One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 13

Kimmy’s POV

Walking into the room, Dani in tow, I rolled my eyes inwardly as I caught sight of the substitute teacher sitting at the desk. This could mean one of two things.
1, the test was off and we weren’t doing anything this lesson.
2, the test was still on but the rest of the class will gather into their little friendship circles, just to point and laugh at us.

“You’re late girls,” the sub chirped as the door closed behind us.

We mumbled a “sorry” in reply as we stalked to our seats at the, the class snickering at us.

I groaned as I sat down next to Dani, my eyes catching sight of the papers that the teacher was now holding as he stood next to the desk - second option then.

“You each have forty-five minutes to complete this test,” he smiled as he started to walk around the classroom handing out the papers. “You may start when I have finished handing them out,” he continued as the final few papers were put on the desks.

As the last paper was put down, the room changed. Everyone moved places. Dani and I were the only two people to stay seated.

Laughing lightly, I shook my head and looked down at the paper in front of me, groaning yet again. Forgot to revise; oops.

I looked to Dani as she also groaned, leaning forward and resting her head on the table. Guess she didn’t revise either.

Someone in the room stood up from their place and headed towards us and on looking up to find out who it was, I saw non other than Dan Hetherton.

Nudging Dani, she shot up causing him to smile as she gave me a worried look.

“You girls not doing the test then?” he smirked.

“Nope, neither of us revised,” I smirked back.

“Ooh, rebels now are we?”

“We don’t all need to be in a band to be a rebel,” Dani shot back, sinking down in her seat.

“Fair play to ya,” he laughed.

“So, what? You’re gonna sit there and make it look like you have spent your whole school life with us?” she sighed.

“Actually, I have,” he shrugged.

“Have you?”

“Yep, since our first year of school.”

“Okay, I seriously don’t remember that,” I laughed.

This caused Dan to laugh slightly, “Probably because I started my existence in your lives quite poorly.”

“How?” Dani and I asked in unison.

“You may not remember but I was always the little blonde boy that had to be the best at everything, smiling triumphantly when I was praised or rewarded…"

Skipping into school, hand in hand with Dani, my best-est friend ever, our mum’s chatting behind us as went; the nursery school gates approached with other children our age already playing together, waiting to go inside.

It was a bright summer day and all the girls were dressed in pretty dresses, with little white socks and semi-smart black shoes with all the boys wearing polo shirts and shorts, also with their white socks and semi-smart shoes.

As Dani and I continued to skip around the playground, the little boy who already had dreams of growing up to be a drummer was in the sand box making sure that the other children around him were playing to his rules.

He was always the one that had to be first in line for the next activity; always the one to make people cry; always the one who wanted to be known; always the one that was making a noise or a mess; yet he was always the one to be rewarded by the teachers for his efforts.

As the teachers came out side, all the children rushed to get into the single file lane and waited to be walked inside, the little blonde boy was first in line

Today, as with every other day we had two activities before break and then one after break before our parents came to pick us up.

Painting was first; the blonde boy was praised, despite the huge mess and noise made in the process.
Nursery rhyme singing was next; the blonde boy was able to sing plenty to the children all with prefect pronunciation.
At break; the blonde boy was, once again, making sure that the other children are playing to his rules, the teachers smiling at his organization and leadership.
After break was colouring; the little blonde boy wasn’t good at keeping inside the lines, but was praised for his creativeness with colour.
Last was learning the alphabet; the little blonde boy was able to recite after it only being sung once by the teachers, smiles all round for his efforts.

It seemed that this little blonde boy was the apple of all of our teachers eyes and the day dragged on with Dani and I getting ever increasingly upset with everything that he did.

He was one that the two of us were sure to stay away from.


After Dan’s speech and Dani and I obviously deep in remembrance, the bell rang and Dan was up and out of his seat, grabbing his bag as the other girls in the room shared the same gobsmacked and jealous expression.

“See you girls around,” he waved as he turned to walk away, “and if I find out that the rest of the guys know we had this little conversation; your punishment won’t just be one week,” he smirked.

“It won’t go anywhere Dan,” I smiled as Dani nodded in agreement.

“Good,” he smiled, turning and walking of the room in silence.

“Okay, first Ali talks to me, and now we are remembering that little blonde boy from nursery, what’s gonna happen next?”

“No idea, I just hope that Emily doesn’t find anything out from one of the girls that were in here.”

“Same.”

Sighing, the two of us leave the room, heading towards a class in which we both know that Dan defiantly won’t interrupt us in, Health and Social Care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh, things are changing for the girls.

Dani has more!