When You Look Me in the Eyes

Evy Sure Does Scream Loud...

“Mr. Klingman, could you please send Kendall to the front desk?” asked Mrs. Kissack over the intercom.

“Which one?” said Mr. Klingman sarcastically. There were three Kendall’s in homeroom.

“Konenkamp,” she answered, sounding flustered.

Mr. Klingman pointed to the door and I stood up. I hoped I wasn’t in trouble... I opened the door and walked out to the front desk.

“KENDALL!!!!” screamed someone who looked a lot like...

“LAURA!!!!! OMIGOSH, what are you doing here?” Then I noticed who was standing next her; Nick, Kevin, and Joe Jonas. Wow, they were even cuter than the last time I saw them...

Laura ran up to me and hugged me. We jumped up and down for a second, but didn’t scream anymore cause we didn’t want to get in trouble. After we stopped freaking out about seeing each other, she started talking.

“Well, I’m going to record another album and John, our producer, says that I need a back up singer and I was wondering if you would do it.” She gave me the puppy dog face.

I laughed. “Of course I’ll do it. I need to talk to my parents. When do we start?”

“As soon as school is over. Mrs. Kissack said that we aren’t allowed to check you out early because we aren’t related to you.” She frowned and Nick put his hand on her back.

“Are you two...?” I pointed to them and their eyes widened. Nick’s hand was gone in an instant.

Laura shook her head. “No, no, no, no, no. We’re just friends.”

“Right.” I would get the full story later. She would tell me.

The bell rang and people came streaming out of the classrooms.

“Shit,” Laura swore, "They can’t see us, especially Kevin, Nick, and Joe. They’ll get mobbed and we didn’t bring any security.”

“Here.” I pushed them into the student lounge. “Nobody’s gonna be in here for a few minutes, just hang tight while I grab my stuff.”

“Ok, hurry,” Joe said. God, he was hott...

“Kendall, GO!!!” Laura yelled at me.

“Right.” I ran out the door to my classroom and grabbed my computer, my book bag and my gym bag. I ran to my locker and completely forgot my combination for my lock.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, now was not the time. I flipped my gym bag over and dumped out all my stuff. I grabbed my PE shirt and turned it inside out. There it was on the collar of my shirt, my combination. I undid my lock, grabbed my books and shoved them in my bag. I ran back to the lounge just as people whose lazy parents pick them up late were starting to show up.

I looked for Laura and the boys but didn’t see them. I glanced out the window and saw the bus, surrounded by girls.

No, it wasn’t a school bus, but a tour bus. It was huge and people were swarming it. I think the girls realized it was the Jonas Brothers’ bus; they were jumping up and down and yelling for their friends. Now all we needed was for Nick to stick his head out the window and...

“What the hell are you doing? We told you to hurry!” Joe yelled at me through the crowd.

I could here my friend Evy’s scream from where I was standing. I sprinted full force towards the bus, and, slid through gaps in the crowd, climbed through the almost invisible back door Laura was holding open for me.

“Joe, it’s ok, quit yelling, she didn’t mean to do that, besides the obsessive girls found the bus on their own, that wasn’t Kendall’s fault.” Laura grinned apologetically at me.

“Sorry Kendall,” Joe yelled at me from the front of the bus.

“It’s ok,” I called to him.

“Watch out for Joe,” Laura warned me, ”He’s... interesting.”

I laughed at the expression on her face. “He can’t be that bad.”

We walked to the front of the bus. Nick was staring at Laura and Joe was staring at me. Nick so loved her and she totally loved him, I have no idea why they weren’t dating. They would be the cutest couple ever.

“Hi Kendall,” said Kevin, who was digging in the fridge for something.

“Go on, plant it. We want to tell you about the CD.” Laura pointed to a chair. I dropped my stuff and moved to sit down, but Joe got there first, so that when I sat down, it was in his lap.

“Hello beautiful, how’s it going?” He smiled at me.

I leaned back, squishing him on purpose. “I’m just fine, how about you Joe?”

“I’m doing very well Kendall.” He slipped his arms around my waist. I groaned, faking annoyance.

“Wow Joe, desperate much? Hitting on a sixteen-year-old. Sad. And to think that I thought you were dating Taylor Swift...” I shook my head in mock disappointment.

“Nope, I’m single,” he said grinning and tightening his hold on me.

This was going to be a lot of fun, that much, I was sure about.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter! Yay!