One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 27

Kimmy’s POV
As Dani and I took each others hand and entwining our finger they started to play. The two of us were jumping around with our arms in the air, seriously rocking out.

Every now and then we would look at each one of them specifically and laugh at the faces they pulled at us or pull faces at them. At one point we decided to stick our tongues out at Alex when he caught our eye.

When he did finally catch our eye, we stuck our tongues out at him causing him to laugh slightly. It was nice to see Alex smiling, and doing something he loved. I think he has warmed up to us faster than he expected to, but it was nice to know he would at least be civil towards us now and stick up for us on occasions.

As they finished the song, Alex took to his mike, “Alright,” he screamed, “You guys have been amazing; that was One Wish. Thank you,” he finished, smiling and waving out to the crowd with the rest of the guys saying “Thank you” and “Cheers” into different mikes.

As they headed behind the curtain to back stage, Ed shoved Alex slightly, and you could tell he was saying something; smiling as he did, a smile which Alex returned. I would have to ask him about that later.

“Alright girls, that’s my cue to go and help them backstage, but I promise you girls can come back. Just say who you are to James, over there,” he said pointing to a guy with black hair and jacket with reflective strips on, near the edge of the stage, manning the door behind the scenes. “Just wait until at least half of this lot have left,” he laughed pointing to the general crowd of people in the rows behind us.

“Alright,” Dani laughed and hugged him before I did the same.

“See you in bit girls,” he smiled, picking up a few bits and pieces and headed to James before being allowed through the door.

Sitting down and waiting for the announcer and judges to come back on stage with the results, Dani turned to me a smiled.

“Hopefully the guys will win, I mean they did write their own song, and totally rocked it!”

“Yeah same, they are the only original band here,” I laughed causing Dani to laugh as well at the face I made.

“If they guys weren’t in this, who would you want to win?” she asked, face deadly serious.

“Ermm, probably Just For Kicks,” I smiled, “you?”

“Yeah, same,” she smiled.

“It’s actually amazing that Lucas managed to keep this a secret from us. We never even found out at school and looking around, there are far too many faces I recognise from that hell hole of a school not to have found out!” I laughed.

“Yeah, true,” she giggled as the announcer and judges came onto the stage taking the microphone from the stand.

“Okay, did everyone enjoy themselves?” Screams erupted from all over the arena, Dani and I included.

“Glad to hear it,” he laughed. “Right, four bands entered, four bands performed, four judges… judged!?” Laughter filled the air “… and four bands were placed. Let’s get the bands out here.” More screaming occurred as each band was called out back onto the stage.

“Okay, in fourth place is Three Tricked Teens.” All three members walked up to the judges and shook their hands, as well as the announcers.

“In third is…… Sentence,” the announcer called as the member shook hands with the judges.

“In second place……” there was a long pause. Dani and I took each other hand and held our other hands up with crossed fingers, as did all of the band member left to be placed.

I could feel my heart racing in my chest as I set my focus on the guys, praying that they had won.

“…Just For Kicks!” Dani and I instantly started screaming, jumping up and down in a mess of a hug.

Looking to the guys, their faces were full of relief and happiness as they hugged each other, as were mine and Dani’s.

“They won!” Dani screamed as Just For Kicks shook hands with the judges.

“And that means that Elliot Minor is the winners of this years Battle of the Bands!”

Alex, Ed, Ali, Dan and Teddy all smiled and waved out to the hoard of people who were here before shaking the hands of the judges and taking the trophy, each in turn holding it up to the crowd.

Cheering and clapping, Dani and I smiled up at the guys. We may have only recently got closer to them, but they have been Lucas’ friends for a while and now they were our as well – and weren’t Dani and I proud of them.

After everyone had gone backstage, people started to clear out of the arena and once there were only a few groups scattered around the place, Dani and I made our way to James who was still guarding his door.

“You girls alright there?” he asked, his voice thick with an American accent.

“Yeah, I’m Dani and this is Kimmy, Lucas…” Dani started but was cut of by James.

“Lucas told me about you guys! You’re here for Elliot Minor, right?”

“That we are,” I smiled causing James to rumble a small laugh.

“Alright,” he said taking a glance at the few still left in the arena before opening the door for us.

“Head down the corridor, their dressing room is the third door on your left. The one after the stage door,” he smiled ushering us in before closing the door behind us.

Looking down the corridor there were multiple case all named for the bands. There were microphone stands and guitar racks as well as many racks full of clothes. It was a wide corridor that was brightly painted. Aqua walls, lime green skirting and hot pink doors.

Smiling at me, Dani linked our arms as we headed to the guys dressing room. Hopefully they were decent!
♠ ♠ ♠
Elliot Minor Won!! Woop, no surprises there XD
Anywho... what will we find when we enter their dressing room?
Dani will tell you!!!

Back to you chicka
xXx

There may be delays with updates from Dani due to... commitments, but she and I will try our best to get updates posted as soon as possible!!