Frozen Water

Images

As soon as her soft words echoed into my mind, my conscience fell into a trance.

A series of images formed in my head. I didn’t recognise the people at all, but noticed a strange similarity between one of the characters and the water lady; except certain features of her, like her hair, which was brunette, and her complexion was not as ghostly. The eyes gave away her true identity though.

Like a short movie I saw the different moods and emotions that made up this story. I saw how she craved for this rather handsome young man, (well I would say he was, as I am a straight guy after all) although I could not tell whether he had the same passion for her as she did for him.

Finally I saw the image if two silhouettes standing by the clearing of the lake. I focused myself to zoom in on their faces. To my suspicions it was the same two characters that made up this dream. Their words seemed muffled, but I was able to just about make out what they were saying. A faint twinge of guilt twisted in my stomach as the placidity in his tone grew to an acidic spit in disgust. Her sky, blue eyes began to build up in tears and reflected the dull light of the moon. It was when he drew his hand into a tight fist and violently punched her in the chest. It was like he was trying to physically break her heart as well.
An image of myself being batted in the gut flashed in my mind as if to remind me of how this was related.

Then to my horror I saw the young girl’s petite body stumble into the lake. The ice broke from under her weight as she sunk underneath the surface. Bubbles fizzed in the open gap between the water and the ice cover. I wanted to go in after her, but felt myself stuck glaring back at the murderer. A single tear glistened from the corner of his eye, as he paused for a second watching her sink down.

His fist remained clenched as the hollow light of the moon disappeared behind the midnight clouds. His silhouette stalked off into the night.

I felt the blood all rush back to my brain and my eyes burst open.

“He’s alive!” I heard a faint voice bellow.

I sat straight up in shock and sucked in the air like it was the sweetest drug. I felt mystified as I scanned my surroundings. It was like I was spinning in my own head as I tried to gather my tangled thoughts.

A middle-aged man was breathing heavily and sweat dripped from his brow. Although he looked quite a state, his mouth was stretched to a wide smile in joy, so his wrinkles seemed more deep-set.

“We’ve got him back!” He hollered to another person, who hovered in the door way. It was only then I noticed several other people were crowded around me, staring in disbelief.

“Welcome back Alex!”

“W-what? W-where am I?” I stuttered, still feeling slightly hazy.

“Alex you were in the lake. You died, but we brought you back dear boy! One of the local fishermen saw you topple in the lake and well...fished you out!”

I wasn’t able to really take in the slight humour, but I felt my mind ponder over the memories.

It seemed like a blur. I can’t really remember...anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
well I am terribly sorry for the long awaited update. As I have mentioned on my profile, I have been very busy with GCSE's, I haven't has time to write anything on any of my stories.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, leave a comment. I knwo this chapter is short, but hey its an update!