I Don't Wanna Be in Love

Chapter Ten

Open Me

Ember removes the silver wrapping from the small, paper box after reading the short note that was left on top of it. Inside Ember pulls out another small sheet of paper, And look inside the closet A small grin is shines on her face as she feels the thought Jacoby has put into this. Carrying the box and notes, Ember walks into the empty bedroom, where the curtains are pulled back lighting the room brightly.

She tosses the box and notes to the bed along with her phone before walking over the closed closet, the surprise building up inside. And quickly she pulls open the door, which reveals another closed note pinned to a closed up garment on a hanger. She shakes her head from side to side as she slips the note free, Just a little something for tonight, I love you

Excitement beasts through her after she reads the note and she scrunches it in her palm as she unzips the black covering. “Oh my,” She gasps stunned and happy as she looks at the sparkling halter dress that’s hanging in hands’ reach. The black looking the exact opposite of dim in front of everything else that’s mismatched in the closet. Her fingers run over it for a few minutes and then it hits her that maybe she should go and start getting ready for tonight.

Papa Roach is having this acoustic gig tonight at this little club that only admits like fifty and Ember promised she wouldn’t miss it for the world. She just got home though, from her date with Matt and up until she walked through that door she could have swore she felt they were hitting it off.

Two hours later Ember walks from the bedroom completely ready; her hair lightly curled and falling from her shoulders, her left wrist wrapped in a silver present Jacoby gave her for their first Christmas, and her body glamour’s against the sparkling black halter.

She’s driving there to meet them and is almost running late, she grabs her car keys from the kitchen and checks her cell one last time. With no new calls or messages she plugs it into the charger then leaves for the front door.

________________________________________________________________________

“Baby you look…wow.” She giggles as she leans into his body, her lips snatching his in a quick, happy greeting.

“I love the dress, thank you.” She whispers against his lips.

“Breath taking, don’t you see it?” He replies grinning, his thoughts catching up to the rest of him. A flash flies towards them, telling them somebody was snapping a picture.

“Awe look at that cute couple,” It was Tobin, who is still holding the camera up for another photo. Jacoby and Ember turn to get another snapshot; with his arm around her waist and their hands linked, both grinning ever so broadly.

“You’ve guys got a little while before we have our set,” Tobin says before turning the camera on someone else…or just throwing it towards them.

They turn to each other again, kissing once more and just being totally content. Everyone around them-the band, the venue staff, was invisible at this moment.

His insides are collapsing over and over again, how badly he can not screw up tonight because everything else is linked to tonight. Of course she’s seen him up where he belongs but tonight is special.

Every inch of him squirms around excitedly, every touch against her and he collapses again and again. How much she takes his breath away in that dress is indescribable, she doesn’t even know.

And tonight is about Ember and Jacoby but earlier today wasn’t. And she can block out everything that went on tonight but tomorrow morning I wonder what will be the first thing that comes to her mind.

Matt is new and intoxicating, she’s been here before with Coby: all the romantic dinners, presents and even shows, and as significant as tonight can be it’s already been done. The only thing that can make tomorrow drive Matt away is if Jacoby was to propose tonight. And that would close the door to Matt forever…then again how long is forever?

“Make me weak in the knees,” She whispers encouragingly just as he’s about to go on stage, with a kiss of good luck she struts away with swinging hips.

Ember sits up front and to the left, waiting in the momentary darkness for the band to kick it up and be swooned again. The lights flick on lightly and the curtains fall away, the guys are up there at their acoustic instruments starting up ‘Scars’.

After another four songs her eyes are lit with love and tears as she watches her man tear his heart out in front of everyone, for them to see and feel. The band slides into an instrumental solo and to her surprise Jacoby comes jumping off the stage to take her hand in a dance. Couples around them get the same idea and start holding each other close and entangling themselves in dances.

Ember rests her head against Coby’s damp clothed chest as he rests his hands around her waist at the small of her back. Their bodies flow together with the music and they’re one.

“I’m so lucky to have you.” He says softly, just above the music. His heart thumps heavily against his chest and she to can feel it. “How I landed you I don’t think I’ll ever know.”

She purses her lips tightly, fighting back the urge to just tell him to be happy tonight, not to take steps back to when times were bad-because that is making her question and feel a terrible guilt.

She pulls her head off of his chest to look briefly up at his sap-happy eyes and then plants her lips against his. He returns her kiss eagerly, his teeth nipping at her loosely closed bottom lip. She accepts his request for entrance as his fingers wiggle pleasingly behind her. The two of them stop abruptly to absorb the other one fully; as the couples around them continue dancing on the floor they themselves are dancing underneath their clothes. Itching and excited while intoxicated by theirlips mouths being locked.

The dim lights grow brighter signaling the end to the solo but their eyes are too tightly closed to notice. Every pair of eyes in the venue, from the back to the surrounding and the guys on stage, are grinning at the blissful couple and the only noises being emitted are those coming from them; the groans and moans that escape at every tug, bite and tango.

“Ahem, and any moment now we’ll be continuing our set.” Jerry says into the microphone in front of him with a smirk defiant across his face.

Ember and Jacoby both laugh against each other before pulling away, getting side view glances of the leering crowd. She pecks him once before sending him off back to the stage steps and then takes back her seat to enjoy the rest of the show with everyone else.

With Embers arms crossed around his neck he pulls her in through the door and as he kicks it close his lips find hers again. As her fingers toy with the hairs at the nape of his neck he flies his hands down her sides and back up her bare thighs, making her dress scrunch up at her hips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked that =] Thanks for reading! And I've got big plans for the next few chapters!
Dress:
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g270/Slayerinprogress/?action=view&current=PromGirlDr-287796309.jpg

Surprise!
http://media.photobucket.com/image/jacoby+shaddix/proach4life/jacobyshaddix97.jpg