Chicago Is So Two Years Ago, Its All About Vegas Baby

Can't Let This Thing Called Love Get Away From You

I boarded the bus, tears stinging my eyes threatening to fall. I was so angry with Brendon for kissing me, yet I was even angrier at myself for liking it.

As I sat down in my bunk, overwhelming guilt engulfed me and I slipped into an uneasy, restless sleep.

A week later and I was still refusing to talk to Brendon. He’d tried countless times to talk to me and apologise, but I told him that it didn’t matter, that I was fine. Although I wasn’t on speaking terms with Brendon, Pete and the others hadn’t noticed (and if they had they were doing a good job of hiding it).

On the eighth show of the tour, Fall Out Boy had the headlining spot and I watched by the side of the stage as they went through their set like a well oiled machine. It was slick and from the ear piercing screams I could tell the whole crowd loved it.

I cast my eyes over the crowd as the band played one of my favourite songs from Folie A Deux, Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet.

‘Harriett,’ a voice said from behind me spoke softly; I instantly recognised it as Brendon’s, ‘I’m only going to apologise this once, then I’ll be out of your hair. I really feel bad about kissing you, I know I shouldn’t have. I can promise you it’ll never happen again. I know you’re happy with Pete and I wouldn’t want to ruin that. But I am really sorry, can you forgive me?’

I turned around and looked into his big brown eyes, which were filled totally with remorse, and I said ‘Of course I can Bren. Don’t worry yourself too much about it; I’m not going to tell anybody. But you have to know I love Pete and I love him a hell of a lot.’ I said as I brought him into hug.

‘Okay, friends?’ he asked hopefully.

‘Friends.’ I confirmed.

Later that night, I sat in the front lounge of our bus arranging everyone’s schedules for the following day. It was, unfortunately for the two bands, mostly promo and interviews – which I knew they weren’t too fond of.

Around an hour later, I was completely satisfied with the two schedules and I closed my laptop and put it on the table as Pete entered the lounge.

‘Hey Harry,’ he said as he sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, ‘are you okay? For the past week you’ve been a little bit distant.’ He said carefully.

‘Yeah, I’m fine, just a little bit worn out from all the extra work I have going on.’ I said, partially telling the truth.

‘As long as that’s it, I don’t want my baby getting too worked out.’ He said sweetly as he kissed my forehead.

‘You know we’re here until tomorrow afternoon?’ I said referring to the venue we were stopped at.

‘Really?’ he said surprised.

‘Yep, why don’t we get all the guys together and do something?’ I suggested.

‘That’d be great!’ he said getting excited and bouncing up and down slightly. ‘I’ll get Trick and Andy, can you go and get Panic?’

‘Of course,’ I said, getting my pair of Vans and sliding them on before going to the Jon, Ryan and Spencer’s bus.

After the short walk across the parking lot, I reached what was essentially Panic’s bus. I raised my hand up, ready to knock on the door, when Spencer opened it.

‘Hey Spencer, Pete and I were just wondering if you guys wanted to do something tonight?’

He stood there for a second, looking kinda confused before he shouted something back into the bus. All I heard was a mash of words and then two faint agreements coming from further in the bus.

‘Alright then, come and meet us outside our bus in about 10.’ I told the young drummer.

He nodded before closing the door. I skipped excitedly back to our bus and saw Pete, Andy and Patrick standing outside our bus.

‘Any ideas as to what we’re doing Petey?’ I questioned him.

‘Nope, none whatsoever,’ he smiled childishly at me.

About 5 minutes later we were joined by Jon Ryan and Spencer, who all looked pretty geared up, even though no one knew what we were doing. I looked around the group, getting the feeling someone was missing, and then I realised. Brendon.

‘Guys, anyone know where Brendon is? All seven of them shook their heads. ‘Okay then, you think of something to do; I’ll go find Brendon.’ I told them.

I got back on our bus and began to look around. ‘Brendon?!’ I called out.

I got a groan of response from the bunk area, so I walked over to his bunk and pulled back the blue curtain.

‘Brendon, the guys and I are thinking about going out, want to come?’

‘No thanks Harriet, I don’t feel too good.’ He said, and as he did so, I realised he actually looked really pale and he seemed to be sweating.

‘Oh, Bren, you don’t look good, do you want me to stay here?’ I offered.

‘No you go out and have a good time’ he said with a small smile.

‘Are you sure?’ I asked contemplating whether to leave him or disregard what he said completely and stay with him.

‘I’m very sure, now if you say you’re staying, I’ll say I’m coming out with you guys and I think if I go out I’ll hurl and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to see that.’ He attempted to make a joke.

‘Okay, I’ll go, but if you need me, phone me I mean it Brendon.’ I sternly told him.

‘I will phone you if I need you, I will.’ He reassured me.

I stepped off the bus and saw seven faces staring back at me.

‘So?’ Pete said.

‘He’s ill’ I said shortly.

Hearing some groans from the guys, I tried to lighten the mood by getting everyone out.

About 20 minutes later, we found a club, how did we know it was a good club? They were playing Cobra Starship when we got in there.

Sitting in a booth, we were all ordering our drinks from a waiter.

‘I’ll have a beer,’ Joe said.

‘Same here.’ Spencer and Pete said at the same time.

‘Can I have a water please?’ Andy asked.

‘Me too,’ Patrick added, the guys looked at him oddly.

‘You don’t think my beautiful voice just stays like that do you?’ he asked incredulously,
stroking his throat.

‘Can I have a Red Bull and vodka,’ Ryan asked the waiter.

‘Can I have a Sex on the Beach please?’ I asked.

‘Sex on the Beach eh?’ Joe asked, wiggling his eyebrow suggestively.

‘Well, after I went to that beach party with Pete a few years back, it brings back good memories’ I winked at my boyfriend and his band mates causing them all to burst out laughing.

‘That’s my girl’ Pete said putting his arm around my waist, as the waiter came back with our preferred drinks.

‘Ooh’ I love this song!’ I squealed as I heard Ne-Yo’s song Closer come through the speakers. I took a gulp of my drink and then pulled Pete onto the dance floor. Slinging my
arms around his neck, his wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close.

We danced for what seemed like hours, neither of us bothering to get drunk because we were too involved with each other to feel the need for something like alcohol. Joe and Ryan on the other hand – completely trashed. According to Patrick and Andy, they had a shots competition and they got to around 16, when they both gave up. Apparently they’re surprised how well Ryan can hold his drink. In Spencer’s words ‘the boy may be skinny, but he can drink anyone under the table – four times over.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. First chapter of 2009! Hope everyone had a great time!

Comments?

Lola

xx