Homecoming

Shot Two

"'Moody says Crouch is obsessed with catching Dark wizards, ' Harry told Sirius. 'Yeah, I've heard it's becoming a bit of a mania with him, ' said Sirius nodding." Billie Joe Armstrong yawned deeply, followed by a hacking cough that made his youngest son to quickly lean up off his chest and wait for his dad's coughing fit to end.

"You okay?" Jakob Armstrong asked in a raspy voice.

"Yeah." Billie Joe said around a smaller cough as he cleared his throat and leaned back up against the pillows of his bed. He looked over to his right to find that his oldest son, Joey, had managed to sleep throughout his coughing fit as the television played softly in the corner.

Jakob sneezed and laid back down on Billie Joe's chest, sniffling as he went.

Billie Joe leaned his head against the headboard and tried to catch his breath from his raging coughs. He and his two sons were all down with a terrible bout of a cold. They were all holed up in Billie Joe and Adrienne's bed with numerous indoor activities to keep them occupied, such as books, cartoons and video games, along with being intoxicated by over the counter medicines.

Billie Joe sniffed and gave a small cough to loosen the mucus of his throat. "Uhhh," He searched for his place in the book.

"There." Jakob said pointing to a particular paragraph. Jakob was almost without a voice so his word sounded more like a faint squeak than actual syllables.

"Oh." With his arm around his youngest, Billie Joe continued to read. "'If you ask me, he still thinks he can bring back the old popularity by catching one more Death Eater. ' 'And he sneaked up here to search Snape's office ' said Ron triumphantly, looking at Hermione, who he had the hots for."

Jakob giggled. "Dad, it doesn't say that."

"No, but that's what he meant. I've read the books and watched the movies too. I know Ron's got a thing for ole' Hermione. Shit." Billie Joe muttered as he began to couch again. The coughs were deep and made his chest hurt with the constant blasts.

"Here." Jakob handed Billie Joe a glass of water that had been on the side table next to the bed just for that occasion.

Billie Joe took the glass and drank. The cool water cleared his throat a bit and allowed him to take a breath. "Thanks."

A door was lightly kicked opened as Billie Joe and Jakob returned to their book reading stance. Adrienne, the wife and mother of the ill, came through the door, holding a tray with soups and sandwiches from the kitchen.

"Okay," She said around the doctor's mask she wore around her mouth, "time for some lunch and a checkup." She gently put the tray down on the trunk at the end of the bed and pulled a thermometer out of her pocket. "Open up." She told Jakob.

Jakob obeyed and took the thermometer as Adrienne felt his cheeks and forehead with the back of her hands. "100. 8, same as this morning." She said as she waved the tiny medical wand to prepare it for the next patient. She sat on the bed and turned her body towards her husband. "Okay Billie, your turn."

Billie Joe reluctantly opened his mouth and waited for the stick to beep. As Adrienne manually checked his temperature, Billie Joe gave a small chuckle around the thermometer at her white face mask.

"What?" Adrienne asked. The signs of a smile were visible, even with the mask.

Billie Joe simply shrugged as shook his head and grinned slightly as the thermometer beeped and Adrienne slipped it past his lips.

"101. 5." She shook her head as she leaned over Billie Joe and gently shook Joey awake.

"He's been asleep all morning pretty much." Billie Joe told her as Joey began to move with movements of awakening.

"Wha?" He mumbled groggily as he wiped the crust off his eyes. "Awww." Joey reluctantly opened his mouth for the thermometer his mother offered.

"You don't feel hot anymore." Adrienne muttered as her cool hands were pressed against her son's cheeks. She checked the thermometer, which signaled for removal. "98. 8... You've broken your fever. Why don't you get up and go get in your bed or go downstairs. And, you're going to school tomorrow."

"Aww, Mom!" Joey protested as he padded around the bed.

Adrienne shook her head and put the thermometer back in it's case. "You're going. There is nothing wrong with you anymore."

"Ha, ha!" Jakob laughed as he pointed a finger at his brother, who would have to go to school while he, Jakob, got to stay home another day.

"Shut up." Joey shot back and then gave a sarcastic laugh when Jakob began to cough deeply.

"Hey," Billie Joe warned to headway the possible sibling blow out. He rubbed Jakob's back to help sooth the small child as his cough began to relax. "Feel lucky," He told Joey, "You get to get out."

Billie Joe sighed and gave a small sneeze as Joey left the room. "I hate being sick." He whined as Adrienne felt his cheeks again.

"I know, and I hate it when you're sick because you are such a baby and you whine."

"I do not."

"You do."

"Uh, uh."

"Uh, huh."

"Adie, I do not whine nor do I act like a baby."

Adrienne cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, really? We'll see about that. It's time for you to take another dose of medicine."

Billie Joe's eyes darted around a bit. "Uh, uh." He protested weakly. His mouth twisted into a grimace as Adrienne held out the cup of strong, red liquid medicine.

"Why don't they have pills of this?" Billie Joe asked anyone who could answer as the medicine was held out under his nose.

"Because that would make it easy." Adrienne told him patiently. "Come on. Honestly Billie Joe, it's not that bad."

A small whine escaped his throat as he opened his mouth and his wife thrust the red liquid down his throat. Billie Joe swallowed thickly and shuddered as the medicine slid down his throat. "Ugh! Bleh."

Jakob laughed in his faint voice. "Mom's right. You do act like a baby."