I Don't Wanna Be in Love

Chapter Fourteen

“I’ll see you guys later, I’m gonna’ go get the thing.” Jacoby says excitedly, rubbing his hands together with happiness. It’s five am, the sun is just breaking through the night sky and it’s a beautiful sight. He’s leaving the studio, stale with cigarette smoke, soda and alcohol but feeling almost happier then ever.

“Good luck man, call us later to celebrate.” Tobin says slinking into the couch. Jacoby nods and quickly gets on his way, leaving the studio and jetting towards his car. As he opens up the driver side door he stops to take in a deep breath of the dawn air, he can taste the wetness of the dew in it.

“Today is the day,” He whispers, looking into the rearview mirror at a red light, grinning to himself so happily that he almost didn’t recognize himself.

After almost a forty five minute drive his car pulls into the parking lot of a small, reserved white building. Like a kid on Christmas morning, the excitement gets him to rush with turning off the engine, taking off his seatbelt and getting out.

The little sign of the shop says ‘open’ in swirly letters on a mint green sign with floral patterns surrounding lightly in the back.

Jacoby takes the handle in his hand firmly and pulls open the door, a small tinkle goes off above his head as the bell is hit by the opening motion.

“Hi there,” A petite woman says from behind the glass counter.

“Hi, I’m here for a ring, I called a couple days ago-“

“Ah yes it is in and it is a beauty if I do say so.” She replies beamingly, taking out a couple of papers. Jacoby crosses the little shop and stands readily at the counter, waiting to see the beauty that was meant for his extraordinary girlfriend.

“You should see the girl that that is meant for.” He says with a smile that shows off his love for her.

“Sign here,” She says before turning around and reaching into a box. She pulls out a smaller box and turns around to face Jacoby, who has signed the dotted line with his famous rock star signature.

A small gasp leaves his lips as he opens up the little silver box. Inside lays a perfect silver ring with an onyx stone in the middle, halfway through the band the stone is surrounded with tiny diamonds. “She’ll love it…” He whispers, not being able to take his eyes off the little symbol of his love, their love. “Thank you.”

He can’t help but jumping in his seat on the car ride back home, the ring sits perfectly in his pocket and he can feel it each time he breathes.

“God, I love you so much, I want you to be mine forever baby.” He whispers to himself, excitement growing with every mile that passes and takes him closer to home.

Jacoby arrives at the house about seven o’clock and Ember isn’t there, he remembered she’s at work and plops down on the couch. His eyes are looking at all their pictures together, looking at the years of happiness and just thinking about how much more happiness is to come now.

He swiftly falls asleep as he lays there thinking of her reaction and the wedding, seeing her in a gown that is almost as beautiful as her but at the same time no where near as close.

Ten after two he jerks himself awake and falls off the couch, landing on the floor with a smack. He looks around nervously out of reaction to falling but then calms down when he realizes it was nothing. Jacoby picks himself up and checks the time, she should be getting off work soon, he thinks to himself and instantly smiles.

The smell of his clothes travels up his nose lightly and he decides on grabbing a shower. He doesn’t need to propose and be all smelly. “It’s not like she’ll say no but we’re going to have to celebrate and I don’t want to be smelling funky.” He says, trotting off towards their bedroom to grab some fresh clothes.

After almost twenty minutes of showering and pampering to look oh so sexy he leaves their bedroom with ring in hand to head off towards the station.

“Is Ember off work yet?” He asks another radio personality after parking the car, his face lit up with joy.

He follows the person in with an invisible skip to his step; he stands just outside one of the rooms with his hands in his pockets waiting on the love of his life. His left hand secure around the little box in his pocket, “I hope she doesn’t notice the bulge…” He mumbles.

His eyes see her walking out of the door and they catch fire in her beauty, she seems even more gorgeous today, almost glowing.

“Hey babe, I thought I’d stop by to see you and then I realized you get off now, don’t you? Wanna’ go grab lunch? I’m sorry about last night-“

“I actually...have something to do…” His fingers twitch around the box, that’s all he’s thinking about. He was going to go about this in a romantic way but that would take too long, Just get down on one knee, she’ll shut up and forget about whatever she has to do…Come on…Do it He thinks to himself, trying to coax it to happen.

“Oh alright-“ He replies lightly with knees that are ready to buckle.

“Come on,” She says taking his hand freely and leading him to the exit with her.

“How about dinner?”

“Jacoby, there’s something I need to do and I really need you to understand.” She says and his fingers limp, not comprehending the serious look that’s spread through her face. Out here in the light she looks different, stressed and worn, scared and torn.

“Is there something wrong-“ He asks as she takes his hand.

“No, just please understand, okay? And I’m sorry if you don’t.” She leans up and kisses his cheek, this feels like a goodbye. Jacoby just freezes there, not even looking at her but the blur she’s caused around him as his breath tightens at not knowing what’s going on.

In his hand she places a folded piece of paper, tiny like her hand.

“I have to go now.” She says and turns, leaving him there blindsided and stunned. The paper weighs more then the ring in his pocket as that now seems obsolete.
♠ ♠ ♠
That shouldn't have taken that long. I'm really sorry, I've just been busy >_< Thank you for readng and sticking with me =]