I Don't Wanna Be in Love

Chapter Three

"M. Shadows you sound amazing in person." Her tongue rolls over her bottom lip; a luminous smile beaming off of her nice proportioned face.

"Did you trick me?"
 
"Did I trick you?" Ember repeats his question in a playful tone as they stand forearms length from each other at the curb of the yard.
 
"Let me think….did I trick….the singing…" She mumbles over to herself and moves her eyes and fingers around as if calculating a large math problem. "Yeah I guess I did." She says in a mock matter-of-fact tone causing Matt to break a face that was supposed to be serious.
 
"So you're leaving then?"
 
"Eh, yeah I am. I don't like parties, especially with tons of rock stars. I never know to say, I don't know the trends or any of the hot drinks. Ask me a today band and I probably haven't heard of them. And most people are so wrapped up in themselves they'll take that as an insult."
 
"Then how are you a radio host? Or is talk?" Matt scrunches up his face for a quick second without thinking about it.
 
"Classic Rock station, none of this new wave screaming shit that gets put on labels because the members break their instruments. And with the radio station I'm not face to face so I don't have to see if their gorgeous or hideous. Nor do I have to smell their bad alcoholic breath."
 
"Are you trying to tell me something?" He asks raising an eyebrow and crossing his large tatted arms over his chest. Ember lightly chuckles at his reaction as she shoves her left hand into her back pocket.
 
"No, not at all. You're music isn't shit and I can't smell you're breath from here so I'm going to take a stab an' say it's not kickin'". A second of silence and Matt gives this girl a look over before laughing in hysterics. She's funny, funny is good in a girl. With a minute passed she joins in on his hysteric party; he's still laughing his ass off.
 
Their both leaning over slightly regaining their breath five minutes later; Ember didn't think it was that funny but his reaction was something to laugh about. She thought for sure if she was a guy she would have gotten punched in the arm at least.
 
Matt clears his throat as he shoves his hands in his short pockets. "Do you need a ride?" He asked bluntly a few seconds later after making that thought runs laps in his head. The words didn't come out too rushed but slightly anticipated.
 
"Oh…I have Jacoby's car."
 
"You could always leave it so you don't have to come get him tomorrow."
 
"I could but what if I don't live by you? And why are you out here anyway? Shouldn't you be back there partying?"
 
"And what if you do? And if I told you you'll probably run to your car." Matt says sarcastically. Battle of the questions.
 
"Off of the Pacific Coast Highway and I bet I wouldn't." Ember replies slacking her leg to make her appear shorter then she really is.
 
"Then I'm taking you home-"
 
"Well that's if I want a ride home. Why would you make me run to my car?"
 
"Honestly, I noticed you back in there. I was going to hit on you but that was before I knew you were taken." Oh Matt did it again, this time a hotter heat traveled up through her feet to her face. Ember felt a little breath taken but pushed it away as soon as she could. They stood looking at the same crack in the ground for almost four minutes before Matt broke the thick silence.
 
"So do you want that ride?"
 
"Yeah. What the hell? It's not often attractive guys offer to give me rides…Oh…wait…that didn't come out right..." Matt stifled laugh as he started to walk to his car. She stood there for a moment before she came back to her surroundings and caught up to Matt.
 
 
"Call me anytime tomorrow." Matt said as he pressed his number into her slick neon green phone. She typed her number a few speeds slower then him.
 
"Well around what time do you usually wake up? I'd hate to wake you up since we kind of just met." He laughs holding her phone as she finishes her number. They exchange and he answers "There is no usually for a rock star really." He jokes placing his cell in the cup holder.
 
"Thanks for the lift Matt."
 
"Thanks for the company." Matt says leaning over and unlocking her door. For a split second he's at her chest level and curses the thoughts that flow into his mind.
 
"Goodnight." They say in union right before she shuts the car door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know but the next chapter shall be much longer.