Hello Beautiful

Stupid Fans...

“Thank you so much, thanks,” I said to the paramedics as they gathered their equipment and prepared to leave.

“She just has a minor concussion,” one of them said. “She’ll be fine.”

I stood up and felt a wave of dizziness from lying down for so long. I grabbed whatever was closest to me, which happened to be Nick’s hand, and steadied myself. He wrapped his arm around my waist, making sure that I wouldn’t fall over. I smiled up at him, appreciating his sweetness.

As the paramedics got in the ambulance, one of them told the others to wait. He turned back to face us. “Hey, my daughter’s a big fan of all four of you guys. She especially loves you Nick.” I tightened my grip on Nick’s arm and he chuckled, pulling me closer to him. “I was wondering if I could get your autographs?” the guy continued, not noticing our little exchange.

“Yea, sure.” I looked at Joe. He shook his head, signaling that he didn’t have any paper. I scanned the lot for Kevin, but I didn’t see him. He was probably on the bus, looking for the ice pack on of the paramedics had asked for.

“Joe, will you go yell at Kevin to bring us some paper please?” asked Nick.

“Yea, sure.” He walked over to the bus and climbed aboard.

“KEVIN!” we heard him yell. I cringed. I don’t think Nick had meant it literally...

They got into an argument about something stupid, probably why Joe was so annoying. After a minute, Kevin came out, looking pissed off to the extreme, with a piece of paper in one hand and an ice pack in the other. He handed me both and walked back onto the bus, probably to do something very painful to Joe. They had both already signed the paper.

“Do you have a pen Nick?” I asked him.

“Yea, here.” He pulled a pen out of his pocket and handed it to me. I signed the piece of paper in my big loopy handwriting. ‘I really needed to make my signature shorter, smaller, and easier to write,’ I thought, as I watched Nick scrawl his name in less than half a second. He handed the paper to the paramedic, whose name was David.

“Thanks.” He grinned at us. “My daughter is gonna be the happiest person on the earth.” He looked at the paper and laughed. “She’ll freak out when she sees this.” He did an imitation of his daughter, “’OMIGOSH! Nick Jonas and Laura Sullivan actually touched this piece of paper!’” Nick laughed.

“Ok, well what would happen if she actually saw us?” I asked, laughing with Nick.

“You wouldn’t be alive anymore,” David said, laughing harder. Me and Nick quit laughing when he said this. We had learned the hard way that some fans would go to any means necessary to meet us. Not kidding. We’ve had some scary experiences...