When You Look Me in the Eyes

Ok, So Apparently I Had Sex With Nick Jonas?

Even though he said he was sorry, Nick’s bad mood was officially bugging me. I had gotten like 20 evil stares in the past half hour. He never looks at anyone with that face besides Joe. I didn’t know whether to feel insulted or flattered.

If I could have taken his temperature it either would have been blazing hot like his temper, or ice cold like his glares and his tone whenever he spoke to anyone. He was taking everything too literally and Joe was about one joke away from being road-kill beneath the bus.

I tried to talk to Nick, to no avail, finally giving up to go read a magazine where I saw...
“NICHOLAS JONAS AND LAURA SULLIVAN: CUTEST TEEN COUPLE?” I screamed at the top of my lungs, staring at a picture of me and Nick kissing that looked like it was from several months ago: our Disney date.

“WHAT?” Nick jumped out of his seat, came over to where I was standing, and grabbed the magazine away from me. He scanned the article, growing more wide-eyed every second.

I snatched the magazine back and he pulled it from my grasp again. We promptly had a tug of war over the magazine and Nick finally succeeded in wrenching it from my hands to read the article out loud for everyone.

“’What have Nick Jonas and Laura Sullivan been keeping from us? A lot apparently! This picture was taken several weeks ago in Walt Disney World, where the two were seen going to a movie, then having dinner in the Magic Kingdom, riding rides, and holding hands! The couple then walked back to the Grand Floridian, where both singers were staying in adjoining rooms! Nick walked Laura to her room and a make out session promptly began. Afterwards, Nick and Laura went to their respective rooms, but who knows what happened next, what with adjoining rooms and all. Nick did say that he ‘lost’ his purity ring in Disney World and that’s why he wasn’t wearing it anymore...’” Nick made a face.

“That’s a load of crap. We didn’t make out and our rooms weren’t adjoining,” I said angrily.

“And we sure as hell didn’t have sex. I really did lose my ring!”

“Yea, you lost it on Splash Mountain when we were hanging out that night, I remember. We both got totally soaked and it slipped off your finger,” I recalled.

“Yea, I remember that. I was helping you with something, your jacket maybe, and I realized that it wasn’t there.” Nick frowned and looked down at his hand where his new ring sparkled. I read it silently, upside-down: ‘Poned’, as in to be powerfully owned. I thought it was hysterical and I usually laughed when I read it, but not this time. This was the second time that the media had found pictures of me and Nick kissing. It was really annoying, considering that we actually weren’t dating. I knew the best thing to do would be to ignore it, but it was so hard...

Kendall walked out of the bedroom and interrupted my wandering thoughts. “When did you guys go on a date?” She attempted to steal the magazine from Nick, but he held it above his head where she couldn’t reach it. I opened the window behind her and made a throwing motion. He nodded ever so slightly and looked at Kendall’s angle to the window, trying to figure out how to get it around her and out the window. He took a step to the left and threw the magazine to the right. It went flying through the air and I saw it land on the highway behind us. Nick had really good aim.

Kendall pouted. “I wanted to read that.”

“It was all lies,” I said, stretching the truth just a teeny bit.

“Fine,” she grumbled, not at all satisfied. She stalked off towards the kitchen where the computer was. I was positive that she was going to search the article on the Internet.

“What are we going to do? The press is going to go crazy...” Kevin said.

I was thinking about what would happen if Gary Marsh, the President of Disney Channel, read the article. He would kill me and Nick and then bring us back from the dead to clean up the mess. I groaned.

“Laura, he’s probably already read it,” Joe said, reading my mind.

“Yea, Gary reads every teen magazine and tabloid out there to make sure that they don’t totally slam any of the Disney Channel stars. He’s probably really mad...” Nick frowned.

“Nick, we better call him, before he comes down here and tries to kill us.” I sighed. Gary was gonna be pissed off to the extreme...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, I'm sorry it's been like two months or something since I posted! Apparently my history teacher decided to fail me for no apparent reason and I had to go to a month of summer school, which was f*cking ridiculous. SORRY!!!!!