Enigma

Friends Again

I hardly stopped laughing the entire time that I was at David’s house. His mother and father were very warm and friendly and never let me feel awkward. I sat next to David in the back seat of the car whilst Sean drove me home.

David reached for my hand and squeezed it. I looked up at him and smiled. His green eyes sparkled as he smiled warmly back.

“Did you have fun sweetie?” mum asked me when Sean and David had left.

“Yeah, I did actually. They were really nice to me.” I smiled and blushed slightly.

“Of course they were nice to you.” Courtney spoke sweetly. “After all they have a son who is just as much of a freak as you are,” she smiled as if she meant no harm, but I could hear the sneer in her tone.

I stood and walked past her without saying anything. No matter how many times they do this to me, it always hurts. My sisters have teased me, usually not in a friendly way, about being different for so many years that I honestly should be used to it.

But I just can’t seem to ever be able to brush it off. I ran up the stairs and closed my bedroom door behind me. I roughly wiped tears away from my cheeks and changed out of the clothes I had worn to David’s house.

The laptop whirred as it loaded. I ran my brush through my thick hair and stared at my reflection. You would never be able to tell from looking at me that there was something wrong with me. Unless you were to feed me poison and watch the effect that it wouldn’t have on me.

The other students at school only knew because my sisters had told everyone. A few people had been intrigued by me, but that had worn off after a few days. The ‘popular’ girls at school had snubbed me and so the rest of the students had done the same.

I shrugged and walked over to the computer and logged onto msn. Strider was on. But tonight I wouldn’t start a conversation with him.

A conversation box opened and there was a not telling me that Strider had left me a message after I had gone offline last time we talked.

Strider I don’t want to fight with you. I’m truly sorry. Please don’t hate me.

I sighed and wrote back.

Enigma Apology accepted.

Enigma I don’t hate you. I was just annoyed with you.

It was a few moments before he replied.

Strider Now why on earth would you be annoyed with me :P

I almost laughed. How very like him to try and turn everything into a joke and try and smooth things over that way.

Enigma Oh no reason whatsoever.

Enigma You were just being an asshole.

Strider Well I said sorry didn’t I?

Strider Can’t we move past this and be friends again?

Move past this and be friends again? Sounds to me like he has been reading some self-help books or something similar. I laughed quietly to myself and then sighed.

Enigma Move past what?

There it was done. Now we could forget about it.

Strider :D
♠ ♠ ♠
Strider is still there, and if the story keeps going the way that I think it is, then he will become more prominent/important.