Hello Beautiful

A Random Craving For Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Ring

Ring


I groaned. Not again. Who could it be this time?

Ring

Ring


I sighed and grabbed my phone. I couldn’t be after 5 in the morning. Who calls at 5 in the morning? “Hullo?” I mumbled.

“Good morning Nicky!” said a singsong voice that could only belong to one person… I shot out of bed and started getting dressed.

“Hey Laura. What are you doing up at-" I looked at my bedside clock- “4 am?”

“I can’t sleep. Do you think Starbucks is open?”

“Are you sure you want caffeine? You need to get your rest for once, so that you can look your best at the premiere tonight.”

“I can’t sleep anymore. I think Joey had the same idea as you. He made me go to bed at 7 last night. But if you want to sleep some more, don’t let me stop you. You go on back to bed.”

“No, I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to sleep now.”

“Gosh, I’m sorry.” She really did sound sorry.

“No, it’s fine. Do you want to sneak out for Starbucks? I could really use a peppermint hot chocolate,” I teased her.

“Hey, that’s my line!” she said.

“Well, do you?”

“Nicky, I’ve still got curlers in my hair.” It didn’t matter. She always looked beautiful.

“I’ll come to your room and wait for you. Then we can walk down together.”

“Ok. Come on over, but prepare yourself for a whole lot of ugly.”

She didn’t understand that she was never ugly to me; she could never be ugly to anyone. She was the most beautiful girl in the world…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I was dressed and had knocked on her door, she had removed the curlers from her hair. I guess some things are just too embarrassing, even for the most perfect girl in the whole universe.

“Hey,” she greeted me with a hug, dressed in her pajamas, which happened to be really short, black silk shorts and a bright pink tank top. She was so gorgeous. It took eveything I had not to stare at her. “Just hang on a minute while I change.” She walked into the bedroom and gestured for me to sit down on the bed. “I’ll be right out.” She winked at me.

She went into the bathroom and came out minutes later, hair and make-up perfect, dressed in dark skinny jeans, purple converse and a purple tank top. She walked over to her closet and pulled out a white, long-sleeve shirt with a deep V-neck and geometric patterns cut out of it and pulled it on over her tank top.

“You look good in purple, in case you didn’t know,” I said, smiling at her outfit.

“It was the color of the Camp Rock poster, so I’m wearing it for good luck.” She smiled back at me. I noticed that she had on purple guitar pick earrings as well.

I walked to the door and held it open for her. She giggled.

“Thank you Mr. Jonas!” She giggled again and grabbed my hand and pulled me along to the elevator. She continued to hold my hand all the way down to the first floor. It was quite a long way. The Metro has about 56 floors and we were at the very top.

We came out of the hotel and walked across the street to Starbucks. It was chilly and she didn’t have a jacket.

“Why don’t you ever bring a jacket?” I teased her.

“So that I have an excuse to give you frequent hugs.” She giggled and squeezed me around my waist. I made a grab at her hips, but she danced away gracefully, while I tripped and almost fell on my face. She rushed back to my side.

“Are you ok?”

“Yea, I’m fine.”

“You sure?”

“Yea, I’m great.”

“Good. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to that handsome face of yours before the premiere tonight.” She pinched my cheek annoyingly.

“You know, that wouldn’t have happened if you had let me do this!” I grabbed her waist and wrapped my arms around her, trying to keep her warm.

“Thanks.” She smiled.

I smiled back. “My pleasure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update number 10 of the evening. You should be kissing my feet. It is freaking 3:27 am. Wow, that's kind of ironic actually... *giggle*