Chicago Is So Two Years Ago, Its All About Vegas Baby

'I Kissed A Boy And I Liked It'

I never realised just how childish men can be. I gave the two bands the opportunity to choose who had the headlining spot on the first night of the tour. They argued for almost two hours! Well it was mainly Pete and Brendon, but still, I thought it was take 15 minutes tops. I got tired of their immaturity after a while, so I took matters into my own hands and told them to flip a coin.

‘Panic are heads and Fall Out Boy are tails.’ I specified as I held the coin in my hand. The two bands which surrounded me all nodded their heads.

I took a step back, and put the coin on my thumb. I flipped it and took another step back. The metallic chime rung throughout the air as the lone coin hit the floor. The 8 guys all rushed and crowded around the coin, pushing me out of the way.

I hadn’t a clue who had won until I heard Brendon’s childish voice shriek ‘WE WON! WE WON!’ Then, being the ever mature person that he is, he proceeded to skip around the room sticking his tongue out at the members of the other band. I shook my head while chuckling to myself at his antics.

‘Right, that means Panic; you have to go to sound check. Now.’ I ordered the four young men.

As soon as the words left my mouth the four of them left in the direction of the venue. Within time, the members of Fall Out Boy dispersed also, going to their separate buses, leaving Pete and I alone.

‘I love it when you’re demanding,’ he growled in my ear as I was about to make a cup of coffee. He slipped his arms around my waist from behind and turned me around. He pulled my face down to his and kissed me passionately. And yes, he did pull my face down, I was about two inches taller than him, at first I thought it might be a problem, but apparently he said it was a turn-on!

We stood in the kitchenette for around 3 minutes before Pete led me back to his bunk. I know a bunk on a tour bus, how classy.

I woke up, forgetting where I was, I quickly sat up before sinking back down after I hit my head on the roof of said bunk.

I mumbled a string of profanities as laid looking around. Pete was gone (I guessed he had sound check), but I heard footsteps. I quickly stuck my head out of the bunk to check who it was, but I managed to roll out and land on the floor with a loud thud. The footsteps quickened and as I lay on the floor, I saw a pair of bright yellow socks in front of me. I craned my neck up and saw Brendon looking down at me with a stupid grin on his face.

A gust of wind blew through the bus causing the sheet I was tangled to blow up, revealing my breasts. I yelped as Brendon just stared at me.

‘Whoa,’ he said as his mouth fell open. I quickly covered myself up, my cheeks turning a deep red in the process.

‘Um, a little privacy please.’ I said quietly, as his eyes trailed up and down my barely covered body.

‘Oh yeah sorry,’ he uttered slowly as me walked back through to the lounge. I grabbed some clothes and headed for the small bathroom.

Around 20 minutes later I walked into the lounge to see Brendon sitting there, watching some reality TV show.

‘Pete still at sound check?’ I asked mindlessly.

‘Yep.’ He answered, his disinterest matching my own. ‘Wanna do something?’ he asked excitedly, bouncing up and down on his chair like a child.

‘Um…’ I said contemplating.

‘I’ll take you for ice cream!’ he shrieked like he’d had an epiphany.

‘Which ice cream shop will you take me to though?’ I questioned.

‘Haagen Dazs?’ he suggested hopefully.

‘Oooooh, wrong answer,’ I teased him.

‘Ben and Jerry’s?’ he asked.

‘Ummm…well…’ my indecision caused him to look at me.

‘Only joking Bren, you had me at ice cream!’ I said laughing, ruffling his already messy hair.

We walked down the road towards the nearest ice cream shop – which happened to be a Ben and Jerry’s – talking quietly about random things.

When we got into the shop, Brendon went over to the counter to get our ice creams. I sat in a small booth, I thought bout things. As I did so, I realised how much this seemed like a date. I hope Brendon didn’t get the wrong idea. I was with Pete and I loved him.

Shortly Brendon returned with my cookie dough ice cream, we ate them in silence. As I ate the ice cream, I realised I forgot how much I loved it!

After we finished our ice creams, we decided to head back to the buses, seeing as it was almost 7 – about time for Fall Out Boy to take to the stage. Before each show the band and I always high fived, it was a ritual I couldn’t miss.

En route back to the buses, Brendon stopped walking and turned to look at me.

‘Harriet,’ he stopped for a second, his face twisted into a look of deep thought, ‘oh fuck it.’

He said quietly before taking my face into his hands and kissing me deeply.

I pulled away hastily.

‘Brendon! What the fuck do you think you’re doing?!’ I near enough screamed at him.

‘Harriet, I’m so-’ he began. But I didn’t get a chance to hear the end of his plea as I left him and walked away.

Power walking down the road I thought about what happened and what could happen. What would happen if Pete found out, what would happen if Brendon became bitter and most of all, why did I like it?
♠ ♠ ♠
ooh draaama!

Merry Christmas!

xx

Lola