Hello Beautiful

Don’t You Dare Forget!

Did you forget
That I was even alive
Did you forget
Everything we ever had
Did you forget
Did you forget
About me

Did you regret
Did you regret
Ever standing by my side
Did you forget
Did you forget
What we were feeling inside
Now I'm left
To forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

So now I guess
This is where we have to stand
Did you regret
Ever holding my hand
Never again
Please don't forget
Don't forget

We had it all
We were just about to fall
Even more in love
Than we were before
I won't forget
I won't forget
About us

But somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it

Somewhere we went wrong
We were once so strong
Our love is like a song
You can't forget it
At all

And at last
All the pictures have been burned
And all the past
Is just a lesson that we've learned
I won't forget
Please don’t forget
Us

Somewhere we went wrong
Our love is like a song
But you won't sing along
You've forgotten
About
Us

Don’t forget...


“Why did you write that Laura?” asked Alina.

“That song, actually, I hate to say it, is about all my friends in Atlanta. I wrote it because after the ASPA Show in Florida, and I got my record deal, none of you guys called me, emailed me, or texted me. Nothing. I thought… Well, I thought, that you guys had… Forgotten me.” My voice broke and a single tear ran down my cheek. All three of the Oswald Brothers, Zach, Nick, and Jacob, stood up and came over to me. At first I thought they were gonna do what Jack and Jason had done, speak softly and wipe away my tears, but when they came over, Zach and Jacob got on either side of me.

“Oh no. Guys, no, no, no! Ahhhh!” I screamed as they hoisted me up, so that I was sitting squarely on Zach and Jacob’s shoulders, looking down at Nick. I was tempted to squirm, but I didn’t want them to drop me.

Ok, I love the Oswald brothers more than pretty much anything else in the universe, even chocolate. And I seriously love chocolate.

The Oswald Brothers have to be the coolest people to ever walk the earth, no joke. So, one of the great things about them is that, even though they aren’t British, they speak in British accents all the time. I mean all the time. When you’re around them you just can’t help but start doing it too. Like I said, coolest people ever. Anyway, they picked me up and Jacob says in his adorable (but fake) British accent:

“Laura, do you think we could ever forget you? We’ve known you since the day you were born, that’s about 15 and a half years. I’m not sure about these idiots-“ He pointed at his brothers “but I know that I will not, as long as I live, forget you, not even if you moved to Antarctica to hunt penguins!” I laughed. That was our inside joke. I had made Jacob read the Twilight books when we were dating, and it actually helped, because he became, like, the best boyfriend in the history of the universe. We used to quote the books to each other, but no one could possibly get what we were talking about unless they had read them about a million times, like us.

We weren’t dating anymore, but we still quote the books to each other all the time, and when he does it in his accent, it’s the funniest thing ever. He used to whisper Romeo’s lines in my ear, just like Edward. It was really romantic. Then he would kiss me. Gawd, he had the most talented lips…

“I’ll prove it. On your 16th birthday, I will have a yellow Porsche 911 Turbo delivered to your house.” He continued, making me laugh harder. “Or would you prefer a red BMW M3 convertible, or maybe a black Aston Martin Vanquish?” He continued to spout random inside jokes and I continued to laugh. “Or perhaps a new copy of Wuthering Heights? Or maybe I’ll just come get you and we can go for a walk in the woods and look for our furry friend who shares my first name. Who knows, we might even run into Alice or Jasper. Then we can go to our meadow and I can show off how awesome I am, because you know I’m awesome.” He needed to shut up, or I was gonna fall to the floor, from 6 feet up, on his and Zach’s shoulders. I took my hand and felt for his face. “What-“ he said it with a very condescending tone, that was dripping with sarcasm, “are you doing?” he asked me, after I poked him in the nose a few times, still shaking with laughter.

“Looking for the ‘Off’ button,” I managed to choke out between giggle fits.

“Oh. Zach, she’s looking for ‘the button’.” He grinned evilly at me.

“NO!!” I almost screamed. I was in for it now.

“NOW!” Jacob and Zach both took a step to the side at the same time and I tumbled through the air. Jacob caught me in his arms before I hit the ground and they started tickling me mercilessly.

“NOOO!!!!! STOP IT!!!!” I screamed as they grabbed and poked and prodded (I was going to have bruises) “STOP!!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! MERCY!!!!! HELP!!!” Just as I was about to yell for Nick, Kevin and Joe to come help me, Zach and Nick (Oswald) suddenly released me and I fell to the ground. “Thanks guys. Good catch Jacob,” I teased him.

“Sorry. Are you ok?” he asked me seriously. (I knew he was serious because he was speaking in an American accent instead of a British one.)

“Yea, I’m fine,” I assured him.

Yes, you are,” he said, going back to his normal, slightly obnoxious, fake British self. We probably flirt too much for an ex-couple, but whatever.

“Shut up and give me a hand.”

“Here.” He grabbed me, picked me up from the ground, hugged me and wiped the tears of laughter off my cheeks. As he did this, I wondered if he acted like this because he still had feelings for me. I didn’t have feelings for him anymore, but I wasn’t sure how he felt. While I pondered this very interesting question, he continued to talk.

“Laura, my point was that none of us could ever forget you. You’re too amazing for that. Besides, all we have to do is turn on the radio or the TV and you’re right there. And, I remember, very distinctly, sending you several text messages after you told me you got signed.”

“Yea, but you were the only one.” I whispered it really softly, so that only he could hear. He gave me another hug, and as he held me close he sung softly in my ear. I missed the moments we used to have like this. I miss all our moments. They were amazing. Sometimes I really wish I hadn’t broken up with him. Come to think of it, why did I break up with him? I don’t even know…

Wow, I’m smart.

He continued to crush the air out of me and whisper in my ear while we swayed on the spot. I closed my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder while he rubbed my back and recited poetry musically to me.

For the first time in three months, I remembered what it was like to be a normal kid, who could actually walk outside without getting mobbed and that didn’t have to deal with paparazzi. I wasn’t Laura Sullivan the performer. I wasn’t Laura Sullivan the star. I wasn’t Laura Sullivan the role model. I was just Laura. And that was ok with me. Just Laura, hanging out with her friends. It felt really good to take a break.

Unfortunately, nothing good lasts forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longerish...