Hard to believe that you are Mine.

Back Home

[Ashley’s POV]
"Ashley, for the last time. Why won’t you get along with the other girls nicely?" the woman reasoned with me, I hate her!

"Well, lets see they cut up most of my clothes and blamed it on me, they died my hair dark blue which I’m not that mad about, oh and they’ve taken my bear!" I shouted at her, I knew she wasn’t paying the slightest bit of attention to what I was saying.
Bitch.

"I’m sorry? Your bear?" she repeated with a slight smirk on her face, I was ready to hit her.
"Yes my bear. It was my mothers and I can’t lose it" I said as she sat behind her desk of 'power'.
"I’ll talk to the girls and see if they have seen it." she said but I cut her off,
"If they’ve seen it?! They have the damn bear, I know they do." I couldn’t take this rubbish anymore so I left the room and the building and walked towards the local park.

Since I’ve left the guys everything’s gone down hill.
I feel lonely and useless, everyone thinks I’m a problem child. I miss them so much.
None of the social workers take me seriously, and the girls that live there are mega plastics, they think I’m 'disgusting' because I listen to better music then them and know how to dress properly.

I sighed to myself as I slumped on the nearest swing and began to rock back and forth. I must’ve been there a couple of hours because one of the workers came and found me.

"Ashley, you have to come back immediately. You have a visitor, and he says its important." she said, I jumped out of my seat and followed her towards the dreaded building.
We reached the doors and she pushed it open for me, I saw a man sitting in the waiting area with his back to me.

"She’s here now Mr. Haner. You can see her." the woman behind the desk said as he turned round and saw me.
Brian!
"Holy crap. What are you doing here!?" I beamed as I ran up to him and hugged him tightly.
"I have news." Brian smiled as he let me go and we sat down, it must be good news because he was smiling uncontrollably.

"Spit it out Brian. I’d say I haven’t got all day, but in a place like this you kinda do." I said as he looked down at the piece of paper in his hands.

"We got the results back today." Brian said, his smile fading. He looked nervous.
"Oh, is it good?" I replied, I really didn’t know what to say to something like this, he unscrambled the paper and looked at it, then he gave it to me.

[Brian’s POV]
I sat in the waiting area, they told me she'd run off somewhere but she'd be back soon.
I heard the door swing open but I ignored it, "She’s here now Mr. Haner. You can see her." the woman told me as I turned to see Ashley walking through the door.

She looked beautiful. I cant believe she’s my daughter, my little girl.
Why has she got blue hair?
"Holy crap. What are you doing here!?" she beamed as she ran over and hugged me, this is so surreal.

"I have news." I replied as we sat down, I couldnt stop smiling.
"Spit it out Brian. I’d say I haven’t got all day, but in a place like this you kind of do." she said as I looked down at the paper, "We got the results back today."

I began to get nervous, what if she didn’t want me as her dad?
"Oh, is it good?" she asked as I unscrambled the paper and handed it to her, she looked at the paper and froze when she got to the bottom.

"Whoa, um. Whoa." she mumbled as she crumpled the paper up.

[Ashley’s POV]
I scanned at the paper, not really knowing what I was looking for. I reached the bottom and saw Brian’s name.

"Whoa, um. Whoa." was all I could get myself to say.
Brian was, my dad!?
Holy Shit.

"So what do you think?" he muttered, bringing me out of my thoughts.
"Um, I don’t know. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before." I replied as I got up and began pacing the floor.
"I have a dad. I have a dad? I have a dad." I kept saying to myself as I continued pacing the floor underneath me.

"Are you alright dear, do you want a drink?" a woman asked as I realised what was happening.
"You are my dad. Holy shit!” I began laughing, I think it finally sank it.
I sat on the chair next to my 'dad' and took a deep breath, everyone was staring at me but I didnt care. I had family.

"Are you okay with this, because we can sign the papers and take you home legally as my daughter?" he asked, a little scared of my reaction.
"I would like that very much, dad." I smiled as I hugged my new father.

[Brian’s POV]
I went over the papers with Ashley’s social worker as she waited in the car, I was so relieved when she said it would be okay.
Her reaction was a little messed up but what can I say, it’s what I would do so I guess in runs in the genes.

"Congratulations Mr. Haner, she’s all yours." the woman smiled as she handed me a weird certificate.
I walked out of the building and opened the car door.

"How did you come to have this? I thought those, I must’ve left it when I was packing." Ashley asked but trailed off to talking to herself.
"Got your stuff?" I asked her, she turned round and looked at her case in the back seat.
"Yeah, lets go." she replied as I started the engine and headed home.
♠ ♠ ♠
didnt really know how to capture Ashleys reaction on this.. hope it was okay