My Fair Lady

Chapter 16

Jakob looked at himself in the mirror as he fixed his tie. It was the night of the Valentine's Dance and he wasn't looking forward to it as much as he had been earlier. The reason why was because he wasn't even allowed to look at his girlfriend, much less take her to a dance.

His mom had just gotten back from Minneapolis. His grandfather was doing all right and was healing fine. He was having to stay with his son but there was potential talks of him coming to California. Plus, his mom loved taking pictures of her sons for every school event.

Jakob sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He could hear people downstairs waiting on him to come down so the traditional picture taking frenzy could ensue. There was a knock at his door and before he could move away from the mirror, Lauren came in.

"Hey." She said softly as she stepped inside, her white silk dress shimmering softly in the light. "You 'bout ready?"

"Yeah." Jakob said, his words contradicting to his tone. "You look beautiful by the way."

Lauren blushed prettily. "Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself."

"Well, let's do this." Jakob took Lauren's arm and escorted her down the stairs as his date.

After the pictures were taken and everyone had gotten aboard the 'party bus' that the parents provided, Jakob, Lauren and several of their friends headed to the Valentine's dance. Landon had managed to provide a hidden case of beer in the party bus for them and it took about several beers apiece for the bus to get to the Marriott hotel where the dance was being held.

"Dude, I look good. We look good. We're good." Lauren said, her speech slightly slurred as they managed to clamor off the bus without getting hurt.

"Mmm hmm." Jakob agreed as he held Lauren's hand as they went in. What Lauren didn't know was that the guys had taken several shots of Jager in the back of the bus and Jager was Jakob's weak liquor spot. It didn't take much for him to get feeling good. He rubbed his nose as they made their way inside. "Aw shit. We gotta take more damn pictures." He groaned when he was the photographer taking professional shots of couples.

Katrina walked in front of them at that moment and paused. "Nice dress Lauren. Too bad it won't win you the crown."

Jakob chuckled a drunken chuckle. "Nice tits Kat. Too bad I still won't fuck you."

Katrina laughed deep within her throat and came closer and whispered in his ear. "You weren't saying that a few months ago. Remember when we had one last fling in your car right when you got with your precious little girlfriend who's not even here and you're here with another girl."

Katrina laughed as Jakob's face became pale and he started to shake his head. She nodded in defiance. "Oh yeah. But don't worry. It'll be our little secret." She crossed her heart and placed a finger on her lips before she strutted away.

Lauren, noticing the change in Jakob's demeanor, shook him and asked him what was wrong.

Jakob gave her a small smile and shook his head. "Nothing. She's just being a bitch. Let's go dance." Jakob led Lauren out to the dance floor and danced several fast paced songs with her. Strangely enough, every time a slow song came through the DJ's speakers, Jakob went outside to get a drink from the party bus.

"And now, ladies and gentlemen The crowning of the King and Queen of Hearts " The DJ announced in a bravado voice to the students. The crowd cheered as the candidates came on stage, Lauren looking particularly excited and nervous.

"And the King of Hearts is...." The DJ dramatically opened the envelope as a teacher held the fur lined king's crown for the winner. "Landon Morgan " Landon rushed up to the stage and accepted the crown with a whoop and a punch in the air, nearly stumbling in his tipsy state.

Some people around Jakob gave him pats on the back as if he looked bummed out that he had not won the title of King of Hearts, even though he was a popular nominee. Jakob had no desire to be such.

"And the Queen of Hearts is....." The DJ, if possible, opened this envelope even slower and the feminine breath around the room was tight. "Lauren Akin "

Lauren shrieked next to Jakob in pure excitement and rushed up with as much dignity as she could muster to receive her tiara. As her and Landon took the floor for their dance, Jakob took that as his cue to go finish off the fifth of Jager in the backseat of the bus.

As Jakob walked outside, the cool air hit him in the face. He was glad to be out of the stuffy dance room and away from Lauren. He loved Lauren deeply as a friend, but he really didn't want to hear about how much she wished Frankito was here tonight. Frankito had something to do, which was odd considering Frankito normally prided himself on doing nothing.

Jakob went aboard the bus, which was dark and empty. The bus driver was nowhere to be found and Jakob really didn't care. He went to the back and opened the Styrofoam cooler in the back for the nearly empty bottle of Jager. He took a shot straight from the bottle and sighed deeply. He really wished Chloe was here.

The bus doors closed and he turned around. "Lauren?" His voice was slurred and his vision was blurry because of the liquor and the darkness of the night.

"Uh, not hardly." A voice said with slight offense as they made their way to where Jakob was, heels clicking on the floor as they went. There was a familiar scent of vanilla wafting around him that made him relax as the person came closer.

"What are you doing here?" Jakob asked when he realized who it was. He tried to take one more shot from the bottle but there was none to give.

She shrugged and wrapped her arms around him. "I missed you." She brushed her lips against his throat. "Have you missed me?"

Jakob, intoxicated and overridden with emotions and the warmth of her femininity against him and that delicate vanilla scent that he missed so much, said nothing but sat down on one of the seats and brought her down with him until they were laying on the seat, her nuzzling his neck.

Jakob groaned as she moved her body on his on purpose, their centers . "Oh fuck." His heart began to beat wildly in his chest as he grabbed her lips in his as his hands crept up her skirt.

"Exactly." Katrina replied as she unzipped his pants and kissed him hard on the lips.