It All Started With a Boy

Oh Joe

Frankie was supposed to be asleep so when Joe returned from dinner he was quite surprised to find him with his ear pressed against the door of their parent’s suite.

“Frankie what in the world are you doing?” He asked coming to a stop in the dining area that connected his room theirs.

Frankie turned around and glared at his older brother, “Shhh, you’re going to get us caught.”

As Frankie turned back and pressed his ear to the door once more Joe shrugged and joined him.

“But mom this thing with Lizzy has nothing to do with Danielle.” Joe heard Kevin’s muffled voice state.

“Kevin what if that hadn’t been me at the elevator, what if it had been a fan? Or better yet a fan with a camera. That innocent kiss could have ended up on every gossip column known to man and what would that have done to that girl?”

“Her name is Lizzy,” Kevin cut in.

“Okay, well then what happens after Friday? You’re going back on tour and she’s going back home to her job. Then what Kevin, teaching is a very demanding job; she can’t just fly out to see you like Danielle used to. ”

Kevin sighed, “We’re just friend’s mom; it’s not like that.”

“You kissed her! You don’t kiss your friends.”

“So what I kissed her and maybe I do like her but…”

She sighed, “Look Kevin, you’re an adult and I realize that I can’t tell you what to do but as your mother I am asking to stop and think about this,” she paused.

“You just had your heart broken by someone who you thought you were going to marry; I just don’t want you getting hurt again.”

Hearing someone walking towards the door Joe jumped up and pulled Frankie toward his room.

He quickly pushed it closed and leaned against it, “Alright Frankie, spill.”

Frankie stared up at his brother in anger. It was just like Joe to accidentally screw things up; now what was he supposed to do. Maybe he should call the girls; they would know what to do.

Frankie sighed, “Look Joe I’ll tell you in a minute but first can I use your phone?”

Joe looked down at his little brother in shock, “For what?”

Frankie crossed his arms, “Can I use your phone or not Joe.”

Joe mimicked his stance, “Not until you tell me what’s going on.”

“Whatever I don’t needed it anyways,” He huffed as he headed for the door.

“Just where do you think you’re going?” Joe asked following him into the hall way.

Frankie pushed the down on the elevator and rolled his eyes, “You’re not dad Joe.”

Joe scoffed, “No I’m not, but you’re eight years old and there is no way I’m letting you roam around a hotel by yourself.”

Frankie stepped into the elevator and smirked, “Fine then come with me if you want.”

Joe nodded and joined his little brother in the elevator, “I still don’t see why you won’t just tell me what’s going on.”

Frankie laughed; if Joe insisted on being so annoying then he was about to get what he deserved.

Stepping off the elevator Frankie made his way to Sara and Melissa’s room grinning at the thought of Melissa going fangirl on Joe. Stopping in front of their door he glanced back at Joe and knocked.

Just as he had hopped Melissa was the one to answer the door; what he didn’t expect was the green face mask on her face or the mouth full of diet coke she spit all over him.

Frankie frowned up at her. That was not what he pictured happening. He thought for sure that she would jump at Joe and scream the second she saw him; instead she stood there with her mouth hanging open staring at Joe.

“Melissa?” Frankie asked.

Melissa continued to stare bringing her hand to her face, “Y-you, m-me…oh my God,” she shrieked before making a run towards their bathroom.

Sarah laughed as her friend and caught the door before it slammed, “Hey Frankie…and Joe? What’s going on?”

Joe crossed his arms, “That’s what I want to know.”
Frankie rolled his eyes, “He caught me eavesdropping.”

Sarah blushed and motioned them in, “Oh okay, well come on in; the last thing we need is a repeat of this morning.”

“This morning?” Joe parroted as he followed Frankie into the room.

Sarah looked at Frankie in confusion as she motioned for Joe to take the desk chair, “you haven’t told him anything?”

Frankie shrugged, “I didn’t know if you wanted me to.”

Sarah shrugged and plopped on the bed, “Might as well; maybe he can help.”

“I would really like to know what’s going on,” Joe added crossing his arms.

Sarah sighed as she stood up, “Alright let me get Melissa out of the bathroom so she can help me explain everything.”

“I’m not coming out!” Melissa yelled from behind the closed door.

Sarah rolled her eyes, “Melissa get your butt out here; you’re a part of this plan too.”

“Just let me die of embarrassment in peace please.”

Joe chuckled as he joined Sarah at the door, “Melissa there’s no reason to be embarrassed,” She replied with a shake of her head.

“You’re just saying that so I’ll stop crying,” Melissa huffed.

“You’re crying?” Sarah asked in wonder.

“I just met my celebrity crush while looking like a big green booger; what do you think?” She sniffed.

Joe laughed, “You didn’t look like a booger; you looked perfectly fine. Now will you please come out; for me?”

“Joe?”

“Yes it’s me; now can you please come out so I can properly introduce myself?”

Melissa gasped, “Okay just a second.”

Sarah laughed and turned to Joe as she heard the sink turn on, “by the way I’m Sarah,” She said sticking out her hand.
Joe took her hand and smiled, “Hi Sarah it’s nice to meet you; thanks for…”

He winced, “Damn I did it again; sorry, that tends to become habit.”

Sarah laughed, “You were so about to thank me for coming out weren’t you?”

Joe blushed, “Maybe.”

Frankie watched his brother’s interaction with Sarah and Melissa, after she finally came out of the bathroom, and rolled his eyes. Joe was flirting and if he didn’t interrupt they would be there for quite a while.

“Hey guys can we get this over with? I would like to be back in the room before mom notices that I’m not in bed.”

Joe nodded, “He’s right; we do need to head back soon so can you guys please explain to me what in the world is going on?”

Sarah nodded, “Well you see it’s like this…”

XXX

Joe hugged the girls once more as they walked in to the hall, “So tomorrow right?”

“Tomorrow is perfect,” Sarah agreed as she stepped back from their hug.

Joe nodded as Frankie hugged them both, “Well it was nice to meet you two; see you tomorrow.”

“See you tomorrow,” They called as Joe and Frankie started towards the elevator.

Frankie sighed as they waited for the elevator, “look Joe I’m sorry for being such…”

“A brat?” Joe asked.

Frankie shrugged, “Well yeah. It’s just that I really like Lizzy and I think that her and Kevin could be good together.”

Joe shrugged, “I don’t get why you wouldn’t just tell me. You weren’t the only one to notice how sad Kevin’s been since Danielle and if this girl makes him happy again then who am I to stop it.”

Frankie looked up at his brother and smiled, “So you’re really going to help?”

Joe opened his mouth to respond but paused at the sound of laughter, “Was that Kevin?” He asked.
Frankie shrugged as he followed Joe in peaking around the corner, “Oh look, that’s Lizzy.”

Joe smiled as he watched his brother hug the pretty brunette, “Look’s like we might not need to help much after all.”

Frankie giggled as they ducked out of view; maybe his plan would work after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave some love...

If you're interested, don't forget to check out my new story Pieces of the Heart!!