Hello Beautiful

I Was Four Years Old. So What?

I didn’t hear who said it, but someone asked me to do Believe In Me.

“Why not?” I said, giving up on the fact that I was gonna ever get a break from singing for my best friends in the whole entire universe.

I’m losing myself
Trying to compete
With everyone else
Instead of
Just being me
I don’t know
Where to turn
I’ve been
Stuck in this routine
I need to
Change my ways
Instead of
Always being weak

I don’t want to be afraid
I wanta wake up
Feeling beautiful
Today
And know
That I’m ok
Cause everyone’s
Perfect
In an usual way
You see
I
Just
Wanta believe in me

La
La
La
La
La
La
La

The mirror can lie
Doesn’t
Show you what’s inside
And it
It can tell you
You’re full of life
It’s amazing
What you can hide
Just by putting on a smile

I don’t want to be afraid
I wanta wake up
Feeling beautiful
Today
And know
That I’m ok
Cause everyone’s
Perfect
In an usual way
You see
I
Just
Wanta believe in me

I’m quickly
Finding out
I’m not about to
Break down
Not today

I guess I always knew
That I had all
The strength
To make it though

Not gonna be afraid
I’m gonna wake up
Feeling beautiful today
And know that I’m ok
Cause everyone’s perfect
In an usual way
You see
Now
Now I believe in me
Now I believe in me


“Why did you write that song Laura?” asked Rachel.

“I actually wrote the outline for that song when I was about four and a half years old. I really remember that day, because it was the day that I had my very first piano lesson and I was really discouraged because I wasn’t very good at it yet. I wasn’t having any trouble reading the music; I could read music before I could read words. That wasn’t giving me any trouble. It was figuring out which fingers to put on which keys on which notes at what time. It was all very frustrating to me, because it was the first instrument I had ever played. My voice was different. I was pitch perfect by the age of four years old, so I could pretty much think a note and then sing it. It was very different for me to see the note, think it, find the key, and then play it with my fingers and then sometimes to get it wrong. I was so annoyed that I went home and tried to write my very first song. I actually have kept this song for inspiration ever since. When I got signed by Hollywood Records, I knew immediately that I wanted to do this song, so I revised it a little bit and recorded it.”

Every one was staring at me like I had just sprouted a third arm. It was slightly awkward.

“What?” I asked them.

“You wrote a song when you were four?” asked Nick, apparently dumbfounded.

“Yea. What? When did you start writing songs?”

“When I was seven.”

“That’s not such a big difference.”

“I couldn’t even read English until I was six,” said Joe, looking mystified.

“It was just something that came naturally to me at a young age.”

“Does everything come naturally to you?” asked Kevin.

“No, mostly music. Everything else I just put about a million hours of practice into, along with buckets of blood, sweat and tears.”

“Except for the tears part,” noted Jake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update, that's number 17 in the past 17 hours. Wow that's ironic...

Song Credit: Believe In Me, Demi Lovato