Sixteen Beautiful Candles

Jane

"Okay...so what do you have to tell me"
"remember how you asked the king about if there was a queen and stuff??"
"Yeah"
"well, there use to be a queen...her name was Jane.....first I have a question, have you ever listened to Breaking Benjamin."
"Yeah, why"
"Did you listen to their song, The Diary of Jane??"
"Yeah, it was my favorite one."
"Well that song was about of beautiful Queen Jane."
"So they...know your vampires??"
"No"
"then how could they write a song about her but not know you all are vampires???" I asked confused.
"She wasn't a vampire, she was human."
"But...huh...how...why...But I thought...” I was so confused. I figured that vampires would attack her and make her a vampire too...wouldn't they???
"You’re confused, aren't you?"
"Totally" I confessed.
"Well, the king found her, she was all alone in a house, where some vampires where hanging out...his house from when he was younger. The girl that was there was the girl that he dated when he was younger...as you saw he's not old...he's only 17, but it doesn’t matter if he is old or not, we still follow him, but back to what I was saying. He dated her. Then one night they were at his house, having a Halloween party. Some vamps showed up and attacked a couple of people. Of course no one knew. They just thought they disappeared. Nothing really big, until people started calling in a lot of missing people. all of his family that lived in the house was missing. And only some of the people that went to the party were still alive. One of those being Jane, his girlfriend. So the house was haunted, supposably. so when he heard noises coming from the house he went inside, he usually only stared at the house...see the thing is only him and his sister were turned into vampires...his sister being the princess... but anyways, the rest of the family was killed. When he got to his room he found her sitting on the floor crying. And not to mention five vampires surrounding her. she was trying to find out what happened to him. see these vampires where at the party, but they were good vampires that were trying to get rid of the bad vampires, like me and the guys, but of course we do still need to drink...so...well we will get to that later. So they were going to help her find him, but they didn’t have a clue who he was and told her they couldn’t find him. She looked up and saw him and screamed. The vampires were about to attack him, until she realized it was him. He brought her back to here, where everyone had followed him to. They killed a lot of the bad vampires that where here. Mostly the high ranking who controlled all of the others. Everyone was scared of what he could do so they followed what he said. Jane lived here till she was twenty three. So she lived here five years. Then one day she disappeared. No one could find her. he had search parties and everything. Then one night he found her in a lake floating around. She was wearing a white dress, some sign carved into her skin, with rose petals floating around her. They brought her back and buried her. The king didn’t understand what all the stuff meant so he went to her room where he found books opened. She was trying to save him from being miserable, because he was miserable being a vampire. so she sacrificed herself because in the book it told her that he would be human again and that one day she would be reborn. Well he never turned into a human as you can tell. But when I went to that party i thought i found who she was reborn. Your sister. She looks like her. It might be her. And now she is a vampire.....but we will know. And if it’s a lost cause....I’m sorry. Truly sorry."
This was so much information to take in.....i didn’t know what to say.
"Are you okay??"
"Yeah...um well. Let’s go see her then...and find out. And it won’t be a lost cause because I will get to live with my sister again." I smiled and grabbed his hand as we left the room.
I was running down the hall, looking around every corner, trying to find my sister. Where could she be?
I wasn’t paying attention to anything that was in front of me, when I ran right smack into her.
“hey watch were your go—“ she stopped talking when she saw me, then started yelling at me to leave, “Go, get out of here, there are vampires everywhere, leave this place before they find you.”
I burst into laughter, that’s when she saw my teeth.
“You’re—you’re a vam-vampire” she stuttered.
“Yeah.”
“Oh no, mom is going to have a heart attack, first you disappear, then someone kidnaps me, and now you’re a vampire, oh my mom is totally going to freak when we get home.”
“Uh, sis, we can’t go home, well at least I can’t.”
“What are you talking about, why can’t you go home?”
I turned around and looked at Pete; he half smiled and looked down at the ground.
“Is it because of him, are you going out with him?” when I didn’t answer her fast enough she added, “you know, he can just come with us.”
“I can’t go home, because of what I am, I am a vampire, I can’t live around humans like that.”
“But, you...you can’t stay here, you have to come home with me,” she argued.
“I’m sorry I can’t, and well, you can’t either.”
“And why is that?”
“One, you know that vampires are real, Two, there is no possible way for you to find your way home, and three, you might be someone important.” I said.
“Me, important, pfft, yeah right, you were always miss important, everyone looked up to you, everyone loved you, everyone wanted to be just like you, but me, no, no one wanted to be like me, no one liked me, no one ever looked up to me, everyone just hated put with me because of you, after you disappeared, everyone left me out of everything, I went home crying to my boyfriend about, and do you want to know what he said…he said that is because I mean nothing to everyone, even to him, the only reason he hung out with me was because of you, because you would never give him the time of day, so he figured that if he hung out with me then you two would get closer, and you know what, he never ever wanted to go out with me but it was the only way,” she said as she burst into sobs.
“Look, I’m sorry, okay, but none of that matters, you belong here, at least that’s what we think, and if you’re not who we think you might be, well you still belong here, because you belong with someone who cares about you, and I do. We both know that mom only cares about herself, so don’t even say she does care about you, because that would be a lie.”
“Fine, whatever, just who is this person that you think I am, I mean common, I have been your sister for like since you were born, why all of a sudden you think I am so big shot person?”
“Just follow me,” I said as I turned to Pete and walked towards him.
Pete, my sister, and I went walking around aimlessly, looking for the king. We finally found him in the dining room , talking to one of the chiefs.
“Sir,” Pete said, interrupting the conversation.
“Uh, yes, Pete?”
“Who does this girl look like to you?” he asked as I pushed her forward.
He looked her over with a shocked look on his face.
“It cannot be, is it?”
“We’re not sure, Sir, we were hoping we would find out if you two talked to each other”
“Oh, well very well, I am—“
“Gerard” she said.
“Ye-yes, uh how did you know that?”
“I don’t know, I feel like I have met you before, you were a love in a past life…..and my name was—“
“Jane.”
“Yes, Jane,” she said as she smiled.
Gerard ran over to her and embraced her into a hug.
“I have missed you so much,” he cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for subscribing to my story..those that did. Please leave comments. :)