Best I Ever Had

You And I

“I’m so so sorry,” He said looking at her with the saddest eyes. You could tell it hurt him to do this as well. He went to go hug her, but she pushed him away and backed up with tears in her eyes.

“No,” She mumbled, “No.”
“Bella,” He tried.
“No,” She said and turned around running from his house. She ran out onto the street and got in her car. He followed her outside in the pouring ran and watched her drive off down the New York City street.

She drove to her apartment, slamming the door as she walked in. She threw her jacket on the chair and slipped off her shoes. She quickly pulled out her bottle of tequila from the cabinet and sipped it right out of the bottle. She sat on the couch with her new best friend and turned on her tv, flipping to some sappy romance movie. She envied those actors on the screen, they had what she didn’t. Then the tears started coming once again when she realized her heart was broken.

Three and a half weeks later………….

A light from the sun peaked through her curtain, hitting her in the face. She slowly opened her eyes, and tried to sit up. She must passed out on the couch last night because she was still in last night’s outfit. She sat up and looked around. She heard the faint beeping of her answering machine echoing on the walls. She got up and hit the button, stumbling to get there.

“Hey Isabella! It’s Cass. I was just calling to remind you that we’ve got that signing down at Marc’s today, he said he tried to call you last night, but you wouldn’t answer. So call me if you need a ride or something. Bye.”

“Hey Cassie,” She said trying to sound cheerful.
“Finally!” She exaggerated.
“Sorry, I had a rough night,” Isabella explained.
“You sound like you did,” Cassie commented.
“Is it okay if I get a ride from you today?”
“Yeah sure! Just tell me when and I’ll come get you.”
“How about 1 o’clock?” Isabella asked slicing up an apple.
“Sounds good.”
“Okay.”
“Oh and Iz,”
“Yeah?”
“Are you gonna be okay?” Cassie asked a little worried.
There was a long pause before she answered, “Yeah, I’ll be fine. I’ll see you at one!”
“Bye Isabella!”
“Bye Cassie,” She said and hit the button on the phone. She put the rest of her uneaten apple in a bowl and shoved it in the fridge.

Soon enough Cassie was at her door knocking as loud as she possibly could.

“CASSIE!!!” Isabella shouted, the knocking stopped.

“Hey hoe,” She said walking in the door, “Ready?”
“Yeah, just let me grab my phone,” She said walking back to her room. When she saw her phone ‘one new message’ flashed on the screen. She looked who it was from and the screen said ‘unknown number’. She just clicked delete and walked out of her room to meet Cassie.

“Let’s go,” She said shutting the door behind them.

The two girls drove to Marc’s, an old music venue that only gets used by small bands now. The perfect spot for picking up artists and signing them to a record label.

“Hi, I’m Cassie, from Hopeless Records and this is Isabella,” She said introducing us to the band.
“We’re All Time Low, this is Jack, Rian, Zack, and I’m Alex.”

Isabella looked at him and starred. Her words were caught in her throat. He starred at her with an evil glare at first, but then it softened to a look of sympathy.

“Well let’s hear you guys play!” Cassie said breaking the awkward silence that formed.

They first played a song that they wrote called ‘Circles.’ Then they played, ‘Coffee Shop Soundtrack’ and Isabella had walked out of the room. Alex took notice and followed her. The rest of the band stopped playing and wondered what was going on.

He found her sitting on the ground, head on her knees against the wall.

“Bella,” He started.
“No,” She said looking up at him, “You don’t get to do this. You don’t get to pretend like nothing ever happened. You don’t get to look at me like that with those eyes. You don’t get to do this,” She said getting up off the ground and trying to walk away from him.

“No, Bella, you don’t.” He said grabbing her arm and pulling her back.
“Let me go,” She pleaded.
“No.”
“Alex,” She whined with tears running down her cheeks.
“Bella, listen to me,” He said pushing her up against the wall. She tried to fight back, but he just kept her there.
“Stop trying to fight me,” He said with a hint of sternness to his voice.
“Please, just let me go Alex,” She said once more with the sadest eyes in the world. Tears stained her face, her makeup was running, and her eyes were blood shot. He let go of her and starred at her for a minute.

“Come here,” He said taking her hand and leading her to a spot where she could sit down.
“Stay here and I’ll be right back,” He said and walked away, only returning with the acoustic guitar he just used. She watched him as he sat down.

“Bella, listen to me,” He said and began playing the chorus to a song. Her eyes watched him carefully and noted the movement of his hands on the guitar.

You and I were living like a love song. Now I know you're the only one that I want.
I want you back, I want you

Now I'm here to say I'm sorry And ask for a second chance
All I want to do is make it up to you cause when it all comes down to the end,
I could sure use a friend. Now I'm here to say I'm sorry And ask for a second chance. All I want to do is make it up to you Cause when it all comes down to the end, You were the best I ever had.

I can't believe that I threw away all our dreams. I can't believe now that you're gone how much you mean to me. I feel so bad, I feel so bad. You were the best I ever had. I can't believe that I threw away all our dreams. I can't believe now that you're gone how much you mean to me. I feel so bad, I feel so bad. You were, You were the best I ever had.


Her eyes met his as he played the last chord of the song. She couldn’t get the words to come out, they were all in her head, but they got stuck in her throat. He put the guitar down and slid over next to her. She buried her face in his chest as he pulled her closer.

“I never stopped loving you Isabella,” He whispered and kissed the top of her head.