‹ Prequel: Drop It on a Dime

Give Me This One Last Fighting Chance

Fifteen - End

About 6 months later…

“I’m sorry Dani, you must be very uncomfortable right now” I was a week late from my due date. I just wanted to get the baby out of me but it wasn’t coming. Adam and I had decided that we were going to wait until the baby was born until we would find out the gender.

“So do I just have to wait until the baby decides that it wants to come out of me?”

“Well if you don’t go into labor by Thursday we will induce your labor”

“Ok thank you Dr. Smith”

“Take it easy Dani”

Dr. Smith handed me a small card for Thursday, so if the baby decided to stay inside they could induce labor and I would finally have our baby.

Tuesday came and went, Wednesday still no labor. Finally Thursday was here and I was on my way to the doctor’s office with Adam, when I began to have pains in my lower abdomen.

“Adam” I began to take deep breaths “I think the baby is coming”

“What now?”

“Yes, just get me to the hospital”

We were there in no time, Adam helped me out of the car and we went to the reception desk.

“Hi, how can I help you?” the receptionist asked.

“I – am in – labor”

“Oh right this way”

“Who is your doctor Ms -?”

“Mrs. Siska, its Dr. Smith”

“Ok I’ll send her right over, let’s get you into a room and off your feet.”

I laid there for a little while waiting for Dr. Smith to come in, when I was about to fall asleep I felt something like a pop and fluid came rushing out. My water had broken. The baby was officially on its way. Adam was asleep in the chair next to me. I shook him awake “Adam, wake up my water just broke go get someone”

“I’ll be right back” he kissed my forehead and left the room. He returned with a nurse and Dr. Smith.

“How are you feeling Dani?”

“It hurts, get it out of me”

“Well you are about 6 centimeters along; it won’t be too much longer”

A few more hours went by and I began having more contractions that were longer and more painful. Dr. Smith came in to check on me again.

“How much longer?”

“We can take you into delivery now”

“Really?”

“Yep, let’s get you in there”

After all of the pushing what seemed to be forever, I held my beautiful baby girl in my arms, with Adam beside me.

A few years later…

“Adam your mom is here! Is Emma, Jonathan, and Tori ready?”

“Yes they are ready”

Adam and I had named our baby girl, Victoria, but we call her Tori. She was beautiful. Jonathan and Emma were walking and talking, so when Grandma showed up to pick them up they went running to her. Tori is a momma’s girl so she stayed attached to my leg until she had to let go.

“Tori are you ready to go with Grandma?”

She shook her head yes into my leg. I picked her up and carried her to Adam’s mom; before I handed her over to her I gave her a kiss goodbye and then helped Adam to buckle in Emma and Jonathan, giving them each a kiss and a hug. They were going to Grandma’s for the weekend so Adam and I could celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary.

It was perfect Adam and I was still together and married, and we had everything we could have asked for. I didn’t need anything else but them.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter! Thank you to all who have read! Hope its a ending that you will all like :) Enjoy! ^-^