Hello Beautiful

Damn It!

“What are you going to get your brother for his birthday?” I asked Kevin and Nick, the day after the Premiere, in the lounge in the back of the bus. Joey was taking a shower, so it was a safe subject at the moment.

“No clue,” said Kevin dejectedly.

“Guys, come on. We’re in New York City! You can’t think of anything Joey would want to do while we’re here?”

“Well… No, never mind.”

“What? What is it?”

“Well, Joe always wanted to go to a concert in Central Park, but all they play in Central Park is classical crap.”

“Well, that idea’s out.”

“Unless…” Nick had an idea. I could see it.

“What? What are you thinking Nicky?”

Kevin snorted with laughter when I called him Nicky, but I could care less. Right now I was focused on Joey’s birthday.

“Well, what if they booked our opening act from the tour at Central Park? No, better. What if our opening act offered to perform there for Joe’s birthday?”

“Your opening act? Wait, that’s me!”

“Exactly.” He smiled at me.

“Me? Perform in Central Park? You have go to be kidding. They would never let me sing there. They only do classical music.”

“Well, maybe you could convince them.” His smile grew larger.

“Nicholas Jerry Jonas, what are you thinking?” I wondered if I sounded as skeptical as I thought I did.

“Call the Central Park Amphitheatre.”

“What?”

“Call them.”

“Why? They won’t let me perform.”

“They will.”

“Nick…”

“Call them!”