was happy.

Not once in those hours did I think of how yet again I had been so terribly used, but the party was soon coming to an end and those upsetting thoughts came back full force when I found myself alone in my bedroom.
Presents and wrapping paper were spread all over but I couldn’t be arsed to clean it up, I was too tired to even care. So ten minutes later all that could be heard was the sound of my breathing as I fell into a deep slumber.

The next morning was pretty much made of me cleaning up the house with some help from my brother. Not the best he could give but still worth mentioning.
When every surface was shining and no random papers or ribbons could be seen randomly around, I found myself letting out a satisfied sigh.
I then made my way to the bathroom and took a much needed bath to relax my tired body, but my mind kept slipping to the always so present issue in the back of my mind.
Melancholy took over as I slid on some clothes and dragged myself out of my house feeling suffocated inside those walls. I wasn’t in the mood to force smiles just to make people feel better, I just needed some time to let it all out.

Along streets and neighbourhoods, my feet carried me to a small park. I sat in silence taking it all in. Colorful leaves covered the ground, shading every inch of it with yellows, reds and oranges, creating a unique atmosphere, magical almost. It somehow soothed me.
For a while all that could be heard was the sound of the wind blowing, causing the swings to softly sway, a low creaking sound adding to the semi-silence. But another sound joined not too long after.
My ears perked up as the sound of footsteps reached me, accompanied by a slight rustling of dry leaves, my eyes moving up to gaze at the newcomer as the steps ceased beside me.
He didn’t acknowledge me as he sat down on the opposite side of the old park bench, simply focusing his eyes ahead of where both of us stood.
It was silent for a while as I stared at him intrigued and he kept looking elsewhere but he soon broke the moment, turning his face to me.
“This is the only bloody bench nearby,” he pointed out, explaining himself.
Instead of getting fazed by his not so sensible remark my all attention focused on his deep voice owe to the strong accent within it.
I tilted my head to the side curiously. “You’re not from here.”
His blue eyes stared into mine for a second, looking away again as he shook his head “Indeed I’m not.”
I didn’t mean to sound rude nor anything but he had gotten my attention. It wasn’t just the accent or the looks, yes because it wasn’t everyday that you saw around here a guy with a Famous Stars and Straps shirt, black cargo shorts and white socks pulled up, peaking from his black Etnies shoes. Just not to say he was quite handsome. But beside all of that, his attitude was different from any guy I had ever met.
“Where’s that accent from?” I found myself asking him.
An amused look crossed his features “you didn’t seem so talkative when I arrived.”
A slight blush crept over my cheeks and I gave him a small shrug “I was just in need of some fresh air.”
“Wales,” he suddenly spoke. I stared at him looking rather confused “Whales?”
He chuckled and shook his head again, “No, Wales. I’m from Wales. Isn’t that what you wanted to know?”
I smiled sheepishly at him, face burning redder, “Oh right. Yeah that was it. So what brings you to Pennsylvania…?”
He grinned catching my drift “It’s Michael, but people call me Moose.”
I had to stop myself from questioning his nickname.
“I’m Raychel.”
He nodded “I moved here. And what brings you here?”
I ran my fingers through my brown hair with a shrug “Just needed away from home for a bit.”
His brow rose up questioningly, his eyes now boring into mine, body half turned on the bench to face me better.
“You have problems home?”
I shook my head with a soft laugh “not at all, just needed some alone time. I have a lot to take in.”
“Such as…?”
My eyes focused down on my feet as I quietly kicked a rock “The fact another year passed and I still haven’t found a decent guy. I mean, I know I’m not exactly pretty but why is it so hard?”
I had no idea why was I here spilling my heart out to some guy I had never seen before but he somehow made me feel like I could talk to him. It was a nice feeling how easy it was to make a conversation with him.
“You, not pretty? You must be kidding me, you’re bloody gorgeous!” he exclaimed suddenly.
I stared at him with deep red cheeks. For the first time in my life I had a boy making me a compliment and he actually seemed sincere. It was an amazing feeling.
The more I talked with Moose, the more I liked him. Usually I would find the guy good looking and nice, just in that general way, but with him it was different. I could actually specify what I liked about him. He was nice and good looking as well, even more that any boy I’d ever meet, but more importantly, he was real. His feelings and acts weren’t forced, they came out naturally.

And that’s how it all started.

“Baby get your ass down here!” my boyfriend’s voice reached my ears as I tried to hurry getting ready.
I kept my eyes focused on the mirror in front of me as I finished applying my make up, making sure it looked well “Just a second!”
He had a smirk on his face as I finally got downstairs, managing to put on my shoes while walking towards him.
“You’re such girl, baby. You take so bloody long to get ready.”
I rolled eyes at him with a smile on my face as I checked if I had all I needed in my purse “you do know you shouldn’t be complaining when I’m getting pretty for you Moose.”
He grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and resting his chin on my shoulder, leaving a small kiss on the side of my neck.
“You do know I find you fucking gorgeous even in bloody sweat pants,” he mocked, a smile gracing his lips.
My heart skipped a beat at his words. It amazed me how after so long he still had that effect on me. How a compliment from him still got me to blush like a schoolgirl, how his accent still sent shivers up my spine.
“Don’t be silly Moose,” I mumbled with blushing cheeks, turning around to place a kiss on his lips.
He held me tightly to him, deepening the kiss.
“It’s the bloody truth babe.”

So that night when I blew my seventeen candles with my boyfriend of almost one year holding me close to him, the only thought in my mind was: Thank you for I had my wish, now please make it forever.

Because now the same old blood rush…had a new touch.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAYRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! :D
This story is unique and exclusively for my Raychiepie. I really hope you like it sweetie

Comments pleasee
<333333333333