The Heart That Requires a Key

The Sleepover

"This wasn't as really much as I expected," Jeff said later on in the evening to Cindy while they were baby sitting her little sisters.

"Sorry about that. She likes to tug on people's arms a lot for no reason. Cleo get off of him now!" Cindy ordered.

"I mean I appreciate that I must be funny but wow she is really hyper"

"You're funny looking. Can you make a funny face for me," Cleo begged.

"Um I'm not as much funny but I can give it a try," Jeff said as he poke out his tongue and widened his eyes.

Cindy giggled along with her little sister at how nice with kids he was; just like he stated earlier in the day.

"I'm surprised to be getting laughs out of this," Jeff stated

"Cindy, me tired," Cleo informed her sister.

Cindy sighed "Let me go put her to sleep, I'll be back, you make yourself at home alright buddy.

"Bye bye Jeff," Cleo said waving.

"Have a nice nap little bugger," he joked.

Sitting on the sofa browsing through the channels until he ran into a two hour marathon of Tom and Jerry.

"Feeling alright?" Cindy asked as coming back into the room

"Yeah just fine I guess"

"There's an I guess. So that means you're not a hundred percent alright. So spill it"

"Don't worry about it Cindy, lets just watch TV"

Cindy turned off the television and threw the remote across the living room then laid her chin on Jeff's shoulder "Tell my or I pinch you," she promised.

Jeff took in a deep breath "Its this whole thing of me wanting a girlfriend so much. It isn't cutting out well for me and I feel totally hopeless."

"I remember you was telling me about that earlier. Well elaborate more on that maybe I can help."

"Well the other day, in school at lunch time; there’s this girl Amy who happens to be one of the prettiest girls in my grade. My friend Rich, you remember him right?"

Cindy nodded

"The guy pushes me to go talk to her even though I know it wasn't going to be a good idea, but hell anything to shut him up I guess I do it as long as it isn't a personal matter. Anyway I go up to her and start the conversation and it went well for the first few minutes after I complimented her and gracefully asked her how her day was going. I then proceed to ask her how long we've known each other and she says a year and I just go on about how I found her attractive and it’d be nice if we possibly could go out on a date or something. You know what she says?"

"You're cute but I don't actually see you in that type of way?"

Jeff paused and stared at Cindy oddly "OK how the hell did you know that?"

She laughed hysterically "Sorry to hit you with something so shocking like that but the fact of the matter is that it happens to just about all of us.......well mostly boys because I've done the same thing before so I already know where you're coming from with this story."

"OK so if you know what I mean then help me out with this question. WHAT DO I DO?" he asked.

"Its quite simple you see..." Jeff interrupted her before she could finish her words. "If you say for me to wait for my time I swear I will purposely bite my tongue."

She paused trying to hide a hopeless expression "Well that was my advice but if you don't see eye to eye with it then I'm not sure what more can I say."

Sighing with anticipation Jeff said "I understand what everybody is telling me in regards to waiting for my time and I'm sure I can do it but most common people such as myself live for a loving hand so it isn't easier done than it is said."

Cindy put an arm over Jeff's shoulder "You want to be let in on something Jeffy?"

"Let me at it"

"I'm taken with my boyfriend that I happen to love dearly. However had I never met him; without question, I'd be your girlfriend!" she said with a heart warming smile.

He looked at her bashfully "That lifted my spirit up," he said with a slight smile.

She kissed him on his cheek. "I'm glad it did. You'll always be my buddy but if it were possible to be you'd be my love but still I'm appreciated to know you. I'm going to go change and lay down for a bit. You coming or you going to stay out here?"

"I'll stay out here and watch more cartoons. Thanks for the enlighten by the way." he replied.

"Anytime." She proceeded on to her room and left Jeff to watch Tom chase Jerry on TV.