One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 17

“Okay, let’s get you two sorted out before Ali gets here,” Lucas smiled as he headed up the stairs and Dani and I took our skates off.

“I can’t believe he invited Ali to the DLK movie night,” Dani sighed.

“Tell me about it. We can probably almost guarantee that he will end up telling them about this weekend and they will bag their way in.”

“They won’t, I’ll make sure of it,” Lucas reassured us as he came down the stairs with a bottle of antiseptic lotion and the cotton wool balls.

Looking from him to Dani, we both had the same look on our face and before we knew it we were both being forced into the living room so that Lucas could clean the cuts.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Much to mine an Dani’s discomfort, Lucas managed to clean all of our cuts eventually and was upstairs putting the stuff away whilst we chose a DVD.

Since Lucas had broken the DLK rule of having no one else around on movie nights, he had that Dani and I could pick a DVD and get it to the right place before Ali arrived so that he wasn’t able complain about what we were watching.

Dani had also managed to persuade him to watch Wild Child with us, much to his annoyance after his many attempts to get out of the cinema when we went to watch it during the summer holidays.

As Lucas came down stairs I headed into the kitchen to get popcorn sorted as Dani got the DVD in place. On hearing Dani shout “got it” I laughed, assuming that she had found the right place and just as the microwave ‘pinged’ signaling the popcorn was done, I headed to the front room as the doorbell rang.

“I got it,” I shouted. I was to walk past the front door on my way to the others and taking a quick glance out the window I saw Ali standing on the top step.

Groaning I held the bowl of popcorn in my left hand as I opened the door with my right.

“Get in, shut the door behind you and don’t say anything to me or Dani and there won’t be any arguments,” I growled at Ali as I walked straight past him.

“Okayyy,” he said doing exactly as I had told him, minus talking to me.

On DLK movie night, Dani and I would always sit on the floor, shoulder to shoulder and in the middle of the sofa leaning against the edge of it as Lucas lay across it on his side; and tonight was going to be no exception.

Dani and I resumed our traditional places on the floor as Lucas smiled and shook his head sitting down with his legs by my side leaving the other end of the sofa, by Dani, open for Ali to sit down.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

By the time the movie had finished, Dani and I had managed to finish off the popcorn, Lucas was looking rather happy and Ali, well Ali had fallen asleep with his right arm hanging over the arm of the sofa, his fingertips nearly reaching the floor.

The three of us exchanged glance and Lucas was up off of the sofa and into the kitchen to boil the kettle as Dani and I laughed under our breath keeping a careful eye on Ali to make sure that he stayed asleep, hoping that he was a heavy sleeper.

Hearing the kettle boil and Lucas pouring it into something, he came through and smirked at us as he sat on the floor by Ali’s feet. Taking Ali’s wrist, he lifted his arm so that he was able to get the water underneath it and slowly put his hand into it.

Ali merely stirred as Lucas stood up and we laughed quietly as we headed out of the room.

Now all we had to do was wait for the magic to happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooh, having some fun with Aliii XD

Dani, how long do we have to wait for the magic to happen??