One Wish, One Girl

Chapter 5

Kimmy’s POV

“Dani!” Lucas called again from behind us as we continued to walk away from him.

“Girls.”

“Keep walking, Kimmy,” Dani muttered as I turned too look over my shoulder slightly.

“Argh, will you two please stop and let me explain things.”

“7 tonight, Lucas. We already decided that one,” Dani shot back. I knew that Dani wasn’t going to talk to him now, she just wouldn’t.

“Girls, please.”

Finding out that your brother is friends with the most popular guys at school while you are stuck as a social reject; probably not the best thing to find out on a Monday.

“Girls, please let me-” “Leave them, man. They aren’t worth it.” Lucas was cut of by one of the guys who’s comment caused the two of us to stop and turn towards them.

“Bad move, Alex.”

“Yeah, bad move, Alex,” Dani snarled, “We’re not worth anything, huh? We’re no less people then you are. Just because you’re popular and we’re not, doesn’t mean that you have the right to say things like that, especially when I’m his sister and we are both his friends as well as you. It doesn’t make you that special. We are all the same,” she shouted at him, prodding his chest at certain points and getting right in his face; which was rather hard for her as she is a fair bit shorter than he is.

“To be honest with you, I don’t really care. He spends more time with us than he does with you two and he has never mentioned either of you before so he obviously doesn’t care about you that much and-” “Alex, stop it,” Lucas cut him off, shoving him back slightly.

“What, are you gonna help us with this, or are you going to run back to your little sister and her friend?”

“They aren’t that young, Alex. They are in the same fucking year as Dan. He is even in some of their classes for Christ sake,” Lucas shot back, taking Alex by suprise. He obviously did still are about us if he backed us up on that one.

“And before he started hanging out with you guys, he used to spend every single day with us,” I glared at Alex.

“And he obviously does still care about us ‘cause he just stuck it in your face that we are the same age as your little blonde Danny boy,” Dani smirked as we started laughing and walked away from them.

“Cheers, Alex. You really know how to fuck everything up more, don’t you?” Lucas snarled before running after us again.

“Sorry,” Alex shouted sarcastically after him before retreating back to the others.

Lucas kept shouting after us, each time being ignored and after a while he had stopped calling after us and retreated back to Emily and the guys, leaving Dani and I to sit by the wall of the music block and allow ourselves to get our heads around what we had found out and what had just happened.

Not really wanting to focus my mind on the current situation, I let it wander onto other things, such as the homework which I hadn’t done that was due in for next lesson and how I was going to avoid getting myself into yet another detention with Mrs Baxter.

Dani’s voice suddenly brought me out of my thoughts.

“What?” I questioned as I turned slightly to look at her, having not heard her.

“I said, why would he try and hide something like that?” she repeated.

“Maybe because he doesn’t want us to hate him: just because he hangs around with the “popular” group.”

“I wouldn’t think any less of him, and I doubt you would either, he is still my brother and our friend. He can’t be that popular anyway, we would probably have heard more about him if he was.”

“He will always be a friend no matter who he hangs out with, but I guess your right, it’s not like he’s big news around the school, is he?”

“Nope, come on, let’s go do something,” Dani perked up as she stood from her position next to me and started to walk towards the door leading to the corridor full of music rooms, instrument storage cupboards, recording studios and vocal rooms.

“Dani,” I whined, “What the hell are you planning in that dangerous mind of yours?”

This caused Dani to laugh but the only response I got was her arm slung around my shoulder, a sly grin and a “You’ll see” as she peered through the glass of the door leading into a room which only Alex and his “crew” were permitted to enter.

Not much help in my direction at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh, mean old Alex =P
Now more from Dani's direction!!