Happiness was just a memory that would soon become reality again.

Meeting Mike

Soon Andy had stared to snap at Billie for his never ending guitar play. But being his dad he just ignored it and went to his room to... Play "Blue". Then the day came.

"Ok" Andy shouted " I'm going to the doctor's I'll be back later"

He had returned in an hour. We were sitting in the living room just watching whatever the hell the person who had the remote wanted to watch.

"Ollie!" said Andy brushing a tear away from his eye. "come ere" he said motioning for her to follow him into the back room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Billie's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Eric" I whispered "Why is dad crying?"

"He wasn't crying he was sweating" said Eric trying to believe his own words but I was no use Andy had been crying.. And he had a good reason to.

Just as I was about to respond dad entered with mom crying beside him.

~~~~End of Billie's POV~~~~~~~~~~

"Um kids we have some bad news for you" said Ollie her voice cracking as she spoke

"When I went to the doctor the did a test on me and found out I have....." he paused "esophagus cancer"
He just stood there trying to be brave but failing as his youngest son leaped up.

"DAD!" shouted Billie "NO! It's not true!" he said as he ran into his dad's arms crying just as his father was.

His dad reached his arms out a got his son who was crying so hard that he was shaking. "I know I know" Andy said as he held his son tightly against him trying to calm him down "I don't want to believe it either"

The whole family was just stunned especilly Ollie and Billie.

The days went by and each day Andy was "breaking" he had stopped showing emotion when any of the kids had come near him.

~Billie's POV~

Ugh I hate seeing my dad like this. Why him? Why now?. God he's dying right in front of me everyday.

Eric came into Bill's and his room.

"Hey" he said trying to break a smile out.

"Hey" I said not eyes of of the picture of my dad holding me when I'm just a little baby. A tear falls and it breaks my gaze.

As Eric is sitting on the bed he says " God I can't stand seeing dad die every day" he immediaty regreting saying that due to my emotional reply.

"Aww Bill come on" Eric said opening his arms as I went over to him "I didn't mean to make you cry"

Sniffling "I know but I never thought of it that way" I said getting up to go play blue.

Then it happened, September 25 he was gone.
The Family didn't speak of it ever again.

Sitting in the Cafetiera in fifth grade he was feeling overly depressed and sat at the far lunch table away from the other kids. He just sat there staring at the empty lunch bag that was supposed to have his lunch in it. Ollie had to leave for work early everyday being a widowed mom with 7 kids and a waitress job life for the Armstrong family was getting tough. His stomach was growling as he just sat there and cried softly while looking at the floor. Only to lift his head to a fairly tall blone headed kid.

"Um can I sit here?" questioned the kid
I had seen him before in the some of my classes " oh yeah sure" I said quickly wiping the tears away before he was embarrassed.

"My name's Mike by the way" said Mike "Pritchard"

"Actually it's Billie Joe" I said looking up laughing

"Ha" said Mike laughing along "Good one"

Boy had it felt good to laugh again.

"So why were you over here alone crying?" asked Mike

"Huh? Oh um well... I.. Uh just" I stuttered my words realizing he had seen me crying " I was just thinking of my dad"

"Oh.. Why would that make you cry?" Mike asked with confusion on his voice

Man this kid asked a lot of questions. "Well it's been a month since he left" I said

"Oh why'd he leave?" asked mike

"He well... Died" I said softly

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to.." Mike said just as I cut him off

"It's okay you didn't know.. It's not your fault I just still have a hard time accepting he's gone" I said

"Oh well I um never knew my parents" Mike said as he took some of his chips and offered some to me

"Huh what do you mean?" I asked

"Well my mom was a herion addict so I was put up for adoption and was adopted at 8 months old" he said looking up at me.

"Geez" I said at least I knew my dad Mike didn't even know his mom or dad. "Wow I'm really sorry about that do you have a mom and dad now?"

"Huh oh oh yeah" Mike said

****Ring*****
"Oh wow ok well I'll see you around Billie" said Mike walking to the door

Did I just make a friend? Was the question that rang through his head... I think I did!