Hello Beautiful

We Take 35 Guests To A Movie Premiere

“Laura, are you ready yet?”

“Almost, just a second.”

“Hurry!”

“I’m coming right now. Here, look, what do you think?”

Oh. My. God.

She looked amazing. I couldn’t even describe how incredible she looked, between the purple sequined dress, the diamond drop earrings, and the silver stiletto heels, I wouldn’t know where to start. She looked drop-dead gorgeous.

“Well, you clean up good,” she said.

“Wow… You look… Wow.” Dang it. Why did I even open my mouth?

“Thanks?”

“Let’s go. Joe and Kevin are waiting on us downstairs,” I managed to get the words out, still staring at her.

“Ok.” She looked at me funny, as if she was questioning my sanity.

We walked to the elevator and went down the 56 levels to the ground floor. We saw Kevin and Joe before they saw us, so we waved to get their attention. They raised their hands to wave back, but they stopped short when they saw Laura. Their mouths fell open.

She and I walked over to them. I waved my hand in front of Joe’s face. Nothing.

They looked up and down Laura’s body one more time before snapping out of it. Man, she did look good.

“Whoa. You look… Whoa.” Joe stuttered like a babbling idiot.

“Sorry, Joe. Nick already used that line on me today. Try again later,” Laura laughed.

“What, Joe? Use up all your adjectives?” I teased him.

“Shut up. You look beautiful Laura.”

“Thanks Joey. You look very handsome.”

“Hey!”

“You do too Nick, don’t worry. Besides, your hair looks better,” she whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek. I blushed.

“Thanks,” I smiled and blushed even more. God, she was hott.

“You guys ready to go?” Kevin asked. We nodded and walked to the door. It was getting crazy outside the hotel. The police had set up barriers along the street to keep people from mobbing us as we walked to the limo that would take us to the Camp Rock premiere. As we walked towards the car, we reached over the barriers to grasp hands and sign autographs quickly.

Laura was amazing. She touched more fans than me, Joe, and Kevin put together. She probably signed, at least, 100 autographs. We practically had to drag her into the backseat of the car, but it wasn’t because she wanted the attention. She just cares so much for her fans. It amazes me how far she would go for them.

“You’re so good to your fans.”

“I learned from the best,” she smiled. “Besides, if I didn’t have my fans, then I wouldn’t be here. And if I didn’t have you guys.”

“Awww…. Aren’t you a sweetheart?” I pulled her into a hug. She blushed and grinned.

“Are you nervous?” she asked me.

“Yes, but I’m more excited than nervous.”

“Do you think people will like the movie?” she asked me quietly. I could tell that she was really scared.

“Yes. I truly think they will like the movie,” I murmured. She didn’t talk the whole rest of the way to the theatre, but held on tightly to me. I gently put my other arm around her and rubbed her back in slow, soothing circles, trying to calm her down. I could feel how tense she was. This was the first time I had seen her like this. It worried me just a little bit.

When we finally arrived at the theatre, EVERYONE was there: Ashley, Vanessa, Zac, Corbin, Miley, Lucas, Cody, Monique, Emily, Mitchell, Moises, Alyson, Jasmine, Megan, Demi, Selena, David, Maria, Jake, Shia, Kyle, Jason, and everyone else from Disney Channel and a few others too.

That’s when Laura started freaking out.

“Oh My God, Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens are HERE!” She was so nervous that she was shaking as we walked down the red carpet. We posed for pictures and signed tons of autographs.

Then in one second, Laura looked at the crowd and saw someone. Or, actually, I should say someone’s.

She screamed out loud. “OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!”

“LAURA!!!” screamed several girls right next to the fence. I remembered them from the ASPA show in Disney, the first time I met Laura.

“KENDALL! LINDSAY! MARGARET! CASEY! EVY! CECE! PAYTON! KENDALL! KENDALL! KAYLA! KATE! JESSI! CANNON! SOPHIE! ALEX! AMELIE! KATIE! EMILY! ALINA! ANSLEE! DIDI! What are you guys doing here? I missed you so much!!!” Suddenly about ten guys appeared behind the girls. “MICHAEL! CONNOR! CHRISTIAN! ZACH! NICK! JACOB! HUNTER! AUSTIN! MICHAEL! JAKE! AUSTIN! ANTHONY! AUSTIN! CHRISTIAN! JACK! ANDREW! JASON! ALEX! PETER! OMIGOD, NO FREAKIN’ WAY!!! How’d you get here? AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!” She was jumping up and down, hugging each person across the fence, and planting kisses on the guy’s cheeks. That made me kinda jealous, but then I saw the expression on her face, and I was just happy that she was happy.

“We came out to support out bestest friend in the universe,” explained Lindsay.

“And we wanted to see how well our star girl quarterback cleaned up,” said Jack. “And may I just say, you look fine!” When he said this, Laura turned bright red. Then, all of a sudden, her face lit up. She whispered something in Joe’s ear. He smiled and nodded. He then whispered something to the officer by this section of the fence, who promptly nodded and slid open a gap in the fence about eight inches wide. Laura motioned her friends though the fence and they squeezed by one by one. Afterwards the officer closed the gap in the fence again.

“They can come, can’t they?”

“Of course.” I smiled at her. Anything that made her happy.

“Thank you so much Nicky!” She grabbed me into a hug and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. My vision fogged for a minute and I heard a loud roaring in my ears. When I regained the use of my senses, I hugged her back.

“No problem,” I whispered in her ear. She giggled and turned pink. All the girls went “Awwww” and all the guys laughed at her. We were at the end of the red carpet by now and we walked into the movie theatre.

Before the movie started, the press wanted to ask some questions.

“Is it true that you and Ms. Sullivan are dating?”

“No, we are just friends.”

“Is it true that you and Laura went on a date the first night you met?”

“No.” I lied outright. Whatever, I was used to lying to the press.

“Laura, is it true that you call Mr. Jonas ‘Nicky’?”

“No. Why would I call Kevin ‘Nicky’?” That got a good laugh from all Laura’s friends.

“Laura, some people have called you the Jonas Sister. How does that make you feel?”

“That’s actually the first time I’ve heard that.”

“Well, how do you feel about the nickname?”

“It’s an honor to be compared to such an amazing group of boys, but I would like to make it known that I am not attached to the Jonas Brothers. I am my own person and I do write my own music.”

“Nick, you and Laura are seen frequently holding hands and with your arms linked.”

“That’s just the kind of relationship that we have,” I said indirectly avoiding the actual implication of the question.

“So you are dating?”

“No, we aren’t.”

“Laura, is it true that you rehearsed a kissing scene for Camp Rock with Mr. Jonas?”

“Yes, I did do a kissing scene with Joe.” Laura laughed. She was so good at this. The press had better start calling us by our first names or they were never gonna get a straight answer out of her.

I took a huge risk and reached over to squeeze her hand. She squeezed mine back.

“No further questions,” said the reporters, annoyed by the lack of juicy gossip and their complete inability to get Laura to answer anything besides an actual, to-the-point question. They don’t like to ask actual, to-the-point questions, that’s why they never get any answers. They just think that we’re gonna want to tell them every little detail about our lives. Yea right.

Finally, we all walked into the movie theatre. Laura sat between Joe and I. The movie turned out really well. Actually, it was awesome, but maybe I only thought that because Laura was in almost every scene. All of the music sounded great and it was really cool. At the very end of the movie, during the song This Is Me, Laura started freaking out again. I understood. Her and Joe’s kiss was coming up and she didn’t know how people were going to react to it. Matt hadn’t even showed her the footage, so she didn’t know what it was going to look like either. I wrapped my arm around her and rubbed her shoulder.

The big moment was almost here. On one side she was holding Joe’s hand, and on the other she was holding mine. The song ended and Joe leaned forward in his chair, while I could see that Laura was tempted to close her eyes.

In the movie, Shane pulled Mitchie closer and closer to him, until their lips met. Gawd, this was harder than I thought it would be for me to watch. They kissed for just a little bit longer than I thought was necessary, and then broke apart. Mitchie smiled, and Shane looked lovingly into her eyes. She stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him softly once more and then he pulled her into a hug. The picture faded and the credits rolled. Everyone cheered when Laura’s name came up, especially her friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update number 11. You shall worship the ground that I walk on. Or you should at least comment...