Chicago Is So Two Years Ago, Its All About Vegas Baby

Remember To Let Her Into Your Heart

The warm breeze floated through our LA home. As I sat on the balcony watching the sun set, I felt at ease. The trials and tribulations of the two years past were truly over and my life was better because of it. Pete and I were more in love than ever and were engaged to be married.

Our lives were back to normality, well as normal as they could be. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful 10 month old baby daughter. Every day I wondered what I’d done to be this lucky, to have a loving fiancé, a gorgeous baby and a great circle of friends.

I heard the faint crying coming from the small plastic box which I’d placed on the table to alert me to any baby-related emergencies.

Rising from my comfortable spot, I rushed to the cream painted nursery, only to realise I’d been beaten to the punch. I watched Pete interact with our little girl, he was a natural. I was amazed at how easily he slipped into the parental role.

‘Upsy daisy, Layla,’ he smiled as he lifted our daughter back into her crib.

Quietly, I walked over to them, trying not to interfere with their moment. As he laid her back down, I placed a hand on his shoulder. With bright eyes, he looked up at me and smiled before returning his attention to the crib. We both looked at her adoringly. Casting my sights over her tiny feet, her little body, her 10 small fingers and her tuft of dark brown hair, I felt immensely proud.

Pete stood up and took my hand and led me back into the living area. He sat down on our brown suede couch as I went into the kitchen to grab myself a glass of juice.

Until that moment I hadn’t realised that the radio was on, softly injecting us with music. One song began playing and as I busied myself, I began dancing. Swinging my hips from side to side, I enjoyed the music from the 50s.

The song ended and the DJs voice sounded ‘This one’s called Love Walked In.’

I stood still, my muscles becoming static. This was mine and Pete’s song, as I stopped; I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. We swayed in time with the beat, and Ella Fitzgerald’s silky voice serenaded us.

‘Love walked right in, and drove the shadows away
Love walked right in, and brought my sunniest day
One magic moment, and my heart seemed to know - that love said hello
Though not a word was spoken

One look, and I'd forgot the gloom of the past
One look, and I had found my future at last
One look, and I had found a world completely new
When love walked in with you’

The last note faded into the night air, Pete and I looked deep into each other’s eyes. Searching his chocolate orbs, I saw comfort, safety, and most of all love.

The moment didn’t last very long though, the doorbell cheery chime interrupted.

‘Brendon! Jade! Come in,’ I grinned at the couple.

I greeted them with hugs and kisses on the cheeks as Pete joined us.

‘Where’s my goddaughter?’ he asked excitedly, clapping his hands together.

‘We just put her down,’ his face fell slightly. ‘But, I do have something good to tell you.’ I said
leading the pair into the living room. ‘She said “Bren” yesterday for the first time!’

‘You’ve got to be kidding me!?’ he asked, a grin spreading across his face.

‘Nope, she said it!’ Pete backed me up. ‘And then she wouldn’t stop saying it!’ The group shared a chuckle.

The night passed all too quickly, Jade and Brendon made their way home at about 1 in the morning. They were a truly adorable couple, they were still in the early stages of their relationship, but I could tell it was the real deal. And from what Brendon had told me, he thought she was ‘the one’ and I thoroughly believed his theory.

Pete and I cleared away the dishes before getting ready for bed.

I lay on my side as Pete got changed and got into bed. I felt a kiss on my shoulder and smiled – that was Pete’s thing, each night when we were in bed he kissed my shoulder. He told me it was because he ‘always had my back’. The memory made me smile.

Pete rested his hand on my stomach, and gently rubbed it. It was though he had a magical force, because any time he so much a placed a finger on my stomach, the baby kicked. And that time was no different.

‘He’s going to be a soccer star,’ he smiled.

‘How do you know it’s going to be a he?’ I questioned him.

‘I just know,’ he whispered.

‘I love you so much,’ I said back to him.

‘I know you do, but not nearly as much as I love you.’

‘Petey, I don’t think it’s possible.’ I grinned back at him. He laced his fingers with my own, and we both fell asleep. I was in the place I knew I belonged - Pete’s loving embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END.

I hope you like it! This was a really fun story to write, and I'm kinda sad to see it end. But, if you want you could read my other stories that I on the go. (Prepare for shameless whoring of stories)

Losing The Feeling Of Feeling Unique. A Jon Walker co-write between me and Emma (violet-stars)

A Second Chance At A First Impression. A Brendon Urie story which I have just started.

You're A Classic Like A Little Black Dress. A Patrick Stump story.

I'd appreciate it if you could take five minutes and check them out! Now there's some people I'd like to thank...

violet-stars - Emm, you are possibly the best reader ever! Your comments and proof-reading help has been awesome. Thanks!

heartbreakisforefer - Ine, another awesome one! Great commenting, thanks hon.

punkbitch. - Paige, thanks for commenting!

And to anyone else who has commented (o anything I've written. not just this) thank you so much for your support!

xx
Lola