One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 25

Kimmy’s POV

The rest of the week seemed to pass in a blur. School continued with Emily bitching about me and Dani hanging around with the guys; Lucas had kept to his promise and was waking Dani up every morning and walking with us, then spending the evenings with us as well; and after Alex’s comments towards Emily at the fair, Dani and I still had to tidy the band room but they made a deal that they would leave it as naturally as possible, rather than make a serious mess on purpose.

Lucas had still promised us Monday to make up for the start of this week and he still wouldn’t let slip about today’s surprise.

Yes, today was Saturday. 3 o’clock in the morning… but Saturday none the less.

We are going to the local arena, and that it was to last constantly throughout tonight, finishing probably late afternoon to early evening tomorrow. Those were the only things that Lucas had told us about today and tomorrow. Oh, and the fact that we are to wear blindfolds on our way there - we can only take them off once we are over the arena threshold. Helpful!

Silently creeping around my room and rummaging for an outfit to wear, I finally decided on this. Stuffing my phone and camera into my pockets (hoping it was a snap happy event), I snuck down the stairs - dodging the creaky ones - and out of the front door, closing it gently behind me.

I had told my parents only last night that Lucas had plans for this weekend and that I wasn’t going to be around at all… thankfully they let me go. Normally it would be a struggle to get my parents agreeing to something like this so I was glad for the change.

Jumping the fence into Dani’s garden, she appeared at the door in this looking extremely tired.

“You have too much energy for this hour,” she laughed.

Lucas appeared soon after, closing the door to the house and throwing blindfolds in mine and Dani’s direction causing us both the groan in annoyance.

“Do we seriously have to wear blindfolds?” Dani questioned holding it up infront of her and pulling a face as if it were the plague that she had come face to face with.

“Can’t we just close our eyes or cover them with our hands?” I added.

“No, ‘cause the last time I trusted you two doing that you didn’t cover your eyes properly,” Lucas laughed. “Just put them on and give me your hands.”

Groaning again Dani and I did as we were told. Minutes later the two of us were being led to the arena not knowing whether Lucas was being serious or not.

No conversation was held between us and the silence allowed me to think about what could be in store for us but unfortunately Lucas stopped suddenly.

“Right, Dani I am going to give you Kimmy’s hand and I will take your other one so we can get through the door,” Lucas told us what he was doing as he did it and after feeling his hands leave my wrist, I heard a door opened.

There were a lot of conversations buzzing around inside and after crossing the threshold into the foyer, warmth devoured me.

“God, I didn’t realise how cold it was out there,” I laughed causing Dani to snigger.

“You never feel the cold you Muppet, hence why you have your hoody round your waist not on your body.”

Lucas laughed at this as he stood behind us with his hand on our inner shoulders.

“You can take your blindfolds off now,” he said, I could tell he was smiling.

Removing the material from my eyes, I instantly closed them tight at the bright light. Slowly opening them again, the fist thing I caught sight of was a huge banner reading “BATTLE OF THE BANDS” in red paint.

Squealing, Dani and I started doing out happy dance - containing moves far to random to explain - as Lucas laughed slightly shaking his head.

“You two are nuts!” he stated.

“And you love it,” we laughed engulfing Lucas in a mess of a hug.

“That I do,” he smiled. “Happy?”

“More than,” Dani and I screeched.

“Isn’t that a car insurance thing?” asked a voice from behind us. Turning round, Alex and the others were walking towards us.

“Yeah it is!” Dani laughed “Why are you guys here..?” She questioned before turning back to Lucas, “…I thought this weekend was about the three of us!?”

“It is,” Dan replied.

“Were here as part of the battle,” Teddy laughed.

“Err, why?” Dani spun back round to face the guys again.

“Because they are a band!” I told her in a ‘Duh’ tone.

“Thought you might have known that since you have been clearing the room up all week,” Ali smiled causing Dani to laugh lightly and turn a pale shade of red as she lowered her face from view.

Shoving her in a teasing way, we headed into the main arena to see various drum kits and guitar racks scattered around on stage. There was nobody else around in the main arena so I presumed that most of the people in the foyer were crew or band members from across the district.

“They still need to sort all the instruments so they can get them on in the running order but everything else is sorted out,” Dan told us in a knowing way.

“You girls gonna bag front seats?” Alex laughed.

“Not only are we gonna bag ‘em,” Dani laughed.

“We are gonna sit there from now until this thing starts,” we shouted as we headed towards the front centre, laughing as we went.

“Your gonna be there for a long time,” they all shouted after us causing us to laugh more as we reached the seat and dumped our bags by the rails and slouched in the seats.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dani, did you not realise that bands play at battle of the bands? =P

Okay, so comments from you lovely readers are lacking so Dani will only post an update if we get 4 comments from DIFFERENT people =]

much love xXx