It All Started With a Boy

Lost and Confused

Lizzy tucked her cardboard Macy's credential into her coat as she pulled it closer trying ineffectively to block the crisp November air. She love the holidays but today her girls were really pushing her nerves. As she walked towards the nearest coffee shop she grumbled to herself. Her morning had not gone well.

How do you loose and entire cheer squad and in New York no less? That question had been running through her head since the girls pulled the disappearing act after curfew the night before. When they showed up at four in the morning she was fit to be tied; she had yelled and screamed and acted exactly like she promised herself she never would. She had quite literally become a crazy cheer coach.

Cheer coach, at the thought Lizzy huffed in frustration. It was just her first year teaching at the small Christian school in her home town yet somehow she had been roped into being the cheer coach, the basketball coach, the senior sponsor and assistant track coach, and all of this was added stress on top of the American history, World history, and English Literature classes she was originally hired to teach. It was a busy schedule and usually Lizzy didn’t mind but in situations like this she just couldn’t help but be frustrated.

As she made her way down the streets of New York, she continued to debate on whether she should call the school and report them. Should she report them? After all it was a really big honor for her girls to be invited to participate in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and if she reported them then the girls wouldn’t get the chance to perform.

Another thing to think about is that they really were a great group of girls and not once had they really given Lizzy trouble, well last night being the exception.

Should she really take their punishment so far as to report them? After all they technically never left the hotel grounds; they were just outside waiting for some big band that was rumored to supposedly be staying there.

It was just a stupid teenager move, something Lizzie herself had done at their age.

Lizzy sighed to herself; see this was her problem. Identifying with her students; she was twenty one years old for Christ sakes, it was hard not too. After all she herself was just barely and adult and sometimes it was hard to remember that they were her students and not her friends.

Punishing them was always the hardest part for her because usually whatever they did was some of the same boneheaded moves she herself pulled just four years before.

For example when Lizzy’s basketball team decided that it was a brilliant idea to sneak into the boy’s locker room and steal all of their clothes while they were in the showers.

Yeah Lizzy invented that one. In fact she was notorious for it because she had taken it farther by pulling the fire alarm as well so the boys all had to run out side in their towels, The only difference was that she didn’t get caught and they did.

Or what about the time when the cheer squad thought up the brilliant idea of painting the field house pink right before the first home football game. Lizzy had to hand it to them on that one; after all it did take the football coaches two days to figure out that it was washable paint.

So in all honesty could she really punish the girls for being teenagers and having fun?

Spotting a Starbucks in front of her, she quickened her pace. As she headed for the door she was knocked backwards by what felt like a ton of bricks.

Lizzy just sighed as she picked herself up and looked at the crying little boy in front of her. Reaching a hand out to help him up she asked, "Are you okay?"

The little boy just shook his head in response as tears continued to poor down his face.

'Can you tell me what's wrong?" Lizzy asked as she kneeled in front of him.

"I-I'm lost," The little boy said as he continued to cry.

"Well can you tell me your name?"

"F-Frankie...J...my name is Frankie. I-I was with my brother a-and we were supposed to coming here a-and some girls spotted us s-so we had to r-run and now I don't know where he went a-and now I'm l-lost," Frankie cried.

"O-kay, well Frankie my name is Lizzy and why don't we head inside and get you some hot chocolate and while we do that you can use my phone to call your brother."

"Okay."

As Lizzy headed for the counter to order Frankie stayed at a table to call his brother, as she waited she continued to keep an eye on Frankie as he babbled away on her phone.

Lizzie smiled at Frankie as she sat their drinks on the table and sat down. Frankie smiled back as he continued his conversation, "Oh wait here she is; oh and guess what, she's really pretty."

Lizzy just blushed as she took the phone from Frankie, “Hello?"

"Lizzy, is that your name? Listed I can't thank you enough, you... I- well it's just Big rob was with Nick and I just really needed coffee you know and I was supposed to be watching Frankie and so I figured what would it hurt to just step out and grab a cup of coffee and then well those girls showed up and I had to run and then well, Frankie was gone and I panicked and I didn't know what to do and and...Thank you,” He rambled

Lizzy laughed at this mysterious brother, "Look it was no problem, I understand."

The boy laughed, “Thanks, look can you tell me where you are because Frankie never really told me."

"No problem, we're at Starbucks at... Well actually I'm not really sure, if you'll hold on I can find..."

He laughed once more, "Never mind I know exactly where you are. It was stupid of me not to look there before. Just hold tight and I'll be there in a few seconds. By the way my name is Kevin"

"Wait, how will I know it's you?"

Kevin laughed once more, “Oh when you see me, I'm pretty sure you'll know who I am."

As the call ended Lizzy looked at the phone in confusion.

Exactly who does this boy think he is, Elvis?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so what do you think? This idea just would not go away so I ran with it... Do you like it? Hate it? Let me know, comment please!!!!