It All Started With a Boy

Spies Like Us

Sarah and Melissa were in the middle of hacking out the logistics of their plan to get to Frankie when a knock sounded at their door followed by their coach frantically barging through the door.

Lizzy leaded against the closed door and breathed deeply, “Hey Sarah, can I use your laptop real quick?”

Sarah looked at her coach in slight confusion, “Umm sure, it’s on the desk.”

Melissa grinned at Sarah, “What you need it for coach?”

Lizzy fidgeted with her coat for a second, “I just need to look someone, I-I mean something up real quick.”

“Someone?” Melissa asked not able to hold back her knowing smirk.

“Ow,” Sarah elbowed Melissa in the ribs earning her a glare.

Lizzy watched the exchange in mild confusion until it dawned on her. Crossing her arms she looked down at the two teens in front of her, “Alright, spill it; what going on?”

“Well we might just have accidentally seen you exchanging numbers with Kevin Jonas earlier,” Sarah crouched down in her seat awaiting the rant that was sure to come.

She looked up in confusion when it never did only to find her coach smiling goofily almost like a kid in a candy shop, or better yet like Melissa looked the day she found out Joe Jonas broke up with Taylor Swift.

Sarah reached her hand to Lizzy’s forehead, “Are you feeling alright coach?”

Lizzy shook her head as if coming out of a daze and slapped Sarah’s hand away, “Yes, yes I’m fine. I’m not very happy with you two right now but I’m fine.”

“What did we do?” Melissa asked.

Lizzy glared at her, “Does chasing Kevin and Frankie Jonas ring a bell?”

Melissa and Sarah blushed, “Sorry coach, we just kind of got lost in the moment. I mean you’ve seen Kevin; he’s gorgeous,” Melissa said with a shrug.

Lizzy just shook her head, “Still in all, as captain and co-captain of the team you should know better.”

As Lizzy gave her mini lecture Melissa’s leg began to jiggle and she began to bite her tongue; she wanted to ask her coach about Kevin so bad but she knew that the only way she would find anything out was to let her tell them herself.

Midway through the lecture Lizzy’s phone buzzed and as she opened it to read the message she had received a goofy smile spread across her face once more followed closely by a frown quickly proceeded by a look of sheer panic.

“Coach Lizzy, is something wrong?” Sarah asked.

Lizzy ran a hand through her hair, “It’s nothing really; just what does one wear on a date with Kevin Jonas?”

“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Melissa asked.

Lizzy rolled her eyes, “I’m going on a date with Kevin and I have nothing to wear.”

Melissa and Sarah grinned at each other, “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Sarah asked causing Melissa to nod.

“And what would that be?” Lizzy asked?

“Shopping!” Melissa exclaimed as she grabbed her purse and pulled Lizzy towards the door.

XXXXXX

Later that night Frankie watched as Kevin fiddled with his tie. Frankie grinned as Kevin untied it for the fifth time with a sigh. He was nervous, more nervous than Frankie had ever seen him and Frankie knew that was a good thing because while he didn’t know all of the ins and outs of dating he did know his brothers and he knew that when Kevin was this nervous before taking a girl out then it meant that he really liked her and that was exactly what he was hoping for.

As Kevin moved on to fixing his hair he caught sight of Frankie in the mirror, “Tank, shouldn’t you be in mom’s room?”

Frankie shrugged, “She said I could stay in here until you leave.”

Kevin nodded as he continued with his hair.

Frankie pretended to turn his attention to the TV; he knew that if his plan was to work that he had to make it believable. He hated lying to Kevin but in order for this to work it was the only way.

As Kevin grabbed his coat he looked back to Frankie, “Alright buddy, time for you to head down to mom and dad’s room.”

Frankie turned to Kevin and crossed his fingers behind his back; show time.

“But Kevin Sponge Bob just came on and it’s one of my favorite episodes and Moms watching some love story movie that makes her cry a lot; can I just stay in here to finish it? I’ll go strait to their room after I promise,” Frankie crossed his fingers tighter behind his back.

Kevin sighed and looked at his watch, if he didn’t leave soon he was going to be late and after all they had the whole floor to themselves and their parents room was only two doors down so it wasn’t like Frankie could into any trouble, “ Alright but only if you head strait to their room after it’s over okay.”

Frankie smiled as he turned back to the TV, “Okay, have fun on your date.”

Kevin sent his brother a nervous smile as he headed for the door.

XXXX

Lizzy twirled nervously in front of the mirror one last time, she was incredibly nervous. She kept worrying that maybe she was thinking too much into it, what if Kevin was really only taking her to dinner as a way to thank her and he wasn’t attracted to her at all; after all it wasn’t as if she was that pretty , at least not compared to the girls he was used to.

Melissa laughed, “Coach Lizzy quit freaking out, you look hot; when Kevin get one look at you he gonna want to chunk that purity ring right out the window.”

“Melissa Noel,” Sarah exclaimed as she playfully slapped her on the arm.

Melissa shrugged, “What I’m just telling the truth, she looks amazing.”

As Sarah looked Lizzy over from head to toe she was inclined to agree with her outspoken friend; Lizzy looked amazing. Her hair was in soft curls down her back and the dress she was wearing was amazing; it had taken forever to find but it was perfect.

It was strapless with a sweetheart neck line, it was also ruched causing it to cling to her curves perfectly and fell about mid thigh showing off her rather long legs. The last and most important was the color; it was a dark teal which really just seemed to make Lizzy’s eyes shine.

As a knock sounded at the door Lizzy’s pulse started to race, “That’s him,” She squeaked.

Sarah laughed as she handed Lizzy her purse, “Relax, you look great; have fun.”

Lizzy took a deep breath as she opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Kevin holding a single white rose.

XXXXX

Frankie peaked his head around the rather large plant he was hiding behind and smiled to himself at the seen before him; Lizzy was blushing and Kevin was smiling, it had been that way all night and Frankie couldn’t have been happier about it.

His plan had worked perfectly; soon after Kevin left their room he had snuck down the stairs and camped out in the restaurant. Getting in was easy, all he had to say was Jonas and he was in.

As far as the lie he told; it was a perfect cover really, Kevin thought he was with their parents and their parents thought he was with Kevin. Neither would check with the other until much later, giving him plenty of time to sneak back to Kevin’s room and pretend to have fallen asleep.

It wasn’t as if he didn’t feel guilty for telling the lie, he did but it was necessary because Frankie knew his brothers well and he knew that sometimes Kevin needed an extra push, well Frankie was going to be darn sure he would be there to give Kevin the extra oomph he needed in regards to Lizzy.

Because when it came to Lizzy, Frankie could see; he could see that she was perfect for Kevin. Now all he had to do was get Kevin to see it too.

XXXXX

Melissa and Sarah ducked down low as they crawled for cover trying to keep out of Lizzy and Kevin’s line of sight.

“I still can’t believe you tipped that guy a hundred dollars,” Sarah whispered harshly.

Melissa rolled her eyes, “What, it got us in didn’t it? And it’s not like I didn’t try flirting first, it’s not my fault he was batting for the other team, besides if this works and coach Lizzy ends up with Kevin then it will be well worth it.”

Sarah sighed as she looked back at Melissa, “I gues… ow,” Sarah whispered loudly as she collided with something hard.

Sarah rubbed the side of her head as she looked down at what or rather who she ran into, imagine her surprise to find none other than Frankie Jonas lying on the ground rubbing his forehead.

“Oh my gosh, Frankie Jonas.. Are you okay?” She asked as she helped him up.

“Shhh, you’re gonna get me caught!” Frankie whispered as checked to make sure his cover wasn’t blown.

Melissa smirked, “Exactly what are you doing?”

Frankie blushed a little as he took in the two girls in front of him, “I’m spying on my brother and I remember you from this morning; you’re Lizzy’s girls so I’m gonna bet you’re doing the same thing too.”

Melissa giggled and held up her hand, “Bonus, you’re awesome; high five.”

Frankie just rolled his eyes as he peaked out once more, “Hey where did they go? Oh great you made me…”

Frankie froze and the sound of someone clearing their throat.

“Looking for us?”

All three turned their heads to be met with two very unhappy people.

Melissa groaned inwardly, Lizzy was in her pissed off posed meaning she had her hips cocked to one side with her weight resting on her right foot while her left foot tapped impatiently; her arms were crossed and the glare she was giving just screamed explain yourself.

Melissa also couldn’t help but notice that Kevin was standing extremely close to Lizzy with his hand resting on the small of her back, the glare he was currently giving Frankie looked none to nice either.

As Lizzy’s shoe began to make a steady tap, tap, tap sound on the tiled floor she sighed, “You have until the count of three to explain yourselves, and before you start you better think because you’re going to need a rather big excuse to explain yourselves out of this one.”
♠ ♠ ♠
haha Sarah, Melissa and Frankie are in trouble.. or are they?? Do you think they can talk themselves out of it? .... so what did you think??? Let me know please, I thrive off reviews and I could really use some cheering up lately!! Oh and if anyone is interested in seeing what the dress looks like just let me know

As alaways reviews are very much appreciated!!!!!

So as some of you know but most of you don't I will be taking some time off from school... sort of.. so once the holidays are over I should have more time to update...

Thanks for reading and reviewing!!!

Here's what the dress Lizzy is wearing looks like

http://www.polyvore.com/lizzys_date_outfit/set?id=5456683