Chicago Is So Two Years Ago, Its All About Vegas Baby

I'm Shocked At What You're Capable Of

I walked away from the café, at that moment, my heart ripped into two. I felt like a monster for leaving Brendon like that, but I knew I had to do it. If I hadn’t I probably never would have.

Reluctantly, I made my way to the house that I shared with Pete. We lived half of the year in LA and the other half in Chicago. The relaxed, chilled out atmosphere of Chicago made me love living there.

The noise of nearby cars faded into the background as I drew closer and closer to the house. My mind began racing, I felt physically sick. What I was about to do was going to change my life forever, regardless of how Pete took it.

Only the noise of my thumping heartbeat could be hears as I made my way up the path and to the door.

Knock, knock, knock.

Pete

My face lit up as soon as I opened the door. I wasn’t expecting to see Harriett, but I wasn’t complaining.

Upon noticing the dark look on her face, I ushered her inside.

Just as I was about to ask her what was wrong, a lone tear slid down her cheek as she
began talking.

‘Pete, I have something to tell you, and it’s going to be really hard and I hope you won’t hate me after I tell you-’

I interrupted her, ‘I could never hate you. I love you.’

As soon as I said this she began crying harder, I wrapped my arm around her in an attempt to soothe her, but she just shrugged me off.

‘Please don’t interrupt me,’ she sniffed, ‘it’ll only make this harder for me.’

I nodded and waited for her to continue. Her voice was uneven and shaky as she spoke,

‘I…I slept with Brendon.’ She whispered.

Involuntarily, anger boiled up inside me.

‘You slept with…Brendon? As in Brendon Urie?’ I asked trying to get my head around the information I’d been given.

She nodded meekly.

‘I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!’ I found myself shouting, I was hurt more than angry. I couldn’t
believe that she’d do that to me.

‘Pete, I’m so sorry, I-I-’ she tried.

‘Don’t. Just, don’t.’ I said as I turned away from her.

Harriett

He turned away from me; I put my hand on his shoulder and turned him around so he was facing me.

He was crying.

At that moment, my heart broke in two. It showed me how much I’d hurt him, in all of the time I’d known him I’d never once seen him cry.

‘How could you? How could you cheat on me?’ he muttered, as the tears streaked down his cheeks.

‘I don’t know, it all happened so quickly. I wasn’t in my right mind, I was drunk.’ I told him.

‘When?’

‘The end of tour party,’ I said while looking at my shoes, I couldn’t bring myself to see the hurt in his eyes.

‘So you slept with him once, was that it? Was that all that happened between you?’ his voice cracked in the middle.

I knew I had to tell him, I couldn’t be cruel enough to not tell him.

‘We made out a few times when we were on tour.’ I whispered, still not lifting my head.

‘Harriett how could you?’ he asked once again. I continued looking at the floor. ‘Please, look at me,’ his voice faltered and I looked up and couldn’t hold his gaze for more than a couple of seconds.

‘I’m sorry; I don’t know why I did it.’ At this point I was crying almost silently.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before he said ‘Brendon?’ I was going to say something, before I realised he was talking to himself, trying to come to terms with the fact that his long-time girlfriend cheated on him with one of his best friends.

I moved quietly and sat down on the floor in front of him.

‘I’m sorry Pete.’ I said as I put both of my hands on his cheeks.

He moved from my grasp, ‘I know you are. But I don’t know if I can handle being with you knowing that you cheated on me.’ He shook his regrettably as he spoke.

‘What do you mean?’ I hoped he wasn’t saying what I thought he was.

‘I want you to move out.’ He looked into my eyes.

‘Okay,’ I complied. I went into our (or what used to be our) room and grabbed a bag and filled it with all the clothes I could.

As I clawed through the closet in search of our clothes, I found one t-shirt. The t-shirt that Pete had given me with the Clandestine summer line.

‘I don’t care what you think, as long as it’s about me.’ It simply said. I laid it on the bed and grabbed my bag and made me way out.

I got to the door and turned saw Pete standing behind me.

‘I love you.’ I whispered.

‘I love you too.’ He said just as quietly before reaching for my hand and pressing something into it. He closed the door and left me standing in the hall, crying my eyes out.

I looked down into my hand and saw a simple silver ring with a diamond in it. This sight made me cry even harder. It was an engagement ring.

I had just completely ruined my life. Pete was the best thing that ever happened to me and I blew it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long. This chapter was hard to write, I had to make it just right. Did you like it?

And I decided that this story is going to end soon. The longest it will be is 20 chapters, but I think it'll be more around 15 though.

Comments?