Hello Beautiful

I Screw Up, Majorly. I Think...

OMG, that was horrible. Connor kept stepping on my feet and it hurt like crazy and I couldn’t dance. I was so pitchy on Someday My Prince Will Come and I was a key too low on Part of Your World. UGH! And the Jonas Brothers were watching! I bet they thought I was horrible! Gawd! What a night to screw up!!! And I’m supposed to meet them on the balcony in five minutes to see what they thought of the performance! What am I gonna do? Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! Oh well, here I go.

"Hey! So, what did you guys think?" I asked them, the cheery tone of my voice covering up how worried I was that they had hated it.

"You did awesome," Kevin commented.

"Great!" Joe said “Really, well, Joe-like.”

"Haha. How about you Nick?" I asked him.

"Uhhh... Wow, you did great. Well actually you did more then great; you rocked!" Nick answered.

"Awww... Thanks you guys!" I said, right as my friend Kendall walked through the door. 


"Laura!" said Kendall. "Hey, what’s up?" Kendall asked as she came closer. "Are you okay?" she inquired.

"Yeah, why?" I asked her.

"Well you were really nervous when we were getting ready to go on. You were like, 'OMFG I'm so nervous! I want to go home! The Jonas Brothers are right there!'" Kendall said, not noticing that they were standing right next to me.

"Yeah but, I'm okay now, really," I told her. Nick was staring at us, wondering what we were talking about. "Uhhh... you guys want to go swimming?" I said trying to change the subject.

"Ok, sure!" they all said all at once except for Kendall.

“I’m kind of tired,” she admitted. Weird. She never gets tired.

"Ok, well I’ll go get ready," I said as Kendall skipped back to her room. I put on my favorite bikini and walked out the door. I went next door and knocked. Thinking they were already at the pool, I went down the elevator. I walked to the pool and saw them playing games already. "You guys didn't wait up?" I asked.

“We didn’t, but Nick did" Joe said. I turned to the corner and saw Nick smiling. I smiled and waved at him.

"Hey! What took you so long?" he asked.

"Oh, well, some of us just aren’t used to doing things at the speed of light!" I said smiling at him again.

"Ok, I'm getting in the pool NOW," Nick said, as he jumped in. "Come on!" Nick yelled.

"Coming!" I said. I was about to get in, but slipped and fell. Nick caught me before I hit the ground. "Thanks," I smiled up at him and blushed, still in his arms.

"No problem," he said, as he set me on my feet, blushing right along with me.

We played games and had races but after a little while we got bored, so we decided to do tricks off the diving board. After showing off just a little with a double front flip/somersault into the water, me being the athletic swimmer that I was, stayed in the pool just in case anything bad happened. Kevin did a back hand spring into the water, which was pretty cool. Nick did a one-handed cartwheel into the water, which was utterly awesome.

Until he didn’t come back up.