My Fair Lady

Chapter 15

Jakob sat in Chemistry and tried to listen to his teacher, Mrs. Simms. However, it was not working very well as Jakob was more concerned on feeling his phone vibrate than what happened when two opposite components met.

Feeling the shaking of the phone in his lap, Jakob looked down to find Chloe's text.

Havin fun?

Once again, Chloe was not at school. She was in New York for some musical thing with the group her dad once owned or something or other. Jakob wasn't really sure because he couldn't fully understand Chloe's excited jabble on the topic.
Oh yeah. Whatcha doin?

Jakob looked up and pretended to be interested in the lecture, one of his hands still in his lap waiting for her response, the other propping his chin up.

Waitin on my turn. I miss u

Jakob grinned lightly.

I miss u too. When u comin home? I wana see u now

*lol* I be home tomorow n we can hook up

FUCK YEAH

"Mr. Armstrong, would you care to enlighten us on the answer to number twenty on your review sheet?" Mrs. Simms gave Jakob a piercing glare. Apparently Jakob had been more absorbed in his texting and not with pretending to pay attention to class.

Jakob frantically looked at his mostly blank review sheet. "Uh... B?" He guessed wildly and hoped his face was contorted into some form of convincing. He felt his phone buzz on his lap.

"That's correct." Mrs. Simms turned away to explain the answer in more detail and Jakob gave an inward sigh of relief. He didn't know it was the right answer, but it was a great guess. Remembering his text, Jakob looked down to his disappointment to find that it was his dad and not Chloe.

You are in soooo much shit kid.

"What?" Jakob said in a repressed, high voice that thankfully didn't carry any further than to the person in front of him who gave a disgruntled shift at the noise. He quickly text the word, completely baffled at what was going on. In the meantime, Chloe texted again.

Get ready bc we havnt been together in 4eva n i miss u...really bad...;P

Before Jakob could respond, Billie Joe butted in.

I'm bout to call u before u hear it somewhere else

Jakob quickly shot his hand into the air. "Mrs. Simms, may I be excused. I don't feel very well." He put on a sick face that he hoped would assure her of his illness.

Mrs. Simms said nothing but jerked her head towards the door, which Jakob quickly exited, phone in hand.

As soon as he was down the hall, Billie Joe's ring tone went off and Jakob quickly answered it. "What are you talking about?"

"Jakob," Billie Joe's tone was neither angry nor upset, but nevertheless, very firm, "I don't care if you and Chloe fuck in the house, in the pool, in the neighbour's yard, or in the backseat of your car. I don't care. But I really hoped, as smart as you are, not to go and fucking fuck at Chloe's parent's house and leave a condom behind You know they are uptight about that kind of stuff. Subtlety Jakob, and common sense."

"Oh God." Jakob leaned up against the lockers for support. "When did you find out about this?"

"This morning when her mother called me at seven in the morning bitching me out as if it were my condom,"

"Ew, Dad."

"Still." Billie Joe sighed into the phone. "She said something about not wanting Chloe to be around you anymore."

"What? Are you serious?" Jakob sat on the ground in shock and anger.

"Yeah. Don't be a hothead on this Jakob. Play it cool and it'll all be fine. They suggested an intervention thing when Chloe gets back and we're going to do it and it'd work out. Trust me, it'll work out."

------------*------------

"This is unacceptable" Chloe's mother, Diana, raged as she stood up from the couch she had been sitting on in the Armstrong's living room, her arms flying into the air. "He knew our views and he knew our rules on this issue and he went and did it anyway "

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Billie Joe raised his hand to silence Diana as he continued to sit in his chair. "It takes two to... tango. Chloe is just as guilty as Jakob is."

"I don't see what the big deal is." Jakob piped up from his perch on the ottoman, away from Chloe, to her parents' delight. "We had sex. Just like every other person our age. At least we were smart enough to use a condom "

"I don't think that was the point Jakob." Adrienne said calmly from her seat next to her husband. "The point is, you and Chloe broke rules that her parents set down...."

"You are just as delusional as he is if you think that that's it " Diana continued to rage. Chloe had put her face in her hands in embarrassment. "There are bigger things at stake here than fifteen minutes of pleasure they didn't even think of the consequences that come with this "

"We agree on that." Billie Joe pointed out, having to raise his voice so Diana would listen. "But, Adrienne and I knew that our sons weren't angels and they would have sex before marriage. That's why we taught them safe sex instead of no sex. They have physicals, they use condoms, they aren't that stupid when it comes to the art of fucking "

"You are out of your mind Billie Joe " Diana had taken to pacing in front of the fireplace. "Yes, there are diseases. Yes, there is pregnancy to think of. Yes, there is all of that. But once it's there, it's there. No test or condom can prevent it. Chloe has a bright future ahead of her and her father and I will not have him," She pointed to Jakob, "Ruin it for her "

"What are you..." Jakob tried to interrupt but Diana was on a roll.

"The bottom line," She pointed to Jakob with menace, "You stay away from our daughter. I don't want you calling, visiting or even coming near her. If you do, I will have the police on you. Do you understand?" She bore her teeth like a dog.

"Mom " Chloe shrieked as she stood up and crossed to Jakob, who took her instinctively. "You can't do this "

"I can and I just did. Let's go Chloe. Now " She and her husband started towards the door.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute " Billie Joe went after them, Jakob and Chloe behind him. He caught up to the Moss' at the door. "You can't pull these two away. Not everything is in your control Charles, Diana. The fact is, these kids love each other and I doubt there will be any way for you or me or any cosmo forces able to keep them away."

"Watch me." Diana grabbed Chloe and slammed the door behind them.