Sequel: Total Drama Couch
Status: This is no longer going to be updated since, to put it quite simply, I've lost all interest in not only the (poory devised) plot, but also the band. Sorry and thank you to all the loyal readers! I will keep this up if any of you (or myself) feel like reliving some terrible writing, haha.

My Heart Says That I Just Can't Quit

It's Gotta Be This Complicated Girl

Devin insisted on driving when she came into the hallway and saw me wandering aimlessly. So maybe I lied to David about getting ready, he lied about Kelly… Kind of.

"So you slept with him last night? Way to go Charlie!" she coos behind the wheel.

"Not like that," I object, though the thought in itself wasn’t such a bad idea. "By 'slept' I really mean sleep; nothing else."

Devin nods. "That's not what I did last night," she sings, accelerating the car a little as she spoke.

I shoot up from my slouched and lazy position. "You did not!"

She laughs maniacally. "You're right, I didn't."

"You're such a bitch sometimes, you know that Devin?"

She only laughs again and focuses back on driving. There is a Denny's up ahead and the guys' van has already parked in front of it so we follow. Upon entering we find them perched along the long waiting bench in front of the host's podium.

"Is this everyone?" the man behind the podium asks, noticing us as we walk through the door.

"Yeah, this is it," Jayk answers, taking responsibility as the oldest of the group.

"Okay then, right this way," the host says, leading us to a large table in the back. Once we were happy and seated the host leaves.

David is across from me and next to him is, of course, Kelly. Bobby takes his seat next to me and two seats down is Devin who has taken the liberty of stealing a seat in between Thomas and Drew.

While everyone eats and talks amongst themselves, I stare at my food not daring to look up at the bluish-green eyes of someone so dear to me I would rather he hurt me than have him hurt. If he still wanted to be with Kelly then let it be.

"I've gotta go to the lady's room for a sec, okay?" she squeaks into his ear. The noise irritates my ears and I can't resist the urge to itch, setting my fork down in an absent-mindedly obnoxious fashion.

"What's your problem?" Kelly sneers quietly as she walks past me. I catch a whiff of her perfume; she smells like the old lady on the bus that you were forced to sit next to because all the other seats were filled.

After a few moments of silence David nudges my foot under the table. I look up hesitantly and smirk. "What?"

"Here's the breakfast you wanted," he smiles back. I realize he is talking about the morning I was stood up at our local diner before we joined the boys on tour.

I look at the other faces of our table. "Yeah, but I didn't want all these people around with us," I comment softly, staring a little too long at the empty seat next to him.

Bobby takes note of my subtle actions and casually wraps an arm around my waist with a little squeeze. I look over at him and he smiles in such a way it makes me feel warm inside. When I look back at David he seems confused by the silent exchange but thinks no more of it because Kelly comes back. He stares at her dead on and pulls her face to his in a sloppy, forced kiss. This doesn't seem like the endearing gesture it is supposed to be. If I didn't know any better, I would say David was a little jealous.

"Are you guys done yet?" Thomas asks from the other end of the table, Devin hanging ever so slightly on his shoulder.

I nod as well as David, Kelly, and Bobby.

"Alright, you guys go to the car while I go pay," Jayk says, excusing himself from the table. I am surprised by how relaxed he was about Tom and Dev. I mean, he was sitting right across from them.

Everyone else gathers their stuff and follows Jayk, but David and I are slower than the rest.

I take one last bite out of my pancakes and David is pushing around what is left of his hash browns.

"Baby, what are you doing? Let's go," Kelly whines, hopping like the little five-year-old she sounds like.

"Uh--Go ahead, I'll meet you out by the car," he replies, not looking at her.

She makes a face, but then rolls her eyes and reluctantly struts away. David watches her go with a somber look on his face, opposite of his mood a minute ago. After some moments of awkward silence, David suddenly glares and me and pokes his fork toward my face. "You're one confusing chick, you know that?" he flat-out states in an exasperated tone that startles me.

I look around; he'd attracted some attention. "Take that down a notch, Emeril."

"One minute you're in my arms, next your sneaking around with Bobby! What the hell are you trying to tell me, Charlie, because frankly, I'm not getting it," he continues, softer now.

"You say I'm confusing? For fuck's sake, David, you're the messed up one in this conversation. Unlike you, I'm not tied down to anyone so I'm not doing anything wrong!"

"Really? Well you seem to be awfully close to Bobby nowadays."

"Only because you're being a complicated bastard!"

"Is everything okay here?" another voice joins the conversation. It's our original waiter.

"Fine," we both answer, pushing ourselves away from the table in an abrasive manner and storming out of the restaurant, David trailing over my infuriated footprints.

"How am I being a complicated bastard?" he asks, tone softer than before but only because we are drawing closer to the van.

I don't answer. He should know damn well how.

"Wait," he says, grabbing my arm and stopping me three yards from the van. "Just tell me something."

I stand there and wait for him to explain. He sighs and looks back at the car then to me again. "You don't have to talk, just--" and BAM! He kisses me -- on the lips -- in view of the van. Kelly, Jayk, Devin, Thomas, Bobby, and Drew as all my witnesses. And he presses down harder as if in search of something. I, still not over the fact that he's even doing this, don't respond, but how can I? He has me in a death grip.

When he finally releases I try to analyze his expression, but all I see is a blank canvas staring back at me. I avoid his gaze and glance over at the van. Everyone, every last one of them, is in awe. Jaws dropped, Devin mouthing, "What the fuck…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hell yeah! I'm back and with added profanity! You might have noticed I changed the tense to present rather than past. If not, whatever, hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for the cliffhanger, but I wanted you guys to have something to hold you over while I write the next chapter. Yes, I'm not dead. [♥]