When You Look Me in the Eyes

What Happens Next?

I went to the bedroom to check on Nick and saw him sitting on the bed, pulling the needle out of his arm. I averted my watering eyes; I hated seeing him have to deal with this. He put pressure on the spot with his finger and looked up at me. I sat down next to him. He held out his arm (it was kind of a ritual we had) and I rubbed it, gently massaging his forearm with my fingers. After a few minutes I went to the cabinet and took out a band-aid. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down on his lap. My hand found his and I pressed my lips gently to his arm and put the band-aid on, even though he didn’t really need it. We didn’t exchange any words this whole time; we didn’t have to. There was a mutual understanding of love, and caring for each other.

I leaned back against his chest, thinking about what was going to happen next in this crazy whirlwind of activity that I had come to call my everyday life...

Nick sighed and I turned around to face him. He looked really sad. I leaned forward until my forehead was pressed against his and looked into his eyes. He had the most incredible brown eyes. They were hypnotizing...

“Don’t give up. I know it’s hard. I admire you so much for being able to fight your way through this and be strong. I love you and you’re amazing.”

I felt myself relax into his arms after I spoke, leaning against him, letting his smell surround me. (He smelled like a walking Abercrombie and Fitch store; it was amazing, like being surrounded by cute clothes, but better.) I could feel him gently stroking my hair, running his fingers through it, combing out all of the tangles that had formed since I had brushed it earlier.

His face inched closer to mine, ever so slowly, and as he came nearer, I noticed things; how thick his eyelashes were, the freckle on his left cheek, the color of his lips.

His mouth met mine, putting gentle pressure on it, still running his fingers through my hair. I responded without thinking, closing my eyes and pressing my tongue against his lips. He gave in willingly, sliding closer and pulling me into his lap. I wound my arms around his neck and placed one hand on the side of his face, bringing his head down to my level so that I didn’t have to reach quite so far. His hands slowly put pressure on my chest, forcing me down on the bed, but I didn’t mind one bit. He came with me and rested his body on top of mine very gently, so that I felt none of his weight.

My hands moved to his throat and undid his bowtie. Why did I have to make him wear the stupid tuxedo?

The tie came away in my hands and I dropped it to the floor, pulling his jacket off, nearly ripping it in the process, but he didn’t seem to care. I slid my fingers down the buttons of his dress shirt, starting at the top and working my way down to the bottom slowly, teasing him.

His lips pressed harder to mine and I sped up ever so slightly.

I could feel his hand working it’s way up my dress and I shivered. I got to the last button on his shirt and undid it as slowly as possible, brushing my fingertips against his bare skin, and sliding my fingers under the edge of the waistband of his boxers. I pulled off his shirt and it fell to the floor. Nick’s lips pressed against my neck, making me moan, and then I gasped as I felt my bra strap loosen.

And someone else did too.

I broke away from Nick and looked at the door.

Oh my gosh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh, Nick's been a naughty boy, tsk tsk...