One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 1

Kimmy’s POV

With the sunlight creeping through the drawn curtains, Monday morning signals the start of yet another school week; the start of yet another week of being a so-called “Social Reject”. I groan slightly, knowing that I now have to leave the confines of my warm bed before starting yet another day.

Reaching the full-length mirror doors of my closet, I glance over the numerous photos than line the sides as high as I can reach from the floor. Each photo contains two people; me and Dani, my best friend. We are next door neighbours and we have been since we are toddlers, knowing anything and everything about each other. Life couldn’t be more perfect for us; other than our annoying brothers.

Lucas is Dani’s older brother. Neither of us know much about him, other than the fact that he is two years above us in school and that he loves us both very much (even if I’m not related). Other than that, the rest is a mystery. We don’t know what group he is with at school, who his friends are or anything. He is more of a mystery to the world than the origin of life.

And then there is Matt; my younger brother. He is always wanting something from one of us. Homework, advice on how to get in our way or just simply to get in our way; he is always there. He may be younger than us both but he sure as hell is taller and he knows how to use it against us. Being tall and sporty, naturally, he is on the school football and rugby teams as well as being the main defender for a local Sunday team, thus making him popular with the girls, all in all making him one of the schools lower year jocks.

Smiling at the memories that the four have us have shared, I pull on this before opening my curtains and smiling at the unusually clear blue sky. Normally it was raining or just incredibly dull outside, something that is very common in England, but today was different. It almost made me feel as if something out of the ordinary would happen…

Before heading out of my room and downstairs, I bent down to pick up my bag which was on the floor beside me and took once last look outside, only now noticing that the car on Dani’s drive was not there, signalling her parents had already left for work, no doubtlessly taking Lucas with them to drop him off at a friends before school, something that had become a regular occurrence since his 17th only a few weeks ago.

Sighing at this, I traipsed out of my room and down the landing towards the oak staircase. Dani and I were spending less and less time with Lucas since his birthday and our famous DLK movie Sundays were becoming non-existent.

Grabbing the toast that my mother always had ready for me, I headed for the front door, shouting my farewell to my parents which they returned just before the door slammed shut behind me.

Running down the steps and on the drive, I took a sharp turn as I decided that cutting across the grass and jumping the fence would be easier than walking the unnecessary route onto the pavement. Hurdling the fence, I landed safely before heading to Dani’s front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOO! First chapter.
Over to Dani for more =P