My Fair Lady

Chapter 25

Chloe awoke a few hours later to find Jakob watching her as she slept in her bed. He had propped his head up on his hand as his fingers traced a very soft pattern on her sheet covered stomach. "Hey."

"Hey." He kissed her arm. "I've missed you so much. These last few months have been Hell."

"Mmm hmm." Chloe agreed as she partially rolled on his chest. "I couldn't stand it and I'm so glad you're here."

Jakob grinned and kissed her deeply. "I'm going to transfer out here for the spring semester so I can be near you."

Chloe shook her head and kissed his chin that had slight stubble on it. "No. You love California and I wouldn't ask you to leave your family and all for me."

"But I would do it." Jakob said forcefully, pushing himself up on his arms as Chloe laid beneath him.

Chloe ran her fingers through his hair. "But baby, don't you see? I don't want you to come out here just for me. I want you to have something more. I want you to stay at OCC and get your degree and win another championship. I'll be able to come visit when we have breaks and stuff and you can do the same. And after the next year and a half, we'll see. I only have a two year contract with this production so in a year and a half I can either renew it or do something else."

"But you love this," Jakob argued as he sat up on top of Chloe.

"Just like you love California. We have to find the compromise in this."

Jakob nodded and sighed. "You're right, but, right now, I don't want to think about that. I just want to stay in bed with you all day and make you your favorite breakfast of eggs, toast, and tea; which you cannot even cook."

"I can too." Chloe retaliated as she whacked his bare behind as he climbed off of her and pulled his boxers back on.

"Betcha can't do it like me." Jakob gave her a cocky grin.

"Nobody can." She rolled over on her stomach and propped her chin on her hand.

"Stay here." Jakob kissed her forehead. "Relax and I'll have it in just a few minutes."

"Okay." Chloe obeyed and enjoyed the feeling of being pampered and worshiped, especially by Jakob. After a few minutes of hearing Jakob rummage around the cupboards looking for the proper equipment and the sweet aroma of the eggs filling the air, Jakob's phone rang on the nightstand. Simply assuming it was his parents, Frankito, or Lauren, Chloe answered it.

"Hello."

There was a pause on the other end, followed by a rude greeting. "Who is this?"

"This is Chloe. Who's this?"

"Lindsey."

Chloe's eyebrows furrowed. "Lindsey, who?"

Lindsey huffed an aggravated sigh. "Lindsey as in Jakob's girlfriend now give him the phone."

Chloe's eyebrows shot into her hairline and her jaw dropped. "Excuse me?"

"Breakfast." Jakob proudly came into the bedroom with a tray of toast, tea, and eggs. "Who's that?"

"Lindsey." Chloe gave him a cool look that he had hoped on avoiding for awhile.

Jakob hastily set the tray down. "Oh no. No, no. Don't think like that. It was nothing, I swear. I,. . .hey Lindsey."

Chloe had thrown the phone at him, pulled the sheets up over her chest, and crossed her arms, refusing to look at him while he talked to his girlfriend after making love to her. She bit her lip and tried to control the tears that desperately wanted to overflow.

"Lindsey," She heard Jakob hiss. "No I never loved you and I never said it. No I did not lead you on. You were a rebound and you knew that from the beginning. Don't pull that shit. I'm in New York and I'm not coming back because you want me to. No. No. No. Don't you fucking call her that you. . . hello? Hello? She hung up on me."

Jakob crawled on the bed and pulled Chloe's face to his. "Yes, I was seeing someone but it wasn't anything. I. . . I was just trying to find a way of getting over you and no matter what I did, I couldn't."

Chloe shook her head. "I know I'm being overly sensitive on this but you were all I could think about these last few months. All I did was wonder what you were doing, if you were happy, who you were seeing."

"But Frankito said you never asked if I was seeing anybody." Jakob sat down timidly on the bed with her.

Chloe's lower lip had poked out. "Because I couldn't bear to hear it if you were. I'll admit, I've been with someone else since I came out here, but it was one night and it wasn't the same. It wasn't what I wanted."

"I know," Jakob agreed softly as he took her hands. "I felt the same way." He kissed her cheek and saw Chloe smile a little bit. He softly bit her ear and received a giggle from the gesture. She turned and kissed him fully on the lips and began to bring him on top of her when his phone began to ring again with a more familiar ringtone.

"Fuck, Dad." He said as he yanked the phone up. "Hey Dad."

Chloe could hear the tiny voice of Billie Joe through the phone screaming at Jakob asking where he was.

"Oh, um, well, you're gonna laugh Dad when I tell you," Jakob began lamely.

"I doubt it," Was heard from the phone.

Jakob took a deep breath. "I'm in New York with Chloe."

"Jakob," Billie Joe's voice was heard from the phone. "Lying isn't going to make this any better."

"I'm not lying I really am in New York with Chloe "

Chloe took the phone away from Jakob. "Hey Billie."

Jakob couldn't hear the exact words of what his dad was saying, but his tone was much sweeter and calmer than it was when Billie Joe was speaking to him.

"Okay, I will. All right. Bye." Chloe hung up the phone. "Your Dad says you are in deep shit when you get home and that is a direct quote or threat or whatever you want to call it."

"Fun," Jakob muttered. "Speaking of going home, when are you. . ."

"I have a show tonight and then I have a break for Christmas so I'll be flying out to California with you."

"Perfect."