When You Look Me in the Eyes

What’s Wrong?

Nick and I walked down the hallway towards the elevators with our arms linked, talking about nothing in particular. Nick’s cell phone buzzed in his pocket.

“One second,” he said, pulling it out. I nodded in understanding. “Hey Amy, what’s up?” It was his publicist, Amy Jenkins. “She did what?” Nick’s face had gone from smiling to majorly ticked off in less than half a second. “Oh my God, I cannot believe this,” he whispered, running his fingers through his curls angrily. “Why do you think she would do something like that?” There was quiet for a moment as Nick listened. “Of course, for media attention, but do you think she has an ulterior motive?” Silence. “Oh my gosh, this is ridiculous,” Nick said, sounding frustrated. “Is there anything you can do about it?” In the silence that followed, Laura rested her hand on Nick’s shoulder, hoping to comfort him. “Ok, Amy is there anything I can do to help you?” Nick listened for a moment. “Mm-hm. Ok, but where am I supposed to find a—“ Nick glanced at Laura, a flash of understanding crossing his face, like a light bulb had suddenly gone on upstairs, “I think I can do that Amy. Ok, thanks for the information. Goodbye.” Nick placed his phone back in his pocket and linked arms with Laura.

“What was the problem Nicky?” Laura asked, rubbing his arm.

“I’ll tell you when we get back to the room,” Nick said, pressing the down button for the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger...

I WANT COMMENTS!!!! I better get at least 5 comments or I refuse to update for like a month, and I've already gotten the next chapter written.