Average

We Should All Hang.

Bethany walked slowly down the crowded hallways to get to her locker. She was in no hurry. The crowds around her bustled, and mumbled conversation drifted into her eardrums. Sometimes Beth wished she had friends at this school. It would sure help for this time of the day. It was lunch time. Lonliness didn't take long getting used to, she had her routine. Bethany went to her locker, switched her sets of books and made her way to the Gallery. She sat on the ground, in the hallway used as an alternate from the cafe. Continuting her routine, she pulled out Breaking Dawn, the fourth novel in the Twilight Saga. At once, she was absorbed in the book. Bethany didn't want to think of the events that happened earlier.

The whole day, whenever she walked down the halls, people would be whispering and pointing at her. She assumed it was about her newfound sort of living arrangements. Her high school wasn’t small, but it was a high school nonetheless, so gossip spread quickly. By the end of the day, even the teacher’s would know about her staying with Alex. Bethany sighed and put her book down. Her hand went into her brown lunch bag. She pulled out an apple, and began to eat. She wasn’t really hungry, but she figured she should eat something. Over the sound of her chewing, she heard footsteps. They were coming her way. It was the click of high heels. She looked up and sure enough, Alyssa and Camilla were headed her way. Alyssa stood above her, staring down. “Hi, Beth.” Bethany stayed muted.

“So, the word around school is that you’re staying with Alex Gaskarth,” she stressed his name to make it sound more important. Bethany's stomach dropped. She didn’t really want everyone to know she was staying with Alex, but she figured it were better to tell the truth. She swallowed and nodded her head slowly. “You've heard right." Alyssa smiled. Bethany wanted to vomit. “We should all hang out some time, don't you think?” Bethany rolled her eyes. “Humor me Lyss. What do you really want?” she asked. "Look, it's obvious we were made for each other. He just doesn't know it yet." Bethany coughed out a laugh. "You? Alex? Together? Ew. Excuse me for being blunt, but he can do so much better than a bitch like you." Bethany stood from her seat on the floor, and headed to the bathrooms, leaving her two ex best friends speechless.

Opening the door to the restroom, she took out her phone. She had a new text from Alex. 'How’s it going?' he questioned. Bethany shook her hair from her eyes, and typed a reply. 'It's going. Everyones talking about me. They're all dying to know how a nobody like me got to room with a somebody like you.' Bethany checked herself in the mirror and leaned against the sink, waiting for a reply from Alex. 'A nobody?! Please Bethy. They just wish they had the chance to know you. But, you're my best friend. All mine, so haha!' Bethany smiled. 'You make it sound like you've kidnapped me Gaskarth.' She rolled her eyes, and again waited. The text arrived. 'Technically, I have. But, that's besides the point. Is Drake there?' He was back to overprotective, big brother mood, Bethany noted. She typed back another responce. 'Nah, not today. But, I've gotta go. The bell's going to ring any minute.' As if on cue, the loud ding came from the speakers in the halls.

Bethany made her way to class, and sat down in her seat. Making sure her teacher wasn't watching, she checked to see what Alex had said. 'You got it. Now get to class, young lady! ;) ILY-Alex.' Bethany laughed and put her phone in her purse. Silently, she took her book back out and began to read. Minutes passed until a figure arrived overtop of her. Her eyes scrolled up to see Cameron standing above her. She smiled. He held out his hand. "Come on, they need you in guidance." Bethany's stomach dropped. She felt sick.
♠ ♠ ♠
sonya w/ cates editing.

:D