Sequel: Total Drama Couch
Status: This is no longer going to be updated since, to put it quite simply, I've lost all interest in not only the (poory devised) plot, but also the band. Sorry and thank you to all the loyal readers! I will keep this up if any of you (or myself) feel like reliving some terrible writing, haha.

My Heart Says That I Just Can't Quit

Got Me Right Back Where I Started

Like promised, David called me last night. Wasn't exactly the conversation I was looking for, but hey, it was something. Basically all that I said was, "Uh-huh...Really?...Oh my God that's wild..." etc, etc, etc. He just kept going on and on about the fans and shows. In fact, he was talking so much that at one point I just tuned it out.

"Hey, Charl, are you coming too?" Devin asked with a light tap on my bedroom door.

"Huh? Where? What time is it?" I groaned, pulling up my covers so I'd be shielded from the morning light that filled my intentionally dark room.

"Duh, I'm road tripping to Modesto to see the guys," she spoke slowly, "It's a five hour drive if you're interested and right now it's eleven-oh-two"

"Oh hell yeah I'm interested," I shouted, throwing the covers onto the floor, "Why didn't anyone tell me about this?"

"What do you mean? Jayk told me David told you last night," she replied bewilderedly.

I thought back to the call. Must have been when I was ignoring him.

"Oh, I must have spaced or something."

Devin pushed my door open all the way and started down the hall to go to her room. "Well you better get packing, we leave in three hours!"

I sped around the house like a tornado and left no spot untouched. Things were dusted, put away and organized, and managed to get one giant suitcase packed with everything I may need on this journey.

"Geeze, OCD satisfied yet?" Devin laughed as I joined her in the cab of my truck.

"Well, I just don't want to leave our house in disarray while we're gone," I explained, "I don't want to come home and have to start cleaning a bunch."

"Yeah, well I guess that makes sense."

"Don't I always?" I posed cockily, backing out of the driveway as I said this.

"Well make sense of this," she said, "I'm breaking up with Jayk."

"What? Why?" I demanded.

"He's...such...a manwhore!" she struggled to get the words out.

I couldn't help but snort. "Manwhore?"

"Didn't you see that YouTube video? The one of him and that girl?"

I thought about it. "Was that the one where David waved all cute?" I wanted to know while in a dream-like state.

"You're driving, concentrate," she ordered, "Now back to what I was saying. Yes, that video. He's was totally macking on some other girl!"

"You guys weren't going out then..."

"That's not the point!"

"Dev, I'm your best friend and all, but Jayk really likes you and you're just being paranoid. Trust me, he's not seeing other girls behind your back," I said.

"I guess...but-"

"No but's. You guys never really had any face time since you were going out. It's just been tour, tour, tour. Give it a try when we get there and if you're not feeling him, go ahead and let him go."

Devin was silent for a moment then stared out the window at one of the road signs. "Well, I guess I have five more hours to think this out."

______

"Hey, I found it," I yawned, nudging Devin back to life.

She stirred awake with a grunt and freaked out about the florescent lighting that flooded the front seat.

"I'll try to find a spot that's not under the street lamp," I compromised, forcing my unwilling arms to drive even further into the hotel parking lot.

Once I'd settled into a spot that seemed like ten miles away from the actual building, I dumped myself out of the driver's seat and leaned up against the side.

"You could've asked me to drive you know," Devin commented, stretching out after having four hours of sleep under her belt.

"Just help me to the entrance," I growled, feeling the crankiness seep deeper into my skin.

She positioned herself as a crutch and, to my request, dragged me to the front door. When we walked in we were greeted with a gust of cool air and the dim lighting of the lobby. Propping me up against the front desk, Devin proceeded to ask the lady where our boys were.

"Room 225, ma'am," she replied cheekily, "Would you like me to inform them of your visit?"

"No, it's fine," Devin answered, dawning me upon her shoulder again, "C'mon, you can nap in the elevator."

"Yay!" I cheered groggily at the thought of slumber. All it would take to put me down was an even surface to lay on.

"Well look who the cat dragged in," a familiar raspy voice called in our direction.

"Don't you dare-"

Too late; Devin had already forgotten about me and dashed for Thomas.

"Put me down," I finished where I now was piled up on the floor. Hm... This hotel carpet is actually pretty inviting...

"What's up with her?" another voice joined in, obviously curious about my sudden affection toward the ground.

"She drove the whole way here," Devin answered Jayk as if it were nothing important.

"No stops either," I added.

"Aw, Charlie wanna go night-night?" David mocked, picking me up and setting me on my feet.

I leaned into him and grinned. "This spot will do."

"Hey babe!" he then said very enthusiastically

"Hey," I returned, beaming even brighter now.

However, my smile was interrupted as David passed me over to Bobby and I opened my eyes to see him walking over to a girl that had just walked in. She looked surprised to see him and pushed her long, platinum locks to the side as he scooped her up into his arms and planted a wet one on her. Disgusting.

"Charlie, Devin, this is my girlfriend Kelly," he introduced, pushing the shy looking bimbo forward.

"Hi," she smiled, gleaming white teeth prominent against her evenly tanned skin.

"Hello," Devin replied dryly, catching the signals I was emanating in response to this... Barbie.

Bobby caught me off guard with a poke in my back and I instinctively blurted out an abrupt, "Hey."

First elbowing Bobby in the stomach, I turned my attention to David. "You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend," I mentioned through a gritted smile.

He tilted his head slightly to the side as he snaked an arm around Kelly's waist. "Yes I did. Last night on the phone."

"Oh," I quoted from earlier, only now my words were dripping with acidic friendliness, "I must have spaced or something."