The only thing you'll get is this curse on your lips

Chapter Eight

~*~Melanie’s POV~*~

I sat on the swing. The sun was slowly setting and there was a cool breeze dancing threw the trees over head. I was just rocking back and forth on the swing, randomly drawing on the now filled tear stained page of my note book. I sighed, slipping the book back into my purse and pulling out my phone and turning it on. “You have 10 new messages” was displayed in bold letters across the screen. Eight of which were from Harlie, and two from a number I didn’t recognise. It was obviously from a person who knew me though, they were asking where I was and wanting to meet up later to talk about what happened before. I sighed, shutting my phone off again and just sat there staring at nothing in particular.
“Damn it!” I heard someone shout from over by the trees. “God fucking damn it, I fucked up big.” I heard them say again.
I got of my swing and slowly walked towards the mystery person by the trees.
“Yeah… No… I’ve tried calling her too… Yeah her phones still off… Patrick I’m not getting someone else to get this cleaned up for me, we’re not in grade five anymore, I’m a grown fucking man… Yeah I’m fine… I’ll be home in a bit… Maybe try her for me I guess, just don’t say anything… Ok yeah, bye.” I heard the person say before hanging up their phone. “Fuck” they muttered under their breath.

~*~Pete’s POV~*~

“Hey Pete, have you messaged her yet?” Patrick’s voice rang threw the phone from the other line.
“Yeah.”
“Did she say anything back?”
“No.”
“Well have you…” He started before I cut him off.
“I’ve tried calling her too.”
“Is her phone still off?”
“Yeah her phones still off.”
“Are you sure you don’t want me to get Harlie to ask her what’s going on?”
“Patrick I’m not getting someone else to get this cleaned up for me, we’re not in grade five anymore, I’m a grown fucking man.”
“Pete, are you sure your ok?”
“Yeah I’m fine.”
“Well just come home soon.”
“I’ll be home in a bit.”
“Ok, do you want someone to try calling her?”
“Maybe try her for me I guess, just don’t say anything.”
“Don’t worry, I’ll just ask her to come over or something.”
“Ok yeah, bye.”
“Bye Pete.”

“Ummm… Hi.” I heard someone say from behind me.