Hello Beautiful

The Ellen Show. Enough Said.

Well, my birthday was more awesome than Joe’s. It’s official. Laura rented out YANKEE STADIUM, and we all go to play baseball all afternoon, but it was even better than that. She gave me a baseball bat for my birthday- autographed by all of the New York Yankees! It was my best birthday ever, definitely.

We’re still in New York, to film an episode of The Ellen Show. It’s going to be interesting, that’s for sure.

We got to the studio and were led though the throng of people waiting for us, screaming. We waved and shook hands. Laura signed a few autographs; nothing major because we were doing a meet and greet after the show. We looked at the map and went around in circles for a few minutes until we found Studio A. Ellen greeted us backstage and then we went into hair and make-up. Laura doesn’t need it, but I do. There’s a zit the size of a pepperoni pizza on my chin.

We could hear the music start and the audience go crazy as Ellen walked onto the stage. She introduced us and talked about our tour and how we’re working on a new record.

“Please welcome the most famous foursome to ever set foot on this stage, Laura, Nick, Kevin, and Joe Jonas!” Great. Laura’s last name is now Jonas. Now every one is going to think we’re married. Fantastic.

We walked onto the stage to thunderous applause and lots of screaming. Our entrance music was Party. Laura was bright red as we sat down on the couch. I was between Laura and Kevin and Joe was on Laura’s other side.

“How are you guys doing? I haven’t seen you since March. How have you been? What have you been up to?” Ellen asked us.

“Well, as you know, we have been busy with our protégé, Miss Laura Sullivan, and, we have been working on writing music for our new CD, which no one, not even Laura, has heard.” I laughed when she looked annoyed. (Laura, not Ellen)

“And you, Laura, this is the first time we’ve met. Tell us a little bit about yourself.”

“Well, my name is Laura Elizabeth Sullivan, and I play almost every sport known to mankind. I love to sing and play the guitar and for the past 2 months I have been on tour with the Jonas Brothers.”

“Ok Laura, I’m gonna say a word and you need to tell me the first word that comes to your mind.”

“Ok, go for it.”

“Color.”

“Blue.”

“Food.”

“Cookies.”

“Jonas.”

“Brothers.”

“Kevin.”

“Sweet.”

“Joe.”

“Hyper.”

“Nick.”

“Ummm… President.”

“Liar! That was not the first thing that came to your mind. You hesitated. Tell the truth. What was the first thing you thought when I said his name? Spill it!” Ellen exclaimed.

“Do I have to?” She looked embarrassed beyond belief.

“Laura!” I begged her. I wanted to hear what she thought about me.

“Ok, now I’m really not telling!” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“Come on, Laura. Please?” I took her hand and kissed it, trying to butter her up. It couldn’t be that bad could it? I mean Ryan Seacrest had asked her the same question and she had said ‘hott’, so, seriously, could it be worse than that? I tugged on her arm and gave her the puppy dog face.

She buried her head in my shoulder and mumbled something I couldn’t hear.

“What did you say?”

She moved her lips to my ear and whispered it again.

“Oh.” I turned bright red.

She covered her face with her hands.

“What?” asked Ellen.

I reached over Laura to get to Joe and whispered it in his ear.

“Really?” He looked at her and she nodded her head.

“What?” Ellen said again. “What was it?”

Joe motioned to Kevin and he whispered what Laura had told me.

“Seriously?” Kevin looked astonished.

She nodded again, still hiding her face.

“WHAT?” Ellen was really annoyed now.

“I don’t’ know if I should tell you. Laura might never speak to me again.”

“I will, it just might take me a few months to ever be able to show my face in public again,” she said into my shoulder.

“Tell me!” Ellen was begging. I reached over and whispered in her ear.

“That’s not so bad. I’ve had some worse answers than that,” she said, smiling. “Nick, tell the audience what Laura thinks of you.”

I could feel my face heat up. “She thinks I’m sexy.” I turned a deeper shade of red. Joe laughed at my tomato colored face.

“This is why I love having you guys on the show, you’re awkward teenagers and everything that you say is hysterical. I told you guys that there was going to be a surprise on the show today, right?”

“No, actually you didn’t. We don’t know anything about a surprise.” Joe looked puzzled.

“Oh, whoops, well you do now. Ok, so I have heard that Miss Sullivan can dance and we are going to have a little dance off to see what you’ve got. Sound like fun?”

“Bring it on!” Laura said, instantly brightening. She loved to dance.

“Ok, before we start, I have a question. In a dance off, which Jonas Brother would win?”

“Joe. Hands down.”

“Why do you say that?”

“I taught him everything he knows.”

“Good answer.” They both laughed. “Now, Laura, come with me.” Ellen took Laura by the hand and pulled her over to the DJ booth. “Tell the DJ what song you want and show me what you’ve got. Unless you want me to go first.”

“You go ahead. I like to watch my competition before I smoke them.”

“Well, we’ll see about that.” Ellen smiled wickedly. “Cupid Shuffle please!”

Laura was gonna kill her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think I like this chapter...